POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pop friends! I have a silly question! Does anyone know if they sell gallons of milk in the food court, and if so what the price is? We will need 2 gallons of milk, but that's really all the groceries we will need, so Im trying to decide if it would be best to buy there or use a grocery service (since its such a small order). Thanks for any help!

Hi Pop friends! I have a silly question! Does anyone know if they sell gallons of milk in the food court, and if so what the price is? We will need 2 gallons of milk, but that's really all the groceries we will need, so Im trying to decide if it would be best to buy there or use a grocery service (since its such a small order). Thanks for any help!

From post #3 of this thread.

Milk (regular cow's milk) is available in 1/2 gallon size (whole & 1%) for $2.99 (as of 8/2012)

Tons of great information in posts 1-6. :thumbsup2

shyjade said:
What is the latest we can have visitors stop by to see us at the resort? Is the front gate staffed around the clock?

We have friends arriving late one night next week. They are staying offsite, but would love it if they could stop by when they get to town since we will probably be "coming home" from the parks around the same time. I haven't seen my friend (in person) in 15 years, so I'm very anxious to reconnect!

The guard station is staffed around the clock.

My DH and I got home last night from a 9 day Anniversary/40th Birthday stay at Pop. Checked in around 11:30am on 10/1 and the Online Check In area was empty. Room was ready and I got all the requests I hoped for. 4th floor, 60s building 4, lake view. We were in room 4449 which is the very first room you come to on that side. Couldn't really see the lake due to some very tall trees but if we walked a little ways down the walkway we could see Wishes, Illuminations and even the very loud fireworks they had at DHS for a special event one night. Had a new fridge but no new bedding. Mouse keeping kept the room clean and well stocked with towels, wash cloths, soap and shampoo. Had a towel Mickey when we arrived and another critter added later in the week. I was a little nervous about the Pop food court after all the negative reviews I had been reading. All the food that I ordered was pretty good. Nothing I wouldn't order again. We walked to AOA and had a couple of meals there and I enjoyed the meals I got there too. My DH felt the same way. We are early risers so the food court wasn't that busy. I'm talking from 7am to 8am. After that it turned into a mad house! Noon until 5pm it wasn't bad either and then it would get crazy again. The one line that was the craziest was the one that had pepperoni pizza. All the kids wanted that. The line that tricked you into thinking it was fast but wasn't was the make your own salad/pizza/sandwich area. Took forever for the CM to make the salads for people and for the fresh made pizzas to get cooked. The Magic bands and FP+ worked great for us. Room charging was a breeze (just remember your 4 digit pin) although a couple of times the MB had to be re scanned as the pin didn't take. Photopass could be done on your MB or on a photopass card. We used the card. Yes, we could use the MBs for FP+ and the room key they gave you just in case the MB wasn't working to pull paper FPs. We did that twice just because we could. Ended up giving some away as we ended up not using it. Heard many complaints of unfairness on the DIS and FB about this and to be honest, with all the shows, rides and other things you are so busy doing it is hard enough to fit in the 3 FP+s you are allowed. MDE had a few glitches but over all DH was pleased with the how it worked on his wifi enable ipod touch. He was also impressed with the wifi he was able to get at the parks and the resorts. I too enjoyed the wifi especially around the pool with a tasty adult beverage. We had a rental car from Dollar which was great. Good price, easy to pick up and bring back. We loved the freedom of having a car and by booking a package with AAA we had the AAA Diamond Parking card which we used often. One afternoon we took the bus to Epcot for Food & Wine so DH wouldn't have to drive us back. On the way home we were waiting for the Pop bus but the AOA showed up first. Since there were not a lot of people in line we decide to hop on the AOA bus and cross the bridge that wasn't far from our room and get back earlier then we would have waiting for the Pop bus. We left the stop before a Pop bus showed up. Since this trip was just my DH and I we got park hoppers and used them for most of our days. We'd rope drop one park and have our FP+s for our afternoon park. Worked like a dream! Loved MNSSHP! Had a blast trick or treating, getting my picture taken with characters and riding rides. The Boo To You parade and Hallowishes were Awesome! I would do this event again. Also did the Key to the Kingdom Tour. Very much enjoyed it. Not sure I would do that one again as I don't think the info changes. I highly recommend it though. Every CM I encountered was friendly. I experienced smiles, hellos, waves, good mornings, etc from all the resorts, parks and restaurants I visited. I'm not saying there weren't a few who didn't acknowledge me as I walked by but I didn't acknowledge them either. You know, normal stuff. Over all the trip was great. I really hope I can plan another trip soon!

Thanks for the great update. I was there during the same time and had a wonderfully enjoyable time also. POP looked better than ever and the magic bands and FP+ are awesome new features.

mickeysmith said:
I'll try to find mine, too, and attach it!! Safe travels! See you next Saturday!!

Is the Mickey head a paint card from lowes or home depot? I'd love to do that when we go too! :)

Is the Mickey head a paint card from lowes or home depot? I'd love to do that when we go too! :)

The paint sample Mickey ears were from Home Depot, but that Disney-branded paint from Behr and the sample Mickey cards are now gone, sadly. So you have to just use whatever ones you might still have on hand. :sad2:

(Walmart now carries Disney-branded paint from Glidden, but no reports of the treasured Mickey ear paint samples returning there.)

jcarwash said:
The paint sample Mickey ears were from Home Depot, but that Disney-branded paint from Behr and the sample Mickey cards are now gone, sadly. So you have to just use whatever ones you might still have on hand. :sad2:

(Walmart now carries Disney-branded paint from Glidden, but no reports of the treasured Mickey ear paint samples returning there.)

Poo....ok. I don't have any. I just heard about them on here. :(

DH just texted me & said the bags will be here in an hour. Lesson learned, next time we fly at night we'll get them ourselves!!!

Eta the bags came at 3am. Never again will I use bag transfer for flights arriving at night!

So glad I read this, I have been debating on whether or not to use ME for our bags since our flight gets in at 9pm. Definitely getting them ourselves.

I just used lime green heavy cardstock and ran it thru my printed and then cut it out. Made two, one small one that I'll laminate and attach to my backpack and a larger one for our window at POP. I have a ton of decorations for our window and door, some Halloween themed, some not.

Flynnismine said:
I just used lime green heavy cardstock and ran it thru my printed and then cut it out. Made two, one small one that I'll laminate and attach to my backpack and a larger one for our window at POP. I have a ton of decorations for our window and door, some Halloween themed, some not.

Ill have to dig into my creativity and figure something out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter