Port arrival time experiences?????

Once I arrived at the port around 11AM and my port boarding time was 1PM. During check in I explained to the person at the counter that it would be great if I can board sooner rather than later. He grabbed a supervisor and they gave me the first boarding time.

It constantly amazes me that people are in such a hurry, particularly on seven night cruises. You will surely have lots of time on the ship????
We are taking DCL transfers from WDW and are looking forward to having a leisurely breakfast, boarding the bus and getting to the port when it is quieter and most have the crowds have gone. Can't get into the stateroom until later anyhow. Rushing about is just not on the agenda for this portion of our trip!!!;)

Some people enjoy a leisurely and relaxed vacation, but others, me included are very excited about starting the trip and don't want to miss anything. :banana::banana: My dh says I'm like a shark, always moving, on the prowl, and he's like a flounder, happy to just be still. Might have something to do with type A personalities too.

Some people enjoy a leisurely and relaxed vacation, but others, me included are very excited about starting the trip and don't want to miss anything. :banana::banana: My dh says I'm like a shark, always moving, on the prowl, and he's like a flounder, happy to just be still. Might have something to do with type A personalities too.

I agree. We are paying ALOT of money to be ON this ship! I want as much time as possible and yes, I plan to book Mixology and do a couple other things immediately upon boarding. Does not matter to me if our room is not yet ready, that's not why I want to get on early.

I agree! I don't have a problem getting somewhere by 11:00 - it doesn't feel rushed to me. At home I have to get 3 kids to 3 different places and myself to work by 8:00, so all of us getting to the same place by 10:30 or 11:00 is a breeze.

As for getting our PAT, I did online check in at 11pm central and was able to get 11:00 PAT. My family did their online check in 2 or 3 days later and were also able to get the same time. At the port, we were checking in side by side with our family. We were in group 3 to board, and they were in group 6. We starting checking in at the same time, but we finished up before they did by a couple minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter