Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

I am sending a room request fax for our arrival in a week. Once I have sent the fax, is it ok to do online checkin, or should I not?

I have the same request noted on my reservation when I called and made it. I would not specify any requests on the online check in.

Also, are they still testing the text straight to your room? That was really my motivation to do the online checkin.

The direct to room test is finished now.

I'd suggest doing the Online Checkin first, and then send your fax request.

Andre

Hi!

We are travelling to POR in September with a 2 and 5 year old. I am wondering what folks do at bedtime once they have put the little ones in bed?

I.e. do you hide in the bathroom with door closed or sit outside your door in the corridor, ect?

I am not sure that we will be ready for bed at 8pm or that the kids would fall asleep with us in the room with them!

Any suggestions about how you have managed this would be great!

Thank you!

Just sent my building request yesterday (our 5 day mark)! I can't wait to see where we are placed.

Thank you so much for having this thread. It is very helpful.

I think we can do online check in at 30 or 60 days, right? Should we still do that if we are intending on sending a fax at the 5 day mark? Thank you

Just got off the phone with the Room Manager today and this is first hand info from his lips to the post here. 5-7 days is average best time to send. If you arrive on either Sunday or Monday I would use 7 days out. But if you are arrving on any other day 5 days out is fine.

Just sent my building request yesterday (our 5 day mark)! I can't wait to see where we are placed.

Thank you so much for having this thread. It is very helpful.

No problem, I created it to be used for its tips and suggestions.

I think we can do online check in at 30 or 60 days, right? Should we still do that if we are intending on sending a fax at the 5 day mark? Thank you

Yeah you can still do online check in. That wont mess anything up.

Hi all! We will be checking in to POR for our WDW trip Sept. 16-21st! We are soooo very excited! I'm now doing some research regarding the room request fax. We have booked a Royal Room (standard view). I'm going to include in my request (that I'll send around 9/11) that we'd like a 1st floor room and a corner room, perhaps. I'd also like to be close(ish) to the food court.

Any experienced Royal Room guests here have any good room locations or suggestions for me to include in my letter? Like I mentioned, I really only want to focus on being on the 1st floor and closer to the food court. We'll have our 4year old daughter with us, so I'd like to minimize walking at the resort as much as possible!!

Thanks for ALL OF THE GREAT INFO posted here!! I enjoy reading the past posts!!

:goodvibes Adele

Hi all! We will be checking in to POR for our WDW trip Sept. 16-21st! We are soooo very excited! I'm now doing some research regarding the room request fax. We have booked a Royal Room (standard view). I'm going to include in my request (that I'll send around 9/11) that we'd like a 1st floor room and a corner room, perhaps. I'd also like to be close(ish) to the food court.

Any experienced Royal Room guests here have any good room locations or suggestions for me to include in my letter? Like I mentioned, I really only want to focus on being on the 1st floor and closer to the food court. We'll have our 4year old daughter with us, so I'd like to minimize walking at the resort as much as possible!!

Thanks for ALL OF THE GREAT INFO posted here!! I enjoy reading the past posts!!

:goodvibes Adele

Well that I am sure is possible to accommodate. But with a standard view you wouldn't be too close to the foot bridge that leads to the food court/main building. But that is not to be a rain cloud on your sunny day by any means. Both the Royal Buildings are not more than 3-5 minute walk at a leisurely pace. I made it in 40 secs running lol and dodging guests. All of what your asking is reasonable requests. I wouldn't go to far to list specific room numbers, that may be a little harder to achieve. But asking what you have asked and just keep it simple, address the requests you would like, mention anything you are celebrating, first visits, birthdays, anniversaries, etc and I am sure the magic will show. By all means use the fax thread I have to help you out in your process, and if you need any help feel free to message me or post in that thread also.

Hello! I am a long time lurker, first-time poster. We have a reservation for a pool view room at POFQ for 8/24-8/30. I will be faxing over my room request letter next Tuesday. I would like to request building 5, top floor, corner room but I am afraid it might seem like too many requests. Building 5 and top floor are most important to me. Should I take out my corner room request? Thank you for your kind help!! :goodvibes

Hello! I am a long time lurker, first-time poster. We have a reservation for a pool view room at POFQ for 8/24-8/30. I will be faxing over my room request letter next Tuesday. I would like to request building 5, top floor, corner room but I am afraid it might seem like too many requests. Building 5 and top floor are most important to me. Should I take out my corner room request? Thank you for your kind help!! :goodvibes

I actually think you will be ok with all of the requests you mentioned. Some actually try to go for specific room numbers. Now that is harder to achieve.

We got here first thing Monday morning and when they told us our room wasn't ready I wasn't surprised but our mansion room, 1st floor request was being met I didn't care. We had parks and ADRs. lol Only glitch was when we finally got back to the resort around 5 I still hadn't gotten a text. Checked at the desk, got our room number and off we went.
I consider our location perfect! Pool view in Magnolia Terr, exactly half way between the parking lot and main path. Best part, I consider it a little pixie dust is foot bridge to Ole Man Island is at the end of our corridor. And the East bus stop isn't too far either.

Thank you Venom for proofing my request letter. I really appreciated it.

Hello!
My SO and I will be staying at POR in 11 days! I have already done online check-in, but was thinking about possibly sending in a fax room request. It is just the two of us and as of right now, we have a Garden View room booked. Assuming that this means we will automatically get 2 queen beds, how would be go about requesting a king bed? Understandably, I am expecting a surcharge for the change, but that isn't something that can happen through fax.

I'm using the touringplans.com room viewer feature and when i choose 'Garden View-2 queen beds' the only buildings that light up are Magnolia Bend buildings 80 and 85, but when I choose 'Garden View- King bed' those 2 buildings light up along with about 8 Alligator Bayou buildings. :confused3

Would it be best to just wait until we get to the resort to see if we can manage to get into a King bed room? And should we try and get into one of the Magnolia Bend buildings or the Alligator Bayou buildings?

So many questions!! Thank you in advance though! The trip is quickly approaching and i'm getting antsy :yay: :cheer2: :jumping1:

We were in building 80 and was in good proximity to all including North Bus Depot

Thanks for your reply! Good to know.
In the end, I think that being closer to the buses and pools will be more important. But I was just kind of hoping to not have an extra unused bed in the room! (plus, who wouldn't want a bigger bed?!?!)
I suppose it never hurts to ask once we get there :earboy2:

Send your fax 5 days before arrival to make requests!
We did that and ALL requests honored!

Thank you ree for replying to them! I would still send the fax with your reservation number on it when you do. If you have an area you want to be in make sure you add that to the request fax.

I actually think you will be ok with all of the requests you mentioned. Some actually try to go for specific room numbers. Now that is harder to achieve.

Well actually, according to Andre's map at portorleans.org, there's only 2 rooms in building 5 that are top floor, corner and pool view. ;)

Well actually, according to Andre's map at portorleans.org, there's only 2 rooms in building 5 that are top floor, corner and pool view. ;)

This is true. But POFQ doesn't see the amount of requests POR does. I don't think POFQ guests know about room request faxes as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter