POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluezy said:
You could create a meal out of the "grab and go" foods and use the items as late night snacks or food to eat while driving home (or if you're flying, I've heard people say they eat the food on the way to the airport or at the airport). When we used the QSDP a few years ago (it was free and that was a bigger $$ savings for us than a room discount) we knew we were going to have a few extra meal credits so my husband found out he could get a Sushi tray (out of the cooler) as the main part of a meal so he'd grab one of those (along with a side, dessert, and drink) to eat as a snack later at night. We were also able to do the same thing with a sandwiches and salads in the coolers. That was our trip in 2011, so I'm not sure what's in the grab & go area now, but that might be an option if you can't substitute actual snacks -- just be creative with the elements of the meal.

FWIW, when we were down this past June, my son and his girlfriend did the meal plan and they worked hard to make sure they used all of their credits (and realized by day 2 of 7 that they were going to have way too much food every day). When we had our last meal the night before we were leaving, the cashier noticed that they had managed to use all of their credits and she drew a big smiley face on their receipt, wrote "congratulations", and gave them a Mickey Mouse sticker to reward them. She said it's rare that people actually use all of their credits.

We went during F&W festival and used most of our snack credits there. If we didn't we would have come home with a lot of snacks. You get so much food, even with the QSDP, thay you really don't use the snack credits. The few that we did have left over I used for the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats. I put them in my kids lunches for school.

We changed to POP from POFQ for our 2/27-3/2 trip :cool1: We did the S/P/D offer, and I couldn't justify TS for such a short trip. We are celebrating our DD's 4th birthday which was 12/21 this was her birthday gift. Then when I booked I spaced off that is was mine and Dh's wedding anniversary 3/1. How do I get DD a birthday pin?? Also is their a certain decade better than others for location? My DH wants 80's and I want 50's. This is my 8th visit to Disney and my 1st time staying on site :banana:

aubreysmom09 said:
We changed to POP from POFQ for our 2/27-3/2 trip :cool1: We did the S/P/D offer, and I couldn't justify TS for such a short trip. We are celebrating our DD's 4th birthday which was 12/21 this was her birthday gift. Then when I booked I spaced off that is was mine and Dh's wedding anniversary 3/1. How do I get DD a birthday pin?? Also is their a certain decade better than others for location? My DH wants 80's and I want 50's. This is my 8th visit to Disney and my 1st time staying on site :banana:

You can get your daughter a bday pin at MK just as you go under the train station. Theres a CM there with a cart full of pins. You might be able to get one at POP too. Ask a CM at the front desk. We were there in 2012 for my sons bday. He wore a bday pin too. EVERY CM we came across wished him a happy birthday. Even the ones in the parades. We were at the store after Mission Space and a CM there handed my son the phone and told him Goofy was on the phone and was looking for him all day to wish him a happy bday. I swear my eyes were wet more than dry that entire week. They are awesome! As far as decaded at POP....we stayed in the 80's section this past October and it was great. I know a lot of people on here like the 50's and 60's section too.

aubreysmom09 said:

CMs at the front desk, concierge and even in the gift shop at POP can personalize a Birthday pin for your DD.

Personally my favorite section of POP is the 50's!! I don't care for the 80's / 90's sections. I feel that they are to far away from everything. I spent 38 nights at POP last year...26 of them in the 50's section! Loved it!!! :)

CMs at the front desk, concierge and even in the gift shop at POP can personalize a Birthday pin for your DD.

Personally my favorite section of POP is the 50's!! I don't care for the 80's / 90's sections. I feel that they are to far away from everything. I spent 38 nights at POP last year...26 of them in the 50's section! Loved it!!! :)

Thanks for the info!! I have no idea how far anything is. I think if I can I am going to change my request to the 50's area :thumbsup2

You're son sounds like a sweetie. I know what you mean about the depression. You know what the only cure is: start planning your next trip!:yay:

Thanks! Yes he is a sweetie - he turned 6 today! He's been Disney-spoiled...this past trip in December was his 11th! It's so funny to hear him talk about different resorts. Of course he usually refers to them by some feature he remembers - like the shape of a pool, or what they had in the food court! We hadn't stayed at Pop in a while, and he really enjoyed it. We had such a great time with the dry erase boards - loved reading other guests' comments when we came back each night. Another idea I got from the Dis! And yes, totally agree about planning the next trip! Bad part is - our APs run out this week so next trip will cost a lot more! Better start saving.

Anyone have the January outdoor movie schedule yet? Will be getting there on the 25th! :cool1:

Have all the rooms received fridges now?

Going back to Pop mid-February for 6 days as part of a longer trip (couldn't get into Pop at all 3rd-7th so we're forced to ASMu :( ) I'm so excited, it genuinely feels like going home!

Just booked an end of Feb. trip with DD and sister :cool1:. I really thought I wasn't going to get down there this winter. I'm feeling so relieved! I truly love all the Disney resorts and probably love AKL the most. Still, I have to say, there's something about POP that just gets me feeling all excited and in a Disney mood! All those bright colors and tall palm trees alone are enough to put me in a great mood. And the music. And the great CM's. And the store. I am also digging the proximity of AoA. Last year, DS and I were able to spend some time over there - it makes me feel like I have the best of two worlds. So much fun!

Has anyone used a twin sized air mattress at pop? Trying to decide if that will work vs upgrade to POR for our next trip. I'm afraid my kids might be too big to share a double bed.

So, this is my first time back on the Dis since returning from our Pop stay Dec 12-18. Had such a great time - love the Holiday season! DS5 has mentioned several times since being back how much he misses Pop Century. I would tease him when we first got back by asking him if he could run down to the food court and get me a snack, or ask him if he wanted to go down to the pool - he would laugh and tell me we weren't at the hotel any more! At least I had the holidays to take my mind off of that depressed feeling of our vacation being over. But now, it's setting in - I want to go back! Hope everyone there now is having as magical a time as we did! :santa:

My kids talk about it too. My DS6 keeps asking "When can we stay at Pop Century again?" There's been no questions about Disney, just Pop! :)

Anyone here now want 6 bottles f water and a 4 pack of vanilla pudding? We leave tomorrow 90's section room 8160 near the parking lot

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just booked (finally!!!!) for Pop May 3-10. Have a few dining reservations (we will mostly do CS meals). Can't wait! :cool1:

Yes I did. The discount saved me about $228.00. Not the free dining that I usually get in Sept but I will take it. It will pay for a few meals.

We're going back to POP for one night before our cruise! I am so excited, it's silly! DH has never stayed on site before, so I'm hoping he'll love it. When we were looking for a hotel to stay in, DD requested we stay at POP. At first the cost difference between that and an airport hotel, but after making some phone calls and crunching the numbers, DH has decided he would rather leave everything up to Disney, and get in the Disney atmosphere from the very first day of our vacation. I logged on here tonight to find out that there is RO discount, so now I feel it's kismet!

Yes, I bought an Aerobed at Target and have used it for at least 3 stays at Pop. I like it b/c it has a built-in pump and deflates easily. A great investment!

Does anyone know if there are only certain room types at the POP available with the Disney Visa offer? If so, was preferred pool view included? Thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter