POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

We went during F&W festival and used most of our snack credits there. If we didn't we would have come home with a lot of snacks. You get so much food, even with the QSDP, thay you really don't use the snack credits. The few that we did have left over I used for the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats. I put them in my kids lunches for school.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aubreysmom09

aubreysmom09 Mouseketeer

We changed to POP from POFQ for our 2/27-3/2 trip :cool1: We did the S/P/D offer, and I couldn't justify TS for such a short trip. We are celebrating our DD's 4th birthday which was 12/21 this was her birthday gift. Then when I booked I spaced off that is was mine and Dh's wedding anniversary 3/1. How do I get DD a birthday pin?? Also is their a certain decade better than others for location? My DH wants 80's and I want 50's. This is my 8th visit to Disney and my 1st time staying on site :banana:

4. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

You can get your daughter a bday pin at MK just as you go under the train station. Theres a CM there with a cart full of pins. You might be able to get one at POP too. Ask a CM at the front desk. We were there in 2012 for my sons bday. He wore a bday pin too. EVERY CM we came across wished him a happy birthday. Even the ones in the parades. We were at the store after Mission Space and a CM there handed my son the phone and told him Goofy was on the phone and was looking for him all day to wish him a happy bday. I swear my eyes were wet more than dry that entire week. They are awesome! As far as decaded at POP....we stayed in the 80's section this past October and it was great. I know a lot of people on here like the 50's and 60's section too.

5. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

CMs at the front desk, concierge and even in the gift shop at POP can personalize a Birthday pin for your DD.

Personally my favorite section of POP is the 50's!! I don't care for the 80's / 90's sections. I feel that they are to far away from everything. I spent 38 nights at POP last year...26 of them in the 50's section! Loved it!!! :)

6. aubreysmom09

aubreysmom09 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!! I have no idea how far anything is. I think if I can I am going to change my request to the 50's area :thumbsup2

7. dsnymomof4

dsnymomof4 DIS Veteran

Thanks! Yes he is a sweetie - he turned 6 today! He's been Disney-spoiled...this past trip in December was his 11th! It's so funny to hear him talk about different resorts. Of course he usually refers to them by some feature he remembers - like the shape of a pool, or what they had in the food court! We hadn't stayed at Pop in a while, and he really enjoyed it. We had such a great time with the dry erase boards - loved reading other guests' comments when we came back each night. Another idea I got from the Dis! And yes, totally agree about planning the next trip! Bad part is - our APs run out this week so next trip will cost a lot more! Better start saving.

8. Capt_Jack_Sparrow

Capt_Jack_Sparrow Earning My Ears

Anyone have the January outdoor movie schedule yet? Will be getting there on the 25th! :cool1:

Have all the rooms received fridges now?

9. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

Going back to Pop mid-February for 6 days as part of a longer trip (couldn't get into Pop at all 3rd-7th so we're forced to ASMu :( ) I'm so excited, it genuinely feels like going home!

10. skater

skater <font color=blue>Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't

Just booked an end of Feb. trip with DD and sister :cool1:. I really thought I wasn't going to get down there this winter. I'm feeling so relieved! I truly love all the Disney resorts and probably love AKL the most. Still, I have to say, there's something about POP that just gets me feeling all excited and in a Disney mood! All those bright colors and tall palm trees alone are enough to put me in a great mood. And the music. And the great CM's. And the store. I am also digging the proximity of AoA. Last year, DS and I were able to spend some time over there - it makes me feel like I have the best of two worlds. So much fun!

11. FrugalFashionista

FrugalFashionista Mouseketeer

Has anyone used a twin sized air mattress at pop? Trying to decide if that will work vs upgrade to POR for our next trip. I'm afraid my kids might be too big to share a double bed.

12. FrugalFashionista

FrugalFashionista Mouseketeer

My kids talk about it too. My DS6 keeps asking "When can we stay at Pop Century again?" There's been no questions about Disney, just Pop! :)

13. Montyrob

Montyrob Mouseketeer

Anyone here now want 6 bottles f water and a 4 pack of vanilla pudding? We leave tomorrow 90's section room 8160 near the parking lot

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. SoosieQ

SoosieQ Mouseketeer

Just booked (finally!!!!) for Pop May 3-10. Have a few dining reservations (we will mostly do CS meals). Can't wait! :cool1:

15. Allies mom

Allies mom Mouseketeer

I am going the same dates! Did you get the Visa discount?

16. SoosieQ

SoosieQ Mouseketeer

Oooppps double post!

17. SoosieQ

SoosieQ Mouseketeer

Yes I did. The discount saved me about $228.00. Not the free dining that I usually get in Sept but I will take it. It will pay for a few meals.

18. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

We're going back to POP for one night before our cruise! I am so excited, it's silly! DH has never stayed on site before, so I'm hoping he'll love it. When we were looking for a hotel to stay in, DD requested we stay at POP. At first the cost difference between that and an airport hotel, but after making some phone calls and crunching the numbers, DH has decided he would rather leave everything up to Disney, and get in the Disney atmosphere from the very first day of our vacation. I logged on here tonight to find out that there is RO discount, so now I feel it's kismet!

19. SoosieQ

SoosieQ Mouseketeer

Oops triple post!

20. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

Yes, I bought an Aerobed at Target and have used it for at least 3 stays at Pop. I like it b/c it has a built-in pump and deflates easily. A great investment!

21. Princess Merida

Princess Merida Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if there are only certain room types at the POP available with the Disney Visa offer? If so, was preferred pool view included? Thanks:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.