Port Adventures Cancellation ?

Mickey4me!

Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!
The email confirmation for our reserved activities states Cancellations may be made up to 3 days prior to cruise departure date. So am I correct in my thinking that if our cruise leaves on a Sunday I have until the END of Thursday to cancel for a full refund? TIA for your help.

Three full days up to midnight pre cruise. Yours will lock on Wednesday, I looked at mine the day after 3 days and it was locked.

The email confirmation for our reserved activities states Cancellations may be made up to 3 days prior to cruise departure date. So am I correct in my thinking that if our cruise leaves on a Sunday I have until the END of Thursday to cancel for a full refund? TIA for your help.
I think the cancellation must be made by the time the 3rd day prior to the cruise begins. For a Sunday departure - day 1 is Saturday; day 2 is Friday; and day 3 is Thursday. Cancellations must be done "up to 3 days prior". If you cancel on Thursday it's only 2 days prior to the cruise.

Anyway, that's how I count it.

Thanks! That's what I wasn't sure of. We are doing B2B and will be cruising on the Wed prior. I'm hoping I can, if necessary, cancel on board during cruise 1 for cruise 2. Anyone think that will be an issue? If so, I'll just have to use some WiFi time to log on and cancel.

Thanks! That's what I wasn't sure of. We are doing B2B and will be cruising on the Wed prior. I'm hoping I can, if necessary, cancel on board during cruise 1 for cruise 2. Anyone think that will be an issue? If so, I'll just have to use some WiFi time to log on and cancel.
As long as you do it on Wednesday, you'll be fine. No need to log on to cancel.

What happens to last minute cancellations? Like, it's the night before or the morning of, and someone is too sick to go on the excursion?

What happens to last minute cancellations? Like, it's the night before or the morning of, and someone is too sick to go on the excursion?
It depends. If there's a waiting list for a particular excursion, they may be able to fill the spot and you won't be charged for the excursion. If DCL is feeling generous, even without a waiting list, they MAY not charge if you get a note from the ship's doctor stating that you're too ill to go on the excursionto turn in with your unused excursion ticket .

Generally, there are no refunds on excursions cancelled after that 3 days prior to cruise deadline.

It depends. If there's a waiting list for a particular excursion, they may be able to fill the spot and you won't be charged for the excursion. If DCL is feeling generous, even without a waiting list, they MAY not charge if you get a note from the ship's doctor stating that you're too ill to go on the excursionto turn in with your unused excursion ticket .

Generally, there are no refunds on excursions cancelled after that 3 days prior to cruise deadline.

I'd imagine seeing the doctor to get a note in the first place wouldn't be cheap...

Anyway, hopefully it won't be an issue. We have a port intensive trip in a few months, so I was just kind of wondering.

Thanks!

I'd imagine seeing the doctor to get a note in the first place wouldn't be cheap...

Anyway, hopefully it won't be an issue. We have a port intensive trip in a few months, so I was just kind of wondering.

Thanks!

Agree..

Ship doctor consultation starts at $149, thats to see him/her. Before any treatment. Higher than the cost of some DCL tours.

Trip insurance is advisable. If 'too ill' you claim on that not expect DCL to be generous.

Rules are within 3 days there booked and the rulebook says no refund.

Agree..

Ship doctor consultation starts at $149, thats to see him/her. Before any treatment. Higher than the cost of some DCL tours.

:scared1: Yipes!

Trip insurance is advisable. If 'too ill' you claim on that not expect DCL to be generous.

:scratchin Didn't really occur to me it might be possible to claim something like on trip insurance. We're getting it for sure for this trip, but haven't chosen it yet.

Rules are within 3 days there booked and the rulebook says no refund.

:boat:

DCL completely refunded my wife's excursion when she was quarantined due to tummy trouble (food poisoning during an excursion)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter