• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is anyone planning on going to Elliot Dyson's last night at Scat Cat's Club tonight? I really do hope this is only "au revoir" rather than goodbye, and that Disney do the right thing and bring him back after the lobby refurb.

Andre

Andre..Is he gone for good? Does anyone know? I would be so sad as we adored him. It was wonderful to have live music at night and not have to go to POR...

Hopefully someone knows the answer! Thanks and "Hey Andre" :wave2: we are heading back again this Sept. for free dining!

Andre..Is he gone for good? Does anyone know?

Elliot has been telling everyone that Disney have let him go, and that last Saturday was his final night at Port Orleans (his original contract was until October).

However people in Port Orleans management are still saying that the WDW Entertainment division are still reviewing what live music options will be offered at POFQ after the lobby refurb is complete, and that asking Elliot to return is definitely one possibility. All of which sounds like a "Disney Maybe" to me, and we all know how those work...

I really do hope he returns to Scat Cat's, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

Andre

I really do hope he returns to Scat Cat's, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

Andre

I am REALLY sorry to hear that!! That was one of the perks of staying at POFQ for us! Oh well hopefully by Sept. they will have something in place :confused3

I am REALLY sorry to hear that!! That was one of the perks of staying at POFQ for us! Oh well hopefully by Sept. they will have something in place :confused3

Make sure they are aware of your feelings, either via Disney's guest communications email address or direct to resort management (or both). It'd be a shame if nothing happened simply because they thought no one cared.

Andre

1. Subscribing!

2. Planning an adult-only trip for me and my bf. He's paying, I'm planning. (Don't be too jealous...:lmao: ) He said we could even stay at the Poly...I balked at the cost...and then I 'stumbled' on POFQ. I think I've been converted!!

3. We're going to be making plans on very short notice. In a perfect world, we could have booked already...but what with one thing and another, it's going to be a rather sudden excursion. As in, we don't know what dates we're staying YET all we know is WE ARE GOING.

4. I want a King Bed room. Anyone know if those also come in corner rooms? Is it worth even asking for that at pre-check-in fax time?

5. Average transport time to Epcot is...? Is it worth driving our own vehicle, or is the resort bus going to be acceptable?

6. I've been to WDW many, many times. My mother is actually there right now (she's a DIS'er...mecllap...active in other threads). We are DVC owners at SSR. However, this will be my bf's First Time Ever. Any suggestions on how to make it super magical for him??

thanks, y'all!

4. I want a King Bed room. Anyone know if those also come in corner rooms? Is it worth even asking for that at pre-check-in fax time?

5. Average transport time to Epcot is...? Is it worth driving our own vehicle, or is the resort bus going to be acceptable?

Welcome to our little thread!

All of the King Bed rooms at POFQ also happen to be corner rooms. Result!

The bus to EPCOT takes about 10 mins. Driving is really easy too, as the parking lots are all pretty-much in walking distance to the entrance - it's the one park where I rarely bother with the parking lot tram. I usually tend to drive to Epcot, but then I don't drink...

For lots of other tips, see the FAQ in the first post or visit www.portorleans.org.

Andre

Just booked our 1st stay at POFQ!!!!! I have a lot reading to do tonight on this thread. We are going Sept 14-20 with FD. Does anyone know how long refurbishments are going on and is it just the lobby?

You have to book through AAA to get a AAA package discount. If you book room only with Disney you can use AAA. Once you add tickets it becomes a package. I was on the phone booking Monday with this same question.

If it works like a regular Disney room discount, they will apply the room only discount at the AAA rate, then add tickets and dining to make it a package at the discounted rate. You may have to call back and get a different phone agent.

I don't know the intricacies of AAA discounts/packages, but I had a question about a PIN yesterday and got the wrong answer from an agent (which I knew to be wrong), waited an hour and called back and got someone else who was awesome and fixed me right up.

Wouldn't hurt to call again and try.

Just booked our 1st stay at POFQ!!!!! I have a lot reading to do tonight on this thread. We are going Sept 14-20 with FD. Does anyone know how long refurbishments are going on and is it just the lobby?

Check post #2159.

Check post #2159.

As this seems to be becoming a common worry for some reason, in order to avoid mass hysteria and panic :) I've just added the following to the FAQ in the first post:

Registration Lobby Refurbishment, May-July 2013

The Port Orleans French Quarter check-in lobby will be undergoing refurbishment starting from Monday 13 May 2013. Work should be completed by mid-July but please remember that schedules can always shift a little. Firmer details on the estimated completion date should be available in June.

During the period while the current lobby area is closed, all checkin and guest service functions will take place at the old Bonfamille's Café restaurant, just across the central atrium next to Scat Cat's Club - so when you enter the main atrium, you'll need to turn left rather than right. No other areas of the resort should be affected.

Andre

They've started with some renovations early here in building 3. Starting this week, we've been woken up by what sounds like jackhammers and saws tearing through the building, nearly shaking the walls. We have to talk loudly to each other to hear. They have some scaffolding up and by about 9am, are just making as much noise as possible.

I did ask that we were booked in a close building upon check-in, and this is quite close, but there was no mention of upcoming/ongoing construction.

I know most people are on their way to parks by 9, but we never are.

Im not typically one to complain, but this is really bad.

Did this get resolved for you? Did you ever find out what they were working on since renovation to any of the buildings was not in the schedule?

Okay so I may have a new spin to my stay and if so then we might be eating breakfast in the Food Court. Something I have never done at POFQ.

I currently can't eat eggs, and I don't like or eat pancakes, waffles or french toast.

Toast or bagel with a protein (pb or ham/bacon) usually, but I thought if they had a halfway decent biscuit and gravy combo that I would try it.

Has anyone had the biscuits and gravy?

I'm from the midwest if that helps anyone decide my level of 'good'.

Okay so I may have a new spin to my stay and if so then we might be eating breakfast in the Food Court. Something I have never done at POFQ.

I currently can't eat eggs, and I don't like or eat pancakes, waffles or french toast.

Toast or bagel with a protein (pb or ham/bacon) usually, but I thought if they had a halfway decent biscuit and gravy combo that I would try it.

Has anyone had the biscuits and gravy?

I'm from the midwest if that helps anyone decide my level of 'good'.

The biscuits and gravy are ok, not great, but not awful either. I was able to get them with a dining plan snack credit, and then another time it wasn't allowed so paid OOP, it depends on the CM, I guess.

Hi new here! Staying POFQ about August 22-29. We are planning on going for a river view room. Any suggestions on room reccomendations?

I may get slammed for this but I'm going out on a limb anyway.

2. Planning an adult-only trip for me and my bf. He's paying, I'm planning. (Don't be too jealous...:lmao: ) He said we could even stay at the Poly...I balked at the cost...and then I 'stumbled' on POFQ. I think I've been converted!!

3. We're going to be making plans on very short notice. In a perfect world, we could have booked already...but what with one thing and another, it's going to be a rather sudden excursion. As in, we don't know what dates we're staying YET all we know is WE ARE GOING.

However, this will be my bf's First Time Ever. Any suggestions on how to make it super magical for him??

thanks, y'all!

If he's paying and he's mentioned wanting and being willing to pay for the Poly--STAY THERE!! :cool1:

Seriously. I love POFQ, and I've stayed there twice, but it's not the Poly (I've stayed there once) by a long stretch.

You will have a wonderful time at the Poly--very romantic, beautiful, and just magical. Easy transportation--you can walk to TTC and take the monorail to Epcot.
Again, POFQ is a great mod. I'd go again tomorrow. But it's not the Poly.

Getting excited --- less than a month to go to our family end of school year unwind beginning of summer ramp up the fun stay at POFQ! Which end of the square is the screen for the outside movies? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter