POR - just booked! First time on site!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cheryterese, Nov 16, 2012.

1. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Just booked a stay/play/dine package at POR for February. First time on site with the kids!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dmdelight

dmdelight Mouseketeer

that's great!

hope you all have a magical time.

i love am emh when we stay onsite- por is lovely :cool1:

4. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

Have a great Trip. don't forget the boat to DTD and wolf gang puck express is a great CS choice.

Kae

5. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Good idea! First time with dining plan too!

6. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

So Exciting! Have a Magical Trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

Enjoy; POR is one of our Favorites... :thumbsup2

8. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Have fun!

9. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

Very cool, we were there in January. It was our first stay at the resort and we had a great stay. If you can swing it I recommend taking the carriage ride. DW and I did it and we had a nice time.

10. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

Staying at POR is like having a little slice of Heaven here on Earth. You will LOVE it there! Enjoy! :dance3:

11. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Congrats! POR is our fav moderate resort. Be sure to take some time to stroll around and enjoy the beautiful landscaping.
    Bob Jackson puts on a fun show in the lounge. All ages love it. The Make your own pasta in the food court is a big hit with us.
    Have you made all your ADRs yet?

12. nanalisa

nanalisa DIS Veteran

You will love it there. Are you staying in mansions or bayou? We always stayed in bayou but last year we stayed in the mansions to get the refurbed rooms and now we like both! Have a great time.

13. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

Super exciting! We also have our first family trip to disney at POR February!!! Can't wait.

14. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see it, and even though it will be February we'll be swimming every day if the kids have anything to do with it!

I made 4 of our 6 table service ADR's today - Biergarten dinner, 1900 Park Fare character dinner, Akershus princess dinner and Tusker House character lunch. I'm having a problem filling the other 2 with somewhere we'd really like to eat. Be Our Guest is booked, as to be expected, as was Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana. Any suggestions for the other 2? My kids are 7 (boy), 5(girl) and 4(boy).

15. schoonersky

schoonersky Mouseketeer

Yay!! POR was our first on site resort too!! Love all the things mentioned, and the kids loved being able to swim in the pool at Riverside AND at French Quarter. I have not come across the make your own pasta anywhere else that compares to the counter service at POR! Have fun!

16. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Oooo - didn't realize we could us both pools! Will have to check out that make your own pasta too!

17. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

We will be at POR in February also. We love it there! As for your ADR's keep trying. I managed to snag an O'hana finally and am hoping fate will smile for Be Our Guest. Have a wonderful trip.

18. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Thanks! You too!! :)

19. lilpig

lilpig Mouseketeer

We were at POR in March and LOVED IT!!! It was like a vacation in a vacation. I agree keep trying for the ADR's , also I dont know if you are calling for help with the ADR's but try that.

20. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Do you think I'd have better luck with the reservation phone line? I've just been checking online.

21. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

That can depend on the restaurant. For example T-Rex is not owned by Disney so they only provide disney with a number of reservations. I was able to get one through the restaurant when nothing was available online.