Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

I think you can do online checkin for multiple rooms, as long as you have all the reservation numbers connected to your My Disney Experience account.

For Magic Bands and FastPass+, I believe each guest needs to have their own account set up in MDX - although all the others can authorise one person to do all the bookings for them.

However things can change quite a lot during testing, so probably best to ask in the main thread on this subject: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106339

Andre

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. GrammyJudy

GrammyJudy DIS Veteran

I got the magic bands ordered last night. I am the person authorized on all the names. Can not do fastpasses yet and we are at63 days so will try online when it gets to 60 days. But do you think we will get our requests by doing online or should we wait and do there????? I am so excited:cheer2:

4. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Andre:
    Any update on the fridge replacements? I did check the first page and the last update was Sept. 4th.

Hoping they will all be replaced when we check in in 22 days!!!

5. E-P-C-O-T

E-P-C-O-T DIS Veteran

My Magic Bands just shipped! My Magic Bands just shipped! lol :cool1:

Just got an email from Disney saying that our MB just shipped, thought I would share my excitement! :hyper:

We are checking in on Oct 24

6. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

At the airport now!!! Will be checking into POFQ soon!!! :cool1:

7. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

woohoo! Anxiously waiting with baited breath :)

8. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Andre: Any idea when the October recreation activity and movie schedule will be released for POFQ?

Thanks!

9. robinbutterfly

robinbutterfly DIS Veteran

On the day of the MVMCP, we are going to relax at the pool. We are going to need lunch though. Most of my group is food snobs... Are we going to be able to find something decent at PORFQ or should we take the boat to DTD?

10. chuckinthechat

chuckinthechat Mouseketeer

POFQ only has the quick service, but still it is good. Regardless of what you decide I still recommend taking the boat to DTD as much as you can!

11. robinbutterfly

I wish I could... But when do people make time for DTD??

12. GrammyJudy

GrammyJudy DIS Veteran

You can get the menu for the food court on Allears.net. But there are good alternatives at dtd just depends on if you want to leave the pool for a couple of hours.

13. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana Dreams do come true!

A lot of guests prefer the food court over at Riverside - a very pleasant and easy walk. Maybe take a look at the menus on www.portorleans.org or www.allears.net.

While going to DTD is always nice, it will take longer out of your pool time. :thumbsup2

14. GrammyJudy

GrammyJudy DIS Veteran

WE are planning on going the evening we do animal kingdom since that closes early. We may also go on check in day as the kids will be tired from early flight and we have an early res at chef mickeys for dinner.

15. robinbutterfly

I like their menu better too. Has anyone ever tried the salads? Are they fresh? This is our first time at a moderate... So we aren't sure what to expect!

16. Minnie&Nana

I usually stay deluxe so understand your wondering....but have had a few stays at mods and even POP and have been fine at both POR and FQ food courts - everything is made fresh to order. My friends love the POR offerings and I remember one who especially liked the salads...but do not remember which ones...sorry.

Maybe post the question on the POR unofficial thread?

17. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

This works for us too

Also, as we arrive only in the afternoon at MCO and get to POFQ about 6 in the evening on arrival day, DTD makes a perfect evening for us for a nice dinner, a bit of shopping and getting us in the Disney mood and doesn't 'waste' a day's park pass.

18. wendy1974

wendy1974 DIS Veteran

When you found the dirty towel why didn't you just have them clean the room? Seems like it wild have been much simpler than moving over a dirty washcloth.

19. BlueGiraffe

BlueGiraffe DIS Veteran

Logged onto MDE via the website tonight and, yaaay, our tickets are now showing up!! And our DME reservation too. Wahooo.

They're not showing up on my phone app though.

20. Minnie&Nana

:cool1: pixiedust: :woohoo:

21. daveymc

daveymc Earning My Ears

We plan on doing the same, lazy morning, late lunch at Raglan Road DTD at 2pm then MVMCP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.