POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of preferred room did you reserve? If it's preferred pool, that room will be in the 60's section. If it's "regular" preferred, the room could be in 50's, 60's, or 70's.

To try a pre-check-in request that might have the rooms be assigned close to each other, you try one for the same building number.

Otherwise I have a feeling you may need to see what room assignments you get upon check-in and then discuss it at that point. In my experience (with a single room anyway) having a room reassigned at check-in is relatively easy. They will at least do their best for you.

Well I don't recall them saying anything specific about the kind of room, just preferred. This will be our first stay at POP. Honestly, I know little to nothing about it. I've read tons of stuff on here and looked at pictures. We had planned to stay at AoA but it was cheaper to get 2 rooms than a family suite...so we switched. Now I feel so ill prepared!

We're here now. I don't know how accurate this is. According to the woman I spoke to at the front desk, the only refrigerators they have are for medical needs. I brought a collapsible cooler, but they are now out of ice. Bell services is now holding onto our milk, yogurt, etc. until we check out. (We are doing a split stay at the Beach Club, and I was told that they replaced all the refrigerators there already.)

They did replace the pillows yesterday (in the 60's), and the boxes looked like they could've held small refrigerators. What a disappointment!

Yep, the boxes had me fooled too - saw them outside the doors on the first floor of 60's. It was bedding...not fridges.

For everyone who keeps wondering, there are no working refrigerators in the rooms. I've been told there are not enough to go around and if a working one is delivered to a room for a stay, it is promptly removed when the guest checks out. Don't anticipate having one in your room. It may be time to go back to the fridge swaps of old days! (worked out good for me in the past!)

We do have a fridge in our room - with a big note on it that it has been unplugged and etc. But it has been plugged in since we got here. Used it to cool down some melted chocolate from Germany yesterday :)

Huge mixups with our room yesterday - we had 2 reservations at Pop - split b/c of rate change. I went to check out/in and they said I owed them about $400. That our second part of our stay wasn't paid up yet. I paid through Dreams Unlimited way back in April/May. I went and got my paperwork, came back, still all messed up. they took $387 out of my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in tears - I did not have an extra $400 to spare in my checking at that time! Another trip to get more info in my room, got back and FINALLY someone was able to get things worked out and now they OWE ME $200. But. of course, they can't just give me the $$ - Accounting has to cut me a check and that takes 7 - 10 days so I will have it when I get home next week. We missed our Kona ADR b/c of it. It was a huge mess. I have to grab money out of savings to cover the difference.

Today our magicbands wouldn't work to get us back in the room. My older sons hasn''t worked AT ALL since we got here/ I was in line this morning at concierge and was talking to the lady behind me who had it WAY worse than me. She had been in line a total of like 90 minutes in the last few hours b/c of issues wiht Magicband losing her annual pass, her room key, her FP+, and other reservations. She was NOT happy.

It has been quite the mess and they have WAY WAY WAY too many bugs to work out with these before they roll them out completely.

On the bright side - the chow at Everything Pop has been great - I was worried after reading so many negative reviews here. We have had the nachos, pizza, make your own salad, breakfast sandwiches, kids cheeseburger, sloppy joes, pizza bread, gravy fries, black bean burger, thanksgiving sandwich, and I think my husband had the salmon burger. The woman in front of me last night was raving about the coconut shrimp and the girl behind me today raved about the chicken sandwich. So there's that! And of course, the lobby smells divine and the arcade is as fun and chaotic as always. And they make a mean gin and tonic at Petals :)

Hi everyone so excited to stay at POP for part of our November trip. We have a Preferred Pool View booked for 11/13 - 11/17 :cool1:
Love the thread so much great information.

Subscribing! Just moved from ASMu to POP today! We will be there Dec4-15. I was to scared about ASSp food court and Pop warner week- I am hoping it will not be as bad here with Pop warner week. Hoping for the best. I like the lay out of the place better verses ASMu- can't wait! Anyone stayed here during Pop warner week? What was your experience?

Yep, the boxes had me fooled too - saw them outside the doors on the first floor of 60's. It was bedding...not fridges.

We do have a fridge in our room - with a big note on it that it has been unplugged and etc. But it has been plugged in since we got here. Used it to cool down some melted chocolate from Germany yesterday :)

Huge mixups with our room yesterday - we had 2 reservations at Pop - split b/c of rate change. I went to check out/in and they said I owed them about $400. That our second part of our stay wasn't paid up yet. I paid through Dreams Unlimited way back in April/May. I went and got my paperwork, came back, still all messed up. they took $387 out of my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in tears - I did not have an extra $400 to spare in my checking at that time! Another trip to get more info in my room, got back and FINALLY someone was able to get things worked out and now they OWE ME $200. But. of course, they can't just give me the $$ - Accounting has to cut me a check and that takes 7 - 10 days so I will have it when I get home next week. We missed our Kona ADR b/c of it. It was a huge mess. I have to grab money out of savings to cover the difference.

Today our magicbands wouldn't work to get us back in the room. My older sons hasn''t worked AT ALL since we got here/ I was in line this morning at concierge and was talking to the lady behind me who had it WAY worse than me. She had been in line a total of like 90 minutes in the last few hours b/c of issues wiht Magicband losing her annual pass, her room key, her FP+, and other reservations. She was NOT happy.

It has been quite the mess and they have WAY WAY WAY too many bugs to work out with these before they roll them out completely.

On the bright side - the chow at Everything Pop has been great - I was worried after reading so many negative reviews here. We have had the nachos, pizza, make your own salad, breakfast sandwiches, kids cheeseburger, sloppy joes, pizza bread, gravy fries, black bean burger, thanksgiving sandwich, and I think my husband had the salmon burger. The woman in front of me last night was raving about the coconut shrimp and the girl behind me today raved about the chicken sandwich. So there's that! And of course, the lobby smells divine and the arcade is as fun and chaotic as always. And they make a mean gin and tonic at Petals :)

Wow! What a time you've had! Hope it gets better for you!

CariBelle said:
There are a ton of attractions that do not have traditional FPs that are included with FP+. Shows, rides, parades, fireworks, etc. For example- we have FP+ booked for Illuminations, Wishes, ETWB, and Pirates among others.

I knew about the shows and fireworks but how do they handle a FP+ for a ride that doesn't have a FP- line already? Do they take you through another entrance? I was mostly talking about rides exclusively. I'm so hoping we can test the bands!!

SDTeaGirl said:
Subscribing! Just moved from ASMu to POP today! We will be there Dec4-15. I was to scared about ASSp food court and Pop warner week- I am hoping it will not be as bad here with Pop warner week. Hoping for the best. I like the lay out of the place better verses ASMu- can't wait! Anyone stayed here during Pop warner week? What was your experience?

I did last year, with no problems. POP is only used as overflow, so there aren't as many of them there. And the ones I did encounter were well behaved. The only issue I had was one day getting lunch they were also in the food court. However, POP opened every register and had extra food servers working, so it didn't take too much longer than usual, just a few minutes waiting. I know some people have other less-pleasant experiences with them, but I never have issues. Then again, I'm not a complainer.

I received my magic bands and made my fastpass+ selections but I'm hearing horror stories. Should I be nervous?? Is anyone having a good experience with them??

Has anyone received MagicBands for an Oct stay yet! We will be there the end of Oct and I'm wondering if we will get the Bands.

ktdid23 said:
Has anyone received MagicBands for an Oct stay yet! We will be there the end of Oct and I'm wondering if we will get the Bands.

I think you get official word at 17 days out and I think I remember someone saying at 20 or 30 days out magic bands and FP+ are available for customizing on my Disney experience. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been reading the magic band august test thread.

I think you get official word at 17 days out and I think I remember someone saying at 20 or 30 days out magic bands and FP+ are available for customizing on my Disney experience. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been reading the magic band august test thread.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out :)

Hello, all! I am wondering if the consensus is a positive one regarding the request of a fridge for medical needs? Do there seem to be enough fridges for the demand?

I know lots of people are anxious on news about fridges and we are no different. I am traveling with a party of 4 and 3 of us have multiple food allergies, mine being pretty severe. If I don't order/bring certain foods (many that need to be kept cold) I will struggle to get enough calories at breakfasts and for snacks. I know I can use a cooler and will if necessary but it is an added frustration when you plan to be out and about most of the day. I hate to be worried that my food might spoil if I don't make it back to get more ice in time, especially with reports that the ice machines are frequently running out of ice. I would have considered booking differently if I had known our fridges were in jeopardy but of course this was an unforeseen circumstance and I know it can't be helped. We have added that we need a fridge for medical needs to our reservation. I know no one can give me a definite answer either way but I am just wondering how likely it is that it will be fulfilled.

Thanks!

Hello, all! I am wondering if the consensus is a positive one regarding the request of a fridge for medical needs? Do there seem to be enough fridges for the demand?

I know lots of people are anxious on news about fridges and we are no different. I am traveling with a party of 4 and 3 of us have multiple food allergies, mine being pretty severe. If I don't order/bring certain foods (many that need to be kept cold) I will struggle to get enough calories at breakfasts and for snacks. I know I can use a cooler and will if necessary but it is an added frustration when you plan to be out and about most of the day. I hate to be worried that my food might spoil if I don't make it back to get more ice in time, especially with reports that the ice machines are frequently running out of ice. I would have considered booking differently if I had known our fridges were in jeopardy but of course this was an unforeseen circumstance and I know it can't be helped. We have added that we need a fridge for medical needs to our reservation. I know no one can give me a definite answer either way but I am just wondering how likely it is that it will be fulfilled.

Thanks!

I can almost guarantee that they'll get you one for medical needs.

Congrats! Sounds awesome! Be sure to get a picture in front of the Tree of Life with all of the generations together. We had a 4 generation pic on our first trip with the kids, and it is one of my favorite photos from all of our trips. Have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

That is such an awesome idea. We will be 3 generations for our first ever visit. Will def have to do this.

Thanks smitch425

:cool1::grouphug:

30 Days until we are "supposed" to check into Pop for our vacation do over. This past march we got hit with the Norovirus which ruined our entire vacation, 2 weeks ago my mil got diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer & we found out on Sunday she has days to weeks of life left...So Sad... Praying she goes in peace & that it's not while we're down there or right before we go :(

How terribly sad for you all. Much love and prayers to you.

GastonTheGreat said:
Why arent there fridges in the rooms? I thought that it was standard that they had them now?

They have been disconnected because there had been a fire caused by a fridge in a room at DL so all those same models are a hazard. They have ordered new fridges and will replace the faulty ones but Disney estimated it might take until October to get them all replaced.

Are people that are there now still getting the $15 credit for not having a fridge? I'd rather the fridge but if it's not yet replaced I would gladly take the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter