Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
if our royal rooms arent ready by March 23 I dont wanna upgrade...rather stay at POR in a room with queen beds. However I do wanna be compenstated since we already paid for RR....hmmm maybe free dining lol

I can't believe your room won't be ready at the end of March. Wow! Don't you already have free dining though???:confused3 Or just the free upgrade to DDX plan?

She said she was booked March 25-30.

Yes those are our dates. They asked me if I would like the opportunity to upgrade and I probably could have said no if I wanted to but Poly has always been a dream of mine and since we are going during my birthday I told them I would love the upgrade.
If you try to make a reservation for my dates it says POR is not available so they must be booked and not having the second set of rooms done is probably making things difficult.

I can't believe your room won't be ready at the end of March. Wow! Don't you already have free dining though???:confused3 Or just the free upgrade to DDX plan?

Hubster called POR directly and they said our rooms should be ready....I was just saying IF they wont be ready instead of upgrading us to Deluxe resort I much rather stay at POR and get free dining. NO we do not have the free dining...they told us our room doesnt qualify for the free dining. Right now we have the deluxe dining plan.

Question...If they are offering upgrades to the deluxes because not all those royal rooms are ready what are the chances they will do that if they have no queen sized beds available? When I booked it said "queen" and when I called to put it as a request the person told me that they are behind on renovations. I need bigger beds and I do feel like I am getting the bait and switch routine.

Question...If they are offering upgrades to the deluxes because not all those royal rooms are ready what are the chances they will do that if they have no queen sized beds available? When I booked it said "queen" and when I called to put it as a request the person told me that they are behind on renovations. I need bigger beds and I do feel like I am getting the bait and switch routine.

The size of the bed and refurb is not as critical to them as booking royal rooms and then not being able to deliver on that. They may refund you the difference. But I don't see it to be to hard to accommodating the refurb request.

We are staying in April in POR for 4 nights before heading off on the Magic for a 5night cruise. There are five of us, my youngest is 9. My TA put us in POR and we were fine being a little jammed in one room as we are going to be in a cruise stateroom also. But I have now seen the new Murphy and am concerned. When I booked it was still called a trundle, but the pics I have seen of the new bed look rather small. Now I just read that it says, not for kids over 9. Yikes! Is my daughter going to be comfortable?? She is a good size normal 9 year old I'd say for size. Help? Getting nervous we made a BIG mistake.

Bumping this hoping for some thoughts... thanks.

The size of the bed and refurb is not as critical to them as booking royal rooms and then not being able to deliver on that. They may refund you the difference. But I don't see it to be to hard to accommodating the refurb request.

But it is not a refurb request...I booked it because the description said there were queens sized beds.

I even called the hotel in advance to booking to make sure that we would be gaurenteed a queen bed it we booked there or we would go somewhere else.

But it is not a refurb request...I booked it because the description said there were queens sized beds.

I even called the hotel in advance to make sure that we would be gaurenteed a queen bed it we booked there or we would go somewhere else.

Ohh ok, Well I don't see you having a problem there. They have a lot of refurbs already done.

I even called the hotel in advance to booking to make sure that we would be gaurenteed a queen bed it we booked there or we would go somewhere else.

The queens mean more to some than others. If you booked your room when it said "garden queen" than that is what you should get. If it matters to you, when you arrive, just explain nicely that you booked because of the queens and it should be hopefully worked out. If they say no, I wouldn't settle for less. They are upgrading for decor/queens in the Royal Rooms, I'm not sure why reservations expecting queens in AB should have to settle. People who booked the "queen" rooms booked that reservation because they were made to believe that they would be getting a refurbished room too.

Hopefully your room will be ready, with queens and all will be good!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Please update after your back!!:goodvibes

We are staying in April in POR for 4 nights before heading off on the Magic for a 5night cruise. There are five of us, my youngest is 9. My TA put us in POR and we were fine being a little jammed in one room as we are going to be in a cruise stateroom also. But I have now seen the new Murphy and am concerned. When I booked it was still called a trundle, but the pics I have seen of the new bed look rather small. Now I just read that it says, not for kids over 9. Yikes! Is my daughter going to be comfortable?? She is a good size normal 9 year old I'd say for size. Help? Getting nervous we made a BIG mistake.

We stayed at POR the first week in December. My youngest son is 9. He is short for his age, but he had plenty of room on the Murphy bed. I'm sure my 13-year-old daughter would have been fine on it as well, and she is tall for her age. I think you will be fine. Have a great vacation!

Yes those are our dates. They asked me if I would like the opportunity to upgrade and I probably could have said no if I wanted to but Poly has always been a dream of mine and since we are going during my birthday I told them I would love the upgrade.
If you try to make a reservation for my dates it says POR is not available so they must be booked and not having the second set of rooms done is probably making things difficult.

Hmm, we are booked into a Royal Room the week before you. Did Disney call you about this issue or did you call them?

Hmm, we are booked into a Royal Room the week before you. Did Disney call you about this issue or did you call them?

They may be looking for volunteers to make room for over books. It is a good bet that if they don't call you you won't get upgraded. They are calling people based on a few different specifications of the guests staying and time frames.

They may be looking for volunteers to make room for over books. It is a good bet that if they don't call you you won't get upgraded. They are calling people based on a few different specifications of the guests staying and time frames.

We are booked in a Royal Room March 26-31 and would LOVE an upgrade. Are you saying we should call and ask?? We are booked through Dreams Unlimited so my TA there would have to call, right?

We are booked in a Royal Room March 26-31 and would LOVE an upgrade. Are you saying we should call and ask?? We are booked through Dreams Unlimited so my TA there would have to call, right?

OK we check in on March 10th. :scared1: Wonder if anyone will be calling us? I really do not care where I stay I just want to KNOW where I am staying. :rotfl:

All of this talk about queen beds is making me nervous. The queen beds with a queen request and a Garden View room (queen was in the description when we booked, but not now!) is how we booked it with our TA back in October. That really is a deal breaker for me and I would have gone elsewhere. On top of it, now I'm getting nervous that my 9 year old won't fit on the bed. And I just made the mistake of reading some reviews and some were just horrible about the tiny dirty trundles.

I think I'm just having a panic attack. But not sure what I should do to feel better. We travel late April. If I call my TA is there anyway now she can find out anything about guaranteeing queen beds?? I'm seriously thinking I made a mistake when we got booked into this just because our daughter is 9 it works for their computers, regardless on if she'll be comfortable or not.

Overreacting?? :confused3

Call you TA and have them note the request for a refurbished room in three different places on the reservation. As I understand it, there are three screens in a reservation for them to make that notation.

Then do not do the online check-in. When you arrive at the front desk, as early as possible on your check-in date, make the request again with the cast member.

I was told by a birdie, don't worry about calling. If they haven't called you. You are staying where you have booked. I would not worry no need to stress, I promise. I was told first hand through Disney admin, they are not taking incoming calls regarding this. If you are selected you would be called more than two weeks out, and they have been fedexing new luggage stickers and other Mickey mail to those being offered the upgrade.

All of this talk about queen beds is making me nervous. The queen beds with a queen request and a Garden View room (queen was in the description when we booked, but not now!) is how we booked it with our TA back in October. That really is a deal breaker for me and I would have gone elsewhere.

Please don't let it worry you, there are already 256 Alligator Bayou rooms completed with queen beds, and the rest will be done between April and August. Just make sure you have told them that Queen Beds are especially important to you, and get that annotated on your reservation notes.

90% of people probably didn't even notice the words "queen beds" in the first place, or booked via agents/etc who did not mention it, and so they won't care one way or the other - so it should be easy for the resort to allocate you an appropriate room as long as they know it's a particular concern to you (they are aware of the initial error in the room descriptions, so they are quite used to meeting the expectations of people who ask for them).

Andre

20 years ago today, the first section of the new Dixie Landings resort (the Alligator Bayou lodges) opened to the public. That hotel is now better known to us as Port Orleans Riverside of course.

Happy Birthday Port Orleans Riverside!

If you're there today, don't forget to pop along to the lobby early and pick your free birthday cake while it lasts.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter