POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got backom our first trip to WDW and POP

Dinning - can't say too much about what the menu used to be but I liked the pork roast and my wife liked to rotisery chicken. The place was usually really busy.

Shuttles - were great, never had to really wait at all ecxept a few times coming back from a crowd. What slowed things down on getting going was all the scooters. Seems like it's the thing to get to visit the parks.

Rooms - Very clean and well taken care of. My daughters loved the towel mickey's, butterflys and gohsts. One day we came back from the parks to find the towel animals hanging out on the bed with the kids stuffed animals. One had it's paw on the TV remote and the TV was on with all the animals watching it. Was pretty clever.

Elevators - Hot and usually pretty dirty. One day had a whole cup of coffee spilled in one, the next day had a popcorn container all over the floor.

Fridge - requested one and got one the second day of the trip.

All in all had a great stay and I would stay there again.

sjhanksaz said:
We just got backom our first trip to WDW and POP

Dinning - can't say too much about what the menu used to be but I liked the pork roast and my wife liked to rotisery chicken. The place was usually really busy.

Shuttles - were great, never had to really wait at all ecxept a few times coming back from a crowd. What slowed things down on getting going was all the scooters. Seems like it's the thing to get to visit the parks.

Rooms - Very clean and well taken care of. My daughters loved the towel mickey's, butterflys and gohsts. One day we came back from the parks to find the towel animals hanging out on the bed with the kids stuffed animals. One had it's paw on the TV remote and the TV was on with all the animals watching it. Was pretty clever.

Elevators - Hot and usually pretty dirty. One day had a whole cup of coffee spilled in one, the next day had a popcorn container all over the floor.

Fridge - requested one and got one the second day of the trip.

All in all had a great stay and I would stay there again.

What section did you stay in?

sjhanksaz said:
The 50's one, 3rd floor - the building had a gian juke box on the front.

We requested the 80's building. I'm just wondering if they have refrigerators yet.

Thanks for the reminder! I have to go see if I can find my lime green Mickey head to hang in our window :) I hope I can since my printer is down. 7 more days!!!!!:donald:

Yesterday was a very eventful day in getting ready for our upcoming disney trip. We deep cleaned the carpet and sofa and love seat. We got hubby's car oil changed, all fluids changed, engine flushed, fuel system cleaned, new tires and washed and detailed inside and out.. Now Friday needs to hurry so we can leave 5 days to go.

What do you do to get ready

I have multi list OCD that I'll check and recheck a million times this last week. It will probably drive DH nuts. I'm a crazy planner when it comes to trips and since this is DD's first Dis trip, I want to make it as magical as possible for her. Will start packing clothes on friday.

OMG. I can do online check in tonight. I don't know what to do. Too excited to do it though. Is this a normal feeling to have. I have nothing to rate this against having never been before. I just want to grab everyone and tell them. So sorry to dribble so much. I guess it just became a little more real is all. And I just needed to share.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

OMG. I can do online check in tonight. I don't know what to do. Too excited to do it though. Is this a normal feeling to have. I have nothing to rate this against having never been before. I just want to grab everyone and tell them. So sorry to dribble so much. I guess it just became a little more real is all. And I just needed to share.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Awesome! Go ahead and be excited, because it is exciting!! Yahoo...Enjoy your trip!!

Checking in on Thursday. Went to the doctor today and have strep. This stinks! I've been looking forward to this trip since May. Ugh!

OH NO!! SO many of our trips were centered around packing MEDS!!!
I learned to say...." I'd rather have strep in WDW than sitting around at home"
Hope the Florida Sunshine heals you instantly!!!:)

Hello everyone, we returned from a week long stay at Pop on Friday and were very pleased with Pop. We had two adults and two children (4 and 10months) in our room and it was sufficient size. Slightly small but fine. When we arrived our Pack and Play was not in the room. We also did not have a fridge. I called the "front desk" and questioned the fridge situation. I was told that one was not available. I requested the credit and was informed, after being put on hold, that those were no longer being given as everyone had been informed about the lack of fridges in the rooms. We did not receive any notification through disney and I shared that information. I was told there was nothing that could be done. My husband went to the front desk for another issue and mentioned the fridge again. When the pack and play was delivered so was a fridge. We were very grateful! On the second day of our trip we came back to the room to find two fridges! We were in the 90s section building nine. We were on the fourth floor facing the parking lot and had no noise issues.

We only ate in the food court once and it was fine. We did walk over to AoA one evening and ate in the food court there which was a nice change. Most of our time was spent in the parks and so most meals were there or in the room. I felt that Pop was very well kept and our room was nice and clean. We did not have new bedding. Pools were nice and shuttles were no problem. There were some waits during peak times but we expected that.

Overall we had a great time and would not hesitate to stay at Pop again in the future. Cast members were friendly and helpful. We lost two items during the trip (totally our fault) and both were found and returned to lost and found. Very surprised that we were able to recover both items.

We did have the MB and utilized FP+ and I really liked it. We did not have any problems with the bands. I did notice that the lines for people using the bands were longer probably because they were new and people were unsure of exactly how to use them. For example, often times the fast pass line would be long from the scanner because of people trying to scan the bands. Once you passed that point no problem!

I gained so much information from the boards so please feel free to ask any questions. I am happy to provide any information I can.

I just realized MDE has 13 days left, which is right, and my phone app has 12. Either way....its sooooo close!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter