• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you asking regarding luggage on a flight? If so, no problem, baggage areas are pressurized. The cans will not explode whether checked or carry-on. There is a possibility that rough handling can damage the cans and cause a leak. I recommend putting the cans inside of a "zip-loc" baggie. They can add significantly to the weight of the luggage so keep that in mind if you are concerned about extra luggage fees.

But don't forget that on carry ons they have to be a certain size if they are liquids, etc. (the checkers might confiscate your drinks if they are thristy):rotfl2:

I would still be concerned even if it is pressurized about exploding pop even in ziploc bags. What if the ziploc bag can't take the explosion. :lmao:

I think I would mail mine down so if they do explode, the post office or whoever you ship it through has to worry about the mess.:laughing:

(sorry couldn't resist putting these):goodvibes

My first trip to WDW at the age of 5 a person put paint cans in their luggage and they exploded in the air.... please be careful with what u pack. our luggage went from blue to covered in white paint. Be careful

Thank you for letting me know about the different HA rooms. My mom has a walker that she doesn't use all the time, by the knee bending is out. I was sad to read that people get upset at having to wait for people in wheel chairs or scooters on the bus!! Crazy.

K in SA

My first trip to WDW at the age of 5 a person put paint cans in their luggage and they exploded in the air.... please be careful with what u pack. our luggage went from blue to covered in white paint. Be careful

What a mess, I hope that people were compesated, especially since all the luggage probably looked alike then. :lmao:

this is why I love southwest...2 free checked bags per person 50lbs or less. I might do bottles...just need a 12 pack of those small bottles. Just one to have a bedtime to help us get over the coke crap :lmao:

edit to add: I would definitely put them in ziplock bags.

might want to make sure that you let them sit a while before you open them, instead of all over the ziploc or your luggage, it might be all over the room. :lmao:

makes me think more about bringing instant tea, sugar and a plastic container to make it in :rotfl: (I'd rather not do the Coke stuff either, if I have to have coke, I like it as a fountain drink not straight from the can, it just seems more potent straight from the can):thumbsup2

might want to make sure that you let them sit a while before you open them, instead of all over the ziploc or your luggage, it might be all over the room. :lmao:

makes me think more about bringing instant tea, sugar and a plastic container to make it in :rotfl: (I'd rather not do the Coke stuff either, if I have to have coke, I like it as a fountain drink not straight from the can, it just seems more potent straight from the can):thumbsup2

We are bringing our own coffee because we are so darn picky about our coffee! lol

I was hoping that if someone is at POR or will be going there soon could find out prices for me on the following:

1/2 gal milk
2 liter bottle pop
12 pk of can pop (if they sell that there)
frozen pack of pizzas (they had these at OKW when we were there in 07)
6 or 12 pack of bottled water

Also if you happen to go to the HESS station across from DD, could you also find the prices out for the drinks there too?

I would really appreciate any help. :worship: Trying to decide if I need to order from Garden Grocer or just buy the stuff on property.
The last time we went I packed a box of juice boxes, gatorade, cereal, snacks (I even made muffins and packed those!) etc and checked it. I wrapped the drinks in two kitchen sized garbage bags and taped them shut. I also padded the bottom of the box with newspaper. Everything made it there just fine. I will be doing this again when we go in March. Was a real money saver!

The last time we went I packed a box of juice boxes, gatorade, cereal, snacks (I even made muffins and packed those!) etc and checked it. I wrapped the drinks in two kitchen sized garbage bags and taped them shut. I also padded the bottom of the box with newspaper. Everything made it there just fine. I will be doing this again when we go in March. Was a real money saver!

We are packing juice boxes, ovaltine, individual boxes of cereal, poptarts, assorted individual bags of snacky type foods like goldfish crackers & fruity snacks. We are gonna try packing the small bottles of soda and do what you do wrapped them up good in garbage bags.

We are flying southwest & get 2 free bags. The extra space we will have on the way home will be filled with stuff from shopping so it all works out.

We are packing juice boxes, ovaltine, individual boxes of cereal, poptarts, assorted individual bags of snacky type foods like goldfish crackers & fruity snacks. We are gonna try packing the small bottles of soda and do what you do wrapped them up good in garbage bags.

We are flying southwest & get 2 free bags. The extra space we will have on the way home will be filled with stuff from shopping so it all works out.

Love Southwest!!!

Yeah we fly AirTran since they got bought out by southwest now we will be flying them next year.

We used to fly Airtran but they pulled out of our local airport, leaving us with no direct flights to the Orlando airport we need to be at for the ME :scared1: So we make the 2 1/2hr drive to Chicago and fly Southwest.

Thank you for letting me know about the different HA rooms. My mom has a walker that she doesn't use all the time, by the knee bending is out. I was sad to read that people get upset at having to wait for people in wheel chairs or scooters on the bus!! Crazy.

K in SA

yes it is sad that people can be so rude. this guy and his wife were asked to move out of the seats so the bus driver could put my daughter there in her wheelchair. well, he had a fit! he was just nasty about it making nasty comments out loud, it really made my daughter feel uncomfortable. honestly, the driver should have threw him off the bus!! i really felt like letting my Jersey girl attitude loose on him, but i kept my mouth shut. karma... it will get him one day :)

I totally agree, I can't believe someone would make a scene that they had to give up a seat for a child in a wheelchair is honestly sicken. yes she might be 16 but she still a kid. I am not looking forward to that situation myself either. we are traveling with my 82 yr "young" grandmother. I make her rent a scooter for our disney trips. We stayed at the AKL on our last trip to WDW and we got the "look" from other guest too.
I really don't care they can get mad, scream and throw all the fits they want, I'm just happy she still here to enjoy a trip with us, me her granddaughter and her 2 great grandchildren.
I can't believe some of the stuff ppl get mad over, I wonder do they ever go home and say "my such an a**"

speaking of soda...is it "safe" to put cans of pepsi in your luggage? We HATE coke and we heard they dont sell pepsi stuff at Hess.

We fly with diet pepsi in our checked luggage always. We have never had problems with it exploding. We do pack the small bottles instead of cans, but I really don't think it matters.

Past experience, some people are very rude and get bent out of shape when they have to give those seats up for a wheelchair or scooter.

That is terrible. I've always gotten up no questions asked or rude expressions exchanged.

Actually, only one question usually. "Would you like to sit?"

handycap comes first in my book - I am 64 and I get up for woman and stand. Upbringing, I guess? Makes me wonder though when teens won't offer their seats?

I hope you get some satisfaction and that it doesn't take much of your vacation time to get it!! On a different note, noticed that you are (normally) 'N. of Kingston'??!! We live in the Southern US but my family (including parents) are 'N. of Kingston'!! Verona/Westport-ish.

We actually live about 20min north of Kingston on Bob's lake! The world gets smaller everyday.
The day manager today was great! I explained about communication issues, etc, especially since the kids were booked for the pirate bayou today and they were the only ones registered. The CM at the marina said we could book for Sunday instead. I said that's what we tried to do originally but was told it was full. They said no it wasn't, there are only 10 kids registered!
Anyway, the end result was we received a $100.00 room credit plus 8 priority passes that can be used like fast passes. I felt that he was generous and we were more concerned that it didn't happen again to other people.
Thanks to you guys for all the pixie dust.
I will say that in all out years of staying onsite, this is the first time we have ever had any issues, so I guess statistically we are doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter