• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea on appox cost for 3 topping pizza ( pepperroni, mushroom, bacon) to feed 3 adults 2 of which are ladies and might eat 2 slices and 1 guy who isn't super eater. delievered to POR. Dh has never had REAL Chicago Pizza us girls have.

I posted the website a few posts up with the link - it has all of the prices.

Don't worry, the forecast for Orlando is regularly for scattered thunderstorms!

That tends to mean a short downpour sometime mid-afternoon in scattered places, but otherwise the weather is often fine. We've even been inside an attraction and then come out to find puddles everywhere, when it had been fine before we went in. Then it is fine for the rest of the day, indeed an hour later you'd never know it had even rained.

Of course with the weather there are never any actual guarantees, but you'll most likely be fine.

Andre

Thanks for easing my worries. I need to be more optimistic. Maybe the forecast will change or it won't be that bad. :)

If I had to guess; it could be painting/caulking windows and doors. General overall painting. Could be work to the floors.

When I was last there I was shown some design plans for a general freshening of the main lobby area - various work including updating the decor & colour schemes and laying new carpet. All quite subtle changes from what I could see, it looked very nice. Perhaps it is that work?

Andre

Wow the mods are on the ball here, I was just about to report a post from a newly registered user which seemed a little suspicious (sig link) but after I checked the user's profile and came back here, it had vanished about 5 minutes after it was posted!

Andre

When I was last there I was shown some design plans for a general freshening of the main lobby area - various work including updating the decor & colour schemes and laying new carpet. All quite subtle changes from what I could see, it looked very nice. Perhaps it is that work?

Andre

That is definately got to be it; that would fit the time frame of the building permit.

We'll just have to take more pics!

Any details in the room that you think are fun - lights, curtains, bedspeads, etc. would be great.

Also, could you maybe get a few snaps of TV-Channel #17, showing the new TV Station line-up in detail, so I can update the site with all the new numbers?

And depending on your camera, some shots of the new outside details at night? I can't wait til I'm back in August, and I'll try to get some low-light time exposures.

What else... well I wouldn't mind some pics of the evening food-court menu boards if you happen to be over there between 5pm and 10pm any day?

Hope you are having a great time now the initial issues are behind you.

Andre

ok, I havent downloaded picts for awhile, so I hope this works well. I sent the family to Blizzard Beach this afternoon and decided to walk around and take some pictures. Here is what I have so far:

DSCF2006.jpg

The new tv guide on channel 17, it goes up one channel at a time, kinda time consuming to see all channels, but nice to have a guide.
DSCF2003.jpg

The lights above the beds are different
DSCF2004.jpg

Along with the new lights above the beds is the new switches, which do not allow dimming. I really liked being able to dim the lights in the evening.
DSCF2008.jpg

Area between far bed and wall, just enough room to store suit cases.
DSCF2009.jpg

The shelf next to the fridge, sorry its messy with clothes, but knew if I didnt take pict now Ide forget.
DSCF1998.jpg

Main pool
DSCF1997.jpg

Food court
DSCF1988.jpg

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

menu
DSCF1992.jpg

menu
DSCF1993.jpg

menu
DSCF1994.jpg

menu
DSCF1995.jpg

menu
DSCF1982.jpg

DSCF1978.jpg

Current offers in the shops
DSCF1975.jpg

mug
DSCF1968.jpg

One of the buildings currently being worked on
DSCF1963.jpg

fishing
DSCF1961.jpg

AB building being painted
DSCF1959.jpg

The shower head now has many settings.
DSCF1958.jpg

coffee packets in the room
DSCF1957.jpg

New coffee pot in the rooms
DSCF1776.jpg

My Princess DD4 who got surprised with the Belle dress, shoes, etc and a hair cut and style at the Barber shop in Magic Kingdom!

very nice pics disney mom.....I was hoping there would be regular coffee maker because I'm picky about my coffee but I see that they are changing them.

Don't know about delivery charges, but the pizza will run you about $25-$28 for a large deep dish with 3 toppings. Giordano's usually comes up on restaurant.com and though the certificates specify dine-in only they allow you to use them for pick-up (not sure about delivery) but they do add in the 15% gratuity to the order. It was worth it to us because our kids were tired and we preferred taking the pizza back to the room anyway.
thanks for tip I'll keep eye out there for coupon. If i have to go get it so be it.

Thanks for the pics! Great job!

So excited to see the purchase with purchase offer in the shops and a pic of the mugs!!
---------------------------------
1st on site stay @ POR 3/24/12--Royal Room!
me, dh, dd8, ds5

Here are a few more picts from around WDW:

DSCF1803.jpg

View from Cinderellas castle over to the new expansion

DSCF1804.jpg

Closer pict of Beasts Castle from Cinderellas castle

DSCF2010-1.jpg

Bouceback offer card

DSCF2011.jpg

Other side of bounceback offer

DSCF1976-1.jpg

Work being done to Rainforest Cafe at DTD

I see the bounce back dates for 2012 but I was wondering if we would be able to use bounce back for late Feb or early March of next year...we cant afford to go twice in 1 yr.

I see the bounce back dates for 2012 but I was wondering if we would be able to use bounce back for late Feb or early March of next year...we cant afford to go twice in 1 yr.

I tried for Feb, but they would not go beyond the dates listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter