Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

We are staying at POR in late October 2014 party of five. Three adults and two children 6&9. We had to pay for a pool view this being the only rooms left with our pin codes ( free dinning starting Oct 19). What are some special request recommend as far as room location goes and upgrades for a party of five?

A party of five will be assigned to Alligator Bayou for the murphy bed, so not mansions or Royal Rooms.

I suggested in another thread that requesting building 18 would be a good choice, as there are six Pool View rooms there which are all very nicely located for access to main areas and buses.

Andre

If you notice they say rooms. Maybe a mistake I don't know. If they are staying in one room then I agree with you.

If you notice they say rooms.

LOL, that's a stretch... They say "pay for a pool view", as those were the only room types available under the PIN code - i.e. I read it as many rooms available, but they only booked one of them.

Andre

LOL, that's a stretch... They say "pay a pool view", as those were the only rooms available under the PIN code - i.e. I read it as many rooms available, but they only booked one of them.

Andre

No worries I saw this, "the only rooms left". Its early here. Well 9am but earlier than I want to be moving around.

Well this thread is just to try and request to be near certain areas, pools, river, gardens, etc. Also not near parking lots etc, or to be as close as possible to main building amenities. Details like that. It isn't to get "Free" upgrades, even though it tends to happen by the way of a little pixie dust thanks to a CM here, cough cough, and an awesome Management team at POR. As to room location options, well with your groups ages, you have open possibilities to location on the resort. If you didn't pay for Royal Guest Themed rooms then you can be most likely in the mansions and or if they want to assign you to Alligator Bayou, you could be there also. But, unlikely as they save that usually for groups of 5 in one room. If I were to suggest some requests I would need to know more about if you have a regular room or royal, or if you have preferred. Let me know and Ill see what to suggest.
We have a party of five and I paid for a pool view. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

We have a party of five and I paid for a pool view. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

I would just keep the requests simple and ask for building 16 or 17. Those are two of the closest buildings to the main building without being preferred. You would be close to a quiet pool, close to laundry should you need to do any, and only a 2-3 minute walk at a leisurely pace to the main building.

If you have any other requests include those as well.

subbing.. Can't wait for our 2 week stay at POFQ next summer!:cool1:

Venomhatch- Thanks for all the great info!! Do you know if all of the rooms at POFQ are the same size? From some of the pictures I've seen, it seems like some of the rooms are slightly larger (not talking about King rooms.) Maybe it was just the way the pictures are displayed.

subbing.. Can't wait for our 2 week stay at POFQ next summer!:cool1:

Venomhatch- Thanks for all the great info!! Do you know if all of the rooms at POFQ are the same size? From some of the pictures I've seen, it seems like some of the rooms are slightly larger (not talking about King rooms.) Maybe it was just the way the pictures are displayed.

The only differences I've noticed is on the handicapped rooms the door is flush with the main wall instead of a pushed in entry. Also some in room differences obviously. But with the door flush with the main window wall it allows for a little more room in them.

As you can see in the first and second pic the door way is different than the doorways near them.

(All Images below are the property of www.PortOrleans.org.)
PO.org-Guest-Sears-P1080503_large.jpg

PO.org-Guest-Sears-P1080507_large.jpg

PO.org-Guest-Sears-P1080496_large.jpg

POR-Room-MBrefurb-85xxA-2011-3540_large.jpg

PO.org-Guest-Sears-P1080494_large.jpg

I have a one night stay coming in November at POR Riverside... I was wondering if it was easy to get an Aligator Bayou room on request?

Thanks in advance.

I have a one night stay coming in November at POR Riverside... I was wondering if it was easy to get an Aligator Bayou room on request?

Thanks in advance.

It is possible yes. I would put that and any other requests you may have into your request letter for faxing.

Thanks Venonhatch for the pictures! Yes, I was looking at the interior of an accessible room. Had I seen a pic of the bathroom, I would have figured that out! Thanks so much!

Thank you. Are you aware if it is possible to request it during online check-in as well?

You can but I don't remember if there is a notes area for that. If there isn't then you could always use the fax template.

Thanks Venomhatch for the pictures! Yes, I was looking at the interior of an accessible room. Had I seen a pic of the bathroom, I would have figured that out! Thanks so much!

No problem!

Hi all!
We are counting the days till we arrive 8/12 staying in royal rooms POR my question is what are the preferred rooms in the royal mansions so that we can maybe experience extra magic in our stay. Also is there Wifi available in resort?
Thank you

Hi all!
We are counting the days till we arrive 8/12 staying in royal rooms POR my question is what are the preferred rooms in the royal mansions so that we can maybe experience extra magic in our stay. Also is there Wifi available in resort?
Thank you

There are no preferred rooms in the royal rooms; all the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section. There is Wi-fi available.

There are no preferred rooms in the royal rooms; all the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section. There is Wi-fi available.

The 'next best' option to a Preferred Location, but staying within the Royal rooms area, would be a Pool View Royal Room, as those are all located very close to the footbridge which leads over to the main buildings, bus stop, etc. River View Royal Rooms also have some great locations, but also some that are a bit of a walk from the main areas (although still very nice views).

Andre

Do you just fax the request sheet or do you include a cover sheet?

Awesome thank you for the tip . I will send a fax with a request for something near pool area my daughter will especially love this

Do you just fax the request sheet or do you include a cover sheet?

I usually do a cover sheet also. On it the usual stuff but adding, "Attention Room Assignment Team", how many pages, contact info, reservation number (s) if you have more than one, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter