POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem like an odd question, but my friend and I will be checking into Pop on September 16. We're so excited to stay there for the first time, but neither of us have done online checkin before. It asks for a credit card and I think we were each hoping to have our KTTW linked to our own card. Is that even possible?:confused3

I also have the option to select FP+ but there are no MBs showing. Is this because I didn't checkin yet?

Thanks in advance! Only 28 more days!:cool1:

I haven't done online check in, but was able to place an order for magic bands.

Please tell me it will be ok! lol

I have AKL booked for the first week of December but we've run into some unexpected bills so we are switching to Pop to save like $700.

We've stayed there a couple times before and liked it but of course I have a client who stayed there and complained about bugs and catching the flu from the room :rolleyes:, etc. so it's making me nervous.

I love the deluxe resorts but don't want to have to cancel - someone tell me it will still be ok!! :goodvibes

This might seem like an odd question, but my friend and I will be checking into Pop on September 16. We're so excited to stay there for the first time, but neither of us have done online checkin before. It asks for a credit card and I think we were each hoping to have our KTTW linked to our own card. Is that even possible?:confused3

I also have the option to select FP+ but there are no MBs showing. Is this because I didn't checkin yet?

With respect to your question bolded above, yes, you can have different credit cards attached to the different individuals in the room. If that is what you want to do, I suggest that not doing on-line check-in might be the way to go. If you need to explain something at check-in, I do regular check-in. If there isn't anything unique and everything can be covered through on-line check-in, then there is no reason to not use it.

I would add that you'll want to check your room charges occasionally during your stay. We once traveled with my sister's family and there was a mix-up that needed to be fixed. This was at a cabin at FW. My sister's charges kept appearing as charges on my credit card even though we had set it up properly at the beginning. Others have reported similar issues at other resorts. So, just a word to the wise . . .

Please tell me it will be ok! lol

I have AKL booked for the first week of December but we've run into some unexpected bills so we are switching to Pop to save like $700.

We've stayed there a couple times before and liked it but of course I have a client who stayed there and complained about bugs and catching the flu from the room :rolleyes:, etc. so it's making me nervous.

I love the deluxe resorts but don't want to have to cancel - someone tell me it will still be ok!! :goodvibes

As long as you recognize that Pop is a value resort, so you'll get value amenities, you'll be fine. I love deluxe resorts, too, and book them when I can. But, I also love Pop Century and find that it is a terrific resort for the cost. Housekeeping has always been good, the transportation is great, and it is a fun atmosphere. Since you've stayed at Pop before, I think I'd trust your own experience instead of your client's. It's too bad that s/he had a poor experience, but there are a lot of variables that go into any experience.

EpiStitch said:

I think you can use the credit card of whoever is Lead Guest for online check-in, then when you arrive explain that you want different cards on each kttw

I didn't add my credit card during online checkin...I just didn't feel comfortable doing so. I did it during checkin at the resort, only took a few minutes and I had to pick a pin. My boyfriend wanted to link his debit card to his band, and they took his info and he also had to pick a pin, but all the room charges were paid by MY credit card! (The room reservation was in my name), I don't know why, but because he had his own pin everything he charged had his name next to it so he just gave me the cash to apply to my credit card. They made it seem like they were linking our individual bands to our own credit cards, but it didn't.

I think you can use the credit card of whoever is Lead Guest for online check-in, then when you arrive explain that you want different cards on each kttw

That didn't work for us, I don't know what happened, but everything was charged to my card even though they took all my boyfriends card info and gave him his own pin. On the printout though, everything he bought with his band and pin had his name next to it. So Im not sure that you CAN use different cards on each KTTW

Sandi said:
As long as you recognize that Pop is a value resort, so you'll get value amenities, you'll be fine. I love deluxe resorts, too, and book them when I can. But, I also love Pop Century and find that it is a terrific resort for the cost. Housekeeping has always been good, the transportation is great, and it is a fun atmosphere. Since you've stayed at Pop before, I think I'd trust your own experience instead of your client's. It's too bad that s/he had a poor experience, but there are a lot of variables that go into any experience.

AGREE with Sandi's post 100%!!! I have stayed at POP dozens of times (38 nights this yr alone!) And my only experience w/ bugs was w/ the Lovebugs in May (5-10). They were rather bad at times, more by the Hippy Dippy pool but didn't notice them nearly as much in the 50's section by my room??!! LOL. That was my ONLY experience w/ bugs in 38 days! I wouldn't worry. And as Sandi said, you have stayed there...rely on your own past experiences! Enjoy!! POP is super fun!! :)

i have seen posts on touring plans chat that some people recently at ASM had bed bugs, has there been any reports of bed bugs at POP recently?

HOME :( We were in room 4463. Clean room, nice view! Lots of issues with the front desk and they owe me $323.50 still for money they took out of my account...they said it should be credited back to my account by end of the week. Not holding my breath...

linmarinelli said:
That didn't work for us, I don't know what happened, but everything was charged to my card even though they took all my boyfriends card info and gave him his own pin. On the printout though, everything he bought with his band and pin had his name next to it. So Im not sure that you CAN use different cards on each KTTW

I know when I was at POFQ last year with my parents, they both had their joint credit card on their KTTW while I had mine on my card, and everything I bought showed up on the room statement on my card (my dad was Lead Guest). As far as I know, I was only the one who did room charging though so we didn't have any way to compare if things would've gotten messed up. I think you're SUPPOSED to be able to have separate cards on each KTTW, but quite a few people wind up having problems with it

HOME :( We were in room 4463. Clean room, nice view! Lots of issues with the front desk and they owe me $323.50 still for money they took out of my account...they said it should be credited back to my account by end of the week. Not holding my breath...

Did you have a working fridge?:moped:

We are in a preferred room today (just checked in) 60's section, first floor, no working fridge....but close to ice machine! :thumbsup2

We are probably upstairs from you! Checked in today, 60s section, 4th floor, no working fridge and close to the ice machine!

If you've already done your online check in, go into MDE and modify it. You don't have to change anything, just go through the screens again.

Then check the magic bands tab, it should allow you to personalize them. Then go to FP+ tab and make your selections.

Thanks for the tip. I was able to edit my previous online check in and as i did the magic band option came up.

Did any of you three lucky Pop-goers get the $15/night credit?

I got my credit but was told no at first. I was told I could only get a credit if a fridge was medically necessary. I explained that I booked the trip a year ago and the fridge was part of their amenities at the time of booking.

For the FP+....when you log into your acct, does a box pop up inviting you to try it? I just went into my acct under MDE and it gave me no indication if I was one of the chosen....

For the FP+....when you log into your acct, does a box pop up inviting you to try it? I just went into my acct under MDE and it gave me no indication if I was one of the chosen....

If you click on the FP+ link, you'll be able to make selections if you're eligible. That's the quickest way to know.

You'll also see a link that says "Personalize Magicbands". You may have to do online check-in (or redo online check-in) in order to see the personalize link.

I've found that a few things vary on MDE depending on which browser you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter