Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, we are booked into a Royal Room the week before you. Did Disney call you about this issue or did you call them?

They called me and left a number other than the normal reservation number to call back. When you call back it automatically goes to a voice mail where I had to leave my name, reservation number and best time and number you can be reached at. It said they would call back withing 48 hours. I must have called it over 30 times and it kept going to the voice mail.

Finally I couldn't stand it anymore and called the regular number and explained my voice mail and got transfered over.

:wave:

I'm tempted to book a Princess Room for my princess-loving GD for our trip in late April- Not sure if it would be worth the difference in price with Pop, though. I'm going to be at POFQ in early March-I wonder if I could take a peek at one while I'm there? That would probably make the decision easier...or not!:rotfl:

We are booked in a Royal Room March 26-31 and would LOVE an upgrade. Are you saying we should call and ask?? We are booked through Dreams Unlimited so my TA there would have to call, right?

Sorry for the double post last night, but the Dis Boards are acting crazy for me!

After re-reading my post I want to clarify that I'm not going to call and beg for an upgrade, BUT if they are looking for volunteers . . .:) I may see if my TA will put in a call today and see what's going on.

If you are offered a upgrade because the royal rooms are not ready what choices are you given. Are they only offering the poly? Just wondering we are booked for the royal rooms in April.

I was told by a birdie, don't worry about calling. If they haven't called you. You are staying where you have booked. I would not worry no need to stress, I promise. I was told first hand through Disney admin, they are not taking incoming calls regarding this. If you are selected you would be called more than two weeks out, and they have been fedexing new luggage stickers and other Mickey mail to those being offered the upgrade.

Well I check in on the 10th so I shall just wait see what happens. popcorn::

If you are offered a upgrade because the royal rooms are not ready what choices are you given. Are they only offering the poly? Just wondering we are booked for the royal rooms in April.

I was offered Poly and Boardwalk. She told me that GF and Cont were both booked during our stay. I did not ask about availability at any other resorts.

Are there any new pics of the renovated rooms at AB?

Forgive me, I did not go through every page of the thread.

Thank you in advance!

Well I check in on the 10th so I shall just wait see what happens. popcorn::

You'll be fine.

***To Everyone wondering... If you haven't gotten a call you are where you reserved. So don't worry or stress about it. If you become selected Disney will notify you and place an offer on the table. If you accept they will FedEx or overnight you all the corrected arrangements for your stay.

'Standard View' Royal Rooms could be located in either Oak Manor (opening 9th March) or Parterre Place (opening a little later, around 13th April).

Oh, and just so you're not disappointed, they will not actually be suites, just regular sized bedrooms with two queen beds, twin sinks, a separate bathroom/WC, etc.

Andre

Thank you for making sure I knew it was a room, not a suite. I realized I misspoke after I posted.

I know the Royal Rooms are in those 2 buildings- when I booked and said I wanted a standard Royal Room the CM said "all the standard Royal rooms are in the 'x' building." I just can't remember which building she said and I don't even know if she is correct or not. I thought they would have all types of Royal rooms in both buildings. As I said in a previous post, I hope they are all in one building because we are traveling with friends and it would be nice for all of us to be in the same building.

so after reading through the posts it looks like a couple of people have mentioned that they didnt qualify for free dining in royal room. im booked for royal room in sept/oct and was banking on getting free dining (hopefully when offers come out in march). did anyone hear anything about the royal rooms not qualifying for free dining? i would probably change rooms if the royal room doesnt qualify. thanks Jenn

We are booked for april17-24 in a royal room. We have both offers; the % off and free quick service. I hope the info helps. I had a really hard time getting a royal room. We are traveling with my mother and grandmother, they have their own room. My mom called and was giving a royal room with the offers on her first try.I must have called 2x a day for a week and was told no. So good luck.
Now with all of the talk of upgrades because of the rooms not being done has me wondering if they will be done by our travel dates. I thank god I never told my DD5 about us staying in them. I would take the upgrade in a minute. :woohoo:

I thought they would have all types of Royal rooms in both buildings.

They will, don't worry. The cast member at the Reservations Center just got it wrong (yeah, I know - shock!!!). 'Standard View' rooms will be available in both buildings (once both are open) and effectively means you could be located anywhere in Oak or Parterre, most likely with a fairly basic view. The next category up, 'Garden View', means you are guaranteed not to face the parking lots, and so on.

Andre

We are booked for april17-24 in a royal room. We have both offers; the % off and free quick service. I hope the info helps. I had a really hard time getting a royal room. We are traveling with my mother and grandmother, they have their own room. My mom called and was giving a royal room with the offers on her first try.I must have called 2x a day for a week and was told no. So good luck.
Now with all of the talk of upgrades because of the rooms not being done has me wondering if they will be done by our travel dates. I thank god I never told my DD5 about us staying in them. I would take the upgrade in a minute. :woohoo:
I'd say rooms will be fairly limited if aval at all. I inquired about Ap rate in royal room for our dates without luck.

We just got home from Riverside today! It was a great trip! We did not get a refurbished room, the cast member we checked in with wasn't overly friendly so I decided not to push to change rooms. In the end, I think it was for the best. We needed the extra storage available in the older rooms and the trundle bed was a better choice for our little one because she kept rolling out of bed. This morning I found her curled up sleeping UNDER our bed :)
The room was worn but clean, I can see why they are refurbing. We were in building 28 and it seemed like everything was a very very long walk. If I had it to do over again, I would ask for building 14, it would have been worth the charge to upgrade to the preferred building.
Andre, I didn't see anything special going on today for the anniversary but we were really busy keeping up with the kids so I could have missed something. I tested the wi fi speed like you asked. It was pretty spotty in our building and the upload speed was 1.75 mb. I actually ended up using the 4g on my phone most of the time.
All in all, the resort was a good fit for us. The room was plenty big enough, the pool was great and the food court was very good. Most of the cast members were very nice and helpful but some of the older ladies that work there are CRANKY. I lost the lid to my mug and asked one of the check out ladies in the food court if I could get a replacement. She said no and acted pretty put out that I had asked. I went to a manager and asked him, he got a replacement for me with no problem at all. That kind of thing happened a lot, I just kept asking until I got the answer I wanted.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend POR for families with 3 kids if they can't go delux.

Reading all these posts makes me nervous :confused: We are arriving on March 28th....very late!! Our original reservation stated queen beds, garden view so I was really hoping for a refurbished room. I requested a room as close to the main lobby as possible(and even asked about the possiblity of upgrading to preferred) but now I worry we wont get any of the above.(and the last time I called they said there were no special requests and the CM refused to add any!!) I know it will all be ok....we will be at Disney, right???....but I really didnt want to end up with a huge walk

From the back of AB to the main building it is at most 1/2 mile, it took me about 10 min at a normal pace from building 36 to get there. We have been there twice with our first DD when she was 3 and then again when she was 5, and none of us had any issues with the walk. We find walking around POR relaxing, and there were even a few times after a full day at the park we would get off at the main building and walk back to the room. The walk is very enjoyable and it helped us unwind from the day before we got back in our room. The only time we would pay for a preferred room is if my MIL joins us since she has issues with her legs. BTW, I am no spring chicken either:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter