POR - just booked! First time on site!

That can depend on the restaurant. For example T-Rex is not owned by Disney so they only provide disney with a number of reservations. I was able to get one through the restaurant when nothing was available online.

We're on the dining plan so I think the only DD restaurant on that is Cap'n Jacks. Can anyone confirm this for me?

cheryterese said:
We're on the dining plan so I think the only DD restaurant on that is Cap'n Jacks. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Look at the list of restaurants for 2012 dining plan and book anything listed. Contracts for 2013 are not complete yet so not all of next years restraints for DDP are listed yet...for example Rain Forest Cafe and T-Rex. Contract update usually happens in Dec but Jan 1st at the latest. If for some reason a restaurant you booked doesn't resign just cancel and chose another but it's very rare for a restaurant to drop the DDP.

I can't wait to see it, and even though it will be February we'll be swimming every day if the kids have anything to do with it!

I made 4 of our 6 table service ADR's today - Biergarten dinner, 1900 Park Fare character dinner, Akershus princess dinner and Tusker House character lunch. I'm having a problem filling the other 2 with somewhere we'd really like to eat. Be Our Guest is booked, as to be expected, as was Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana. Any suggestions for the other 2? My kids are 7 (boy), 5(girl) and 4(boy).

How about one of the character breakfasts like at Crystal Palace, Ohana, or Cape May? Teppan Edo at Epcot sounds fun and so does Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge -- those 2 are on my 'wanna try someday' list.

We will be at POR next week (all 15 of us!!) - and I am hoping it is as good as everyone here says!

We're staying at POR in Oct. DD will be 5 and DS 7. In addition to your ADRs, check out some other resort restaurants like Jiko (AKL) and then meander around the resort after, or consider having a large breakfast/early morning ADR at Crystal Palace to get in the park before opening (we're planning to do this with Askerhaus too and hitting Epcot WS before opening). Garden Grill in Epcot also has characters, and Teppon Edo sounds like it would be fun for kids that age too. happy planning, would love to hear how it goes! :)

Focusdude said:
We will be at POR next week (all 15 of us!!) - and I am hoping it is as good as everyone here says!

Good friends just returned and were in Magnolia Bend using the bus at the North Depot. They said the bus service was terrible and was way better at Pop. Do yourself a favour and if you have trouble with the buses being full when they get to your stop, head to the lobby or somewhere else to catch the bus earlier. They waited 50 minutes for a bus on three separate occasions. They just didn't think to go to a different stop each morning. We had trouble with the buses at the Contemporary the last time we were there, so I don't know if there are problems with the bus system now or if it is a coincidence. They also had a problem with the Magical Express this morning, which didn't show to pick them up and then they were told to take a cab to the airport. I am quite disappointed in Disney Magic at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter