Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if these questions have been answered, this is a ton of pages to look through.

I am not familiar with this resort at all, but I'm thinking of booking a royal room for the end of July. My mother will be traveling with myself and my children and has some mobility issues. Which of the two royal room buildings is closest to everything, main pool, food court, bus stop? Also do these buildings have elevators? It looks to me like Oak Manor would be the best choice. What kind of views are availablein Oak Manor? We would be fine with a standard view, to keep cost down, does Oak Manor have any standard view rooms? Thanks so much for any help.

Sorry if these questions have been answered, this is a ton of pages to look through.

I am not familiar with this resort at all, but I'm thinking of booking a royal room for the end of July. My mother will be traveling with myself and my children and has some mobility issues. Which of the two royal room buildings is closest to everything, main pool, food court, bus stop? Also do these buildings have elevators? It looks to me like Oak Manor would be the best choice. What kind of views are availablein Oak Manor? We would be fine with a standard view, to keep cost down, does Oak Manor have any standard view rooms? Thanks so much for any help.

The mansions do have elevators. Oak Manor is closer; Parterre Place has some of the more remote rooms at POR in the standard category.

All views are in both buildings. If you want to guarantee to be closer, you have two options, book riverview or call the disabilities number (It is posted on the disabilities board) and make a request for a room in Oak Manor.

Unfortunately, in the case of Parterre Place (much like the Pirate rooms at CBR), it is an enticement by making some of the most remote rooms more desirable.

Hope that helps!

Hi all

We missed the fun last night. But I have sent Andre a few pics. The room is really cool. Here are a few thoughts so far

Love the led headboard. Love the cinderella coach coat rack.

The wallpaper border is super cute with hidden characters. The table with the embedded letter is a nice touch.

Thank you Andre for the pics!!!!! I have been stalking the thread all day! The rooms look exactly like the concept pics. If it is even possible I am more excite now!!!!!!:cool1::woohoo::cool1::woohoo:

Thank you so much for posting the pics Andre!! :worship: The rooms are so beautiful and I am soooo glad I decided to switch to a Royal Room. Only 48 days to go!!:banana::banana::banana:

Thank you so much for the photos. We are booked in a RR the end of June. Even my son, who is adverse to all things "girly" likes the look of the rooms :banana:. We cannot wait.

OK, next batch. Some more details, and also a couple of Accessible bathroom photos this time. Larger (clickable) versions at: http://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php:

PO.org-Guest-RGR-First-TV_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-RGR-First-PrincessArt_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-RGR-First-SpecialNeedsTub_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-RGR-First-SpecialNeeds_forum.jpg

(again, many thanks to the uploader)

Andre

Like I expected guests to be on line at 3 am so Andre could have received them when he got up in the UK.:lmao:

LOL, I was actually thinking of asking what you were doing up at that time as it seemed really late for the US!

We missed the fun last night. But I have sent Andre a few pics.

Many thanks, I'll be working on uploading them later; we've got visitors now (dinner time in the UK) and I've got a very early start in the morning, so they might have to be uploaded overnight (US time) so you'll all have them for the morning.

[Oops, they seem to have been scaled down to almost thumbnails by Cinder-Belle's email software. I've asked her if she could possibly try re-sending the full size pics again without letting the software scale them]

Andre

Ok, glad I was not the only one that could not get an RGR room to come up on the reservations system. At least I know it's not me.

To the person who had something else listed on their confirmation (sorry it was a few pages back so I forgot who it was). Same on my Ressie. It says POR Riverside QUP. I called them last night and said I was concerned. We are traveling the week of xmas and I expect the hotel to be full. I didn't want to arrive to find out they reserved something else, the RGR was the entire reason we booked POR and she confirmed that my ressie was for an RGR. :confused3 Don't know why it doesnt list like that on the ressie. I may call again, lol.

Ok, now on to the pics. SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I really can't wait to stay here and I too am more excited about the room then the parks!! I am so jealous of those that got to experience it first. SOOOOO cool!!!!! And the pics of the waterfall and the shrubs/lights OMG!! I have to admit that everyone spoke about the beauty of this resort and in looking at the pics I just thought it looked ok, really didn't think it looked like anything special. But we booked it because DD is a lover of all things princess and we thought this would be AWESOME. Also, with the time of year we are going we thought the ferry to DTD would be a nice thing to avoid traffic. And NOW.... I CAN'T WAIT!! I can't wait to see this place in person. Those pics inside and out were BEAUTIFUL!! I am sooooo super excited.

Thank you Andre and everyone else who is taking time out of their vacation to send those pics in. We've been waiting and we appreciate your work and time in indulging us!!!:worship:

I PROMISE not to do this every Saturday, but 6 WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW WE'LL BE CHECKING IN! hahahah! Getting sooooo excited!!!

So when I have insomnia again tonight, I know where to go first, after I pop a movie in the DVD player.

Well I'm turning in for the night now, but I'll be back at work at 7am (9 hours from now) so I'll keep an eye out for an American insomniac online.

Andre

Thanks Andre for keeping us up to date with pictures etc on the new royal rooms! I'm headed there in April for my honeymoon. I'm so excited!!! Keep the updates coming.

If anyone else can answer this question please do so - are reservations necessary for Boatwrights and if so how do I go about doing that?

Can anyone tell me, are there garden view rooms in buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27? I know it is a preferred building, but is that for the side closest to the main building? Are there other categories within the Alligator Bayou preferred buildings?

Asking because we are going in Sept/Oct and we will be traveling with my parents. My father has health problems and we need to be as close to the main building as possible.
I was thinking of connecting rooms with them being preferred and us being some other category. Hope that makes sense. Just hoping there is some setup like that or if we'll end up having to pay the preferred price.

Thanks Andre for keeping us up to date with pictures etc on the new royal rooms! I'm headed there in April for my honeymoon. I'm so excited!!! Keep the updates coming.

If anyone else can answer this question please do so - are reservations necessary for Boatwrights and if so how do I go about doing that?
I'd make ressies if you wish to eat there but everytime I've done it it has been slow.

Has anyone tried using an air mattress in one of the newly refurbished rooms? We were originally planning to place a twin size alongside the bed closest to the door. But none of the pictures I've seen show that area very well. I can't tell if there is still enough space now that the rooms have queen beds. TIA:)

Has anyone tried using an air mattress in one of the newly refurbished rooms? We were originally planning to place a twin size alongside the bed closest to the door. But none of the pictures I've seen show that area very well. I can't tell if there is still enough space now that the rooms have queen beds. TIA:)

I'm wanting to know the answer to this too (specifically the royal room). I've got 2 squirmy daughters and 1 snoring husband, so I'm hoping to bring an air mattress for one of them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter