POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the map, you will see that there are preferred rooms in different buildings that are equally close to Classic Hall. So it would probably be best to make the request of "close to dining". Wording it like that will give the room assigner more options than if you asked for a specific building/area. I have always found it helps to word your request to make it easy to figure out why you are making that request. Close to bus stop, close to parking, close to lake, etc.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/...read/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Yes, a preferred pool view is an upgrade from a preferred room. I believe it's about a $5 per night upgrade.

Okay, we upgraded to preferred pool view, but I can't read your map. When I open it on my computer it's too small to tell what is preferred, etc. Anyone else have a larger image of that map???

So preferred pool view, is that at the Hippy Dippy Pool or are there other preferred pool view areas? We've always just done a standard room, but we got a pin for free dining for our dates this week and it made us change from AoA which is now my favorite resort, lol, so we decided to do the preferred room. Just wondering what to expect. :)

Okay, we upgraded to preferred pool view, but I can't read your map. When I open it on my computer it's too small to tell what is preferred, etc. Anyone else have a larger image of that map???

So preferred pool view, is that at the Hippy Dippy Pool or are there other preferred pool view areas? We've always just done a standard room, but we got a pin for free dining for our dates this week and it made us change from AoA which is now my favorite resort, lol, so we decided to do the preferred room. Just wondering what to expect. :)

Preferred Pool View rooms face the Hippy Dippy Pool -- basically the front half of buildings 4 & 5 in the 60's section. Standard Pool View are the rooms facing the computer pool (in the 90's buildings) and the bowling pin pool (in the 50's section).

15 days for us!!!!!!!!!!

Only sad part is that it is our first trip to WDW without DD18, (She couldn't leave her boyfriend for a whole week :( )

I saw something in a previous post about cashless laundry and am wondering if Pop has switched over or just AofA. It would be great to just swipe my card and not have to carry around all those quarters! Checking in on June 16. Haven't stayed at Pop for 2 years and I can't wait!

DanaEA24 said:
I saw something in a previous post about cashless laundry and am wondering if Pop has switched over or just AofA. It would be great to just swipe my card and not have to carry around all those quarters! Checking in on June 16. Haven't stayed at Pop for 2 years and I can't wait!

No POP laundry facilities are not cashless like AoA's. Sorry...was just there last week and checked on this for other posters. There is a change machine that takes $1 & 5's. Another poster advised sometimes it is out of change though...but you could always get change at the front desk rather than packing a bunch of heavy change. That's what I would do, but to each his/her own. :)

Laying in bed. My alarm goes off in 5 hours and we will be on our way. I hope sleep finds me soon!!!

bentopher said:
Laying in bed. My alarm goes off in 5 hours and we will be on our way. I hope sleep finds me soon!!!

ROFLOL!!!
Makes me think of that commercial.....
I'm too excited to sleep!!!
Hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Still awake. Lol

Glad the boys went down easy earlier.
Going to be do tired tomorrow in tomorrow land. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter