• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if this has been posted or not but here ate some prices that someone asked for Agee pages back
1. 1/2 gallon of milk $2.95
2. 6pk of pop $8.00- sprite, dietcoke, reg Cole
3. 24 bottle water-$16.00 I didn't see frozen pizza but they do sell 1/2 dozen bagels for $4.45, which is cheaper than the bakery at $2.79 each
There are toasters and microwaves in th food court that you can use.
PianoBob is amazing. Out kids loved him
Those were the measurements of the mattress of the Murphy bed. The platform that is on is several cm bigger all around. The drawers for storage underneath. Also shelf above the Murphy bed and shelf above were you hang clothes.
The nice thing is at the back of the shower /tub, there is a bench seat which is good for people who may not be able to stand long in the shower, like knee issues or some similar.
That's all the ?'s I can remember at this point. We have a few more days, so if someone thinks of any, let me know.

Im not sure if this has been posted or not but here ate some prices that someone asked for Agee pages back
1. 1/2 gallon of milk $2.95
2. 6pk of pop $8.00- sprite, dietcoke, reg Cole
3. 24 bottle water-$16.00 I didn't see frozen pizza but they do sell 1/2 dozen bagels for $4.45, which is cheaper than the bakery at $2.79 each
There are toasters and microwaves in th food court that you can use.
PianoBob is amazing. Out kids loved him
Those were the measurements of the mattress of the Murphy bed. The platform that is on is several cm bigger all around. The drawers for storage underneath. Also shelf above the Murphy bed and shelf above were you hang clothes.
The nice thing is at the back of the shower /tub, there is a bench seat which is good for people who may not be able to stand long in the shower, like knee issues or some similar.
That's all the ?'s I can remember at this point. We have a few more days, so if someone thinks of any, let me know.

OMG I think I just went into price shock. :scared1: $16.00 for 24 bottles of water. home we pay the most $5.00 for 24 bottles of water. I am a coupon queen I might have to bring my coupon binder to disney if I have to pay those prices :laughing: JK

Pixiedustfanatic, thanks so much. Those are some great features and they are getting me excited about this being "the one". You actually mentioned specifically a few of the things I am looking for in a resort -

things to do at the hotel in case the parks get to be too much.
Beautiful grounds
LOVE the salads at the foodcourt and DH already loved that it was open until midnight.
The pool area
I think I read the buses are not shared during peak time which would be when we go, so I guess I don't have to worry about that.
I too loved the ferry to DTD.

Thanks for all the great info!!

momtolots, thanks for the prices. So high. On our last trip, a friend came to meet us and he brought us a case of water and like 2 six packs of juice boxes. To be honest, we barely touched them. Between the drinks we had w/ our meals and the refillable mugs, we didn't have a need for much else. We used maybe one pack of juice boxes and maybe 6-10 bottles of water. I think this time I'll just deal with it and buy it when I want it.

I have 11 months to go and I'm starting to get excited about this already!!!

We bought 3 6packs of pepsi (the small bottles) and 4 boxes of capri sun. My dd drinks ALOT...she's not a fan of soda or water. We also bought snacks like fruity snack, those sandwich cracker things & goldfish crackers...the snacks are good for when you are waiting in line for an attraction or for a show/parade to start.

We are gonna do a test run with the luggage and see how much they weight to see how it all fits.

Can anyone give me suggestions for a room location close to the main pool and dining without it being a priority room? I've had open heart surgery, and while doing great, I don't want to use up too much energy just getting back and forth to our room, and we will probably be going early and then returning for an afternoon rest and then going back later in the day. We are in the Alligator Bayou section. Appreciate any thoughts on this.

From looking at the map it looks like there is a bridge that goes from some of the locations to the main building and food court? Is this correct? I am planning to book a princess themed room so I guess I would be in Pattere or oak?

IMG_1299-1.jpg

Is the seating area for the nightly movies on the grass? If so, what do you sit on? Do they provide chairs or something? We watched a movie once at ASMu, but it was by the pool so there were chairs already there. We loved POR, but I remember seeing lots of lizards and even a few snakes!! Not sure I want to sit in the grass.....

We just returned from staying at POR February 4th -11th and had a wonderful time! I had booked a Garden View room in October when the website stated it had queen beds. At that time I requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room in a mansion building. I did online check in 10 days prior and then called a few days later to make sure my requests were still attached to the booking (they were). We checked in about 7 pm and were given a 2nd floor room in Acadian House, so I didn't have to quibble about the queen bed issue! The room was very close to the North bus depot and was a short, pleasant walk to the main building.

Bus service was very prompt (other than coming back from the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, but you share a bus with several other resorts so it takes a while). We shared a bus with POFQ about 25% of the time which added about 5 minutes to each trip (or longer if there were scooters to unload). We did not consider that a deal breaker at all. There was no pattern to the schedule of depots around POR as the North depot was, at varying times, first, last or somewhere in the middle.

The food court was fine. The pasta was good, as was the make your own salad, but the offerings otherwise consisted of the typical Disney burger, pizza, etc. We only ate breakfast there once during peak time and it was busy, but manageable.

We took the water taxi to DTD one morning and that was so nice we decided to take it to POFQ another morning for beignets!

We did the campfire a few nights, which was fun. It ran from 5:30-6:30 and everyone got a marshmallow to roast. You could buy graham crackers and Hershey bars at Fulton's, but I never saw anyone do that.

We watched the movie one evening, which was nice. It's on the lawn outside Oak Manor and they provide towels to lay on, although you do just sit on the ground. After a 90 minute movie, DH and I definitely got up much slower than we got down! I took the opportunity that evening to peek in a couple of rooms under renovation. They were gutted with all furnishings (except a toilet in the middle of the room - I imagine they reuse those) and carpet out. The old wallpaper border was still up. There was work going on during the day, but I couldn't tell what exactly.

The main pool was closed the 6th -8th (I think it opened up at some point on the 8th) so they had a golf cart shuttle going to the POFQ main pool from 10 am to 7 pm.

Overall, we loved the resort and would absolutely stay there again!

KCmike, where have you been my friend??? Excellent photo!

Thanks. I've been over on the other side of the disboards. We are preparing for a summer visit to Disneyland again and trying to get all the information as to when Carsland and DCA's Buena Vista street will be ready.

On another note though we thought Disneyland would be our last visit to any Disney park for quite some time but we found out a few days ago that my 8th grade boy/girl twins who play instruments will have the opportunity to play in the band for High School in Orlando in 2013. So we will get the chance to revisit one more time. I think they will play in Universal (sad) but they think there will be time for Disney.

I see your trip is almost here!! How exciting. Is the Nikon all fired up? Are you staying at the Poly now? Will there be a trip report as well?

Thanks. I've been over on the other side of the disboards. We are preparing for a summer visit to Disneyland again and trying to get all the information as to when Carsland and DCA's Buena Vista street will be ready.

On another note though we thought Disneyland would be our last visit to any Disney park for quite some time but we found out a few days ago that my 8th grade boy/girl twins who play instruments will have the opportunity to play in the band for High School in Orlando in 2013. So we will get the chance to revisit one more time. I think they will play in Universal (sad) but they think there will be time for Disney.

I see your trip is almost here!! How exciting. Is the Nikon all fired up? Are you staying at the Poly now? Will there be a trip report as well?

Congrats, and yeah camera is all ready and my custom panorama head is ready too. Took me a lot of work but got it strait. Yeah we were relocated to the poly because of the RGR refurb being behind. I have never done a report so I don't know about that.

Are all the rooms (other than the princess themed room) being remodeled or is it just certain buildings? It may have already been answered, but it is taking a long time for me to get through the thread.

Congrats, and yeah camera is all ready and my custom panorama head is ready too. Took me a lot of work but got it strait. Yeah we were relocated to the poly because of the RGR refurb being behind. I have never done a report so I don't know about that.

Venom I for one would like to read a trip report of yours. Maybe take down a few notes each night before you go to sleep just incase you decide to do one.

:scared1: :scared1:Last visit to WDW???? Why? Have fun in DL. I haven't been there in years.

Is the seating area for the nightly movies on the grass? If so, what do you sit on? Do they provide chairs or something? We watched a movie once at ASMu, but it was by the pool so there were chairs already there. We loved POR, but I remember seeing lots of lizards and even a few snakes!! Not sure I want to sit in the grass.....

When we were there in Aug, they didn't have chairs out, just a couple of benches that are there on the patio area. Most sat on towels on the lawn. Way to uncomfortable for me, my back couldn't hack it, so we skipped the movies.

Are all the rooms (other than the princess themed room) being remodeled or is it just certain buildings? It may have already been answered, but it is taking a long time for me to get through the thread.

If you go to portorleans dot org you can see the process of renovation. The entire resort will be complete this year.

As of right now, these buildings are done: AB 14, 36, 37 & 38 and the mansion buildings Magnolia and Acadian. I believe Oak Manor is currently closed for renovation for RGR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter