POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
How early are you able to check in at pop? Just wondering if my husband took a flight that landed us there at 230 am on our arrival date if we could check into our room and it would be ready. Anyone have any experience with this?

The new day doesn't start until 6:00 a.m., so you couldn't check in until then. I have seen where some people luck out and are able to get into a room by 8:00, but that is not the norm and nothing to count on. (We were able to get into our FW Cabin at 8:30 one time; we were transferring from Pop.) If you booked a room for the prior day, they would hold it for you for a late (really late) check in at 2:30 a.m.

This thread has been so helpful! We're going to POP for the first time in August. First time ever staying on site. 2 questions:

Do they sell autograph books in the POP souvenir shop?

Do they have microwaves available for public use at the food court?

yes, they have a microwave for public use in the food court.

Hey guys! Just switched from ASMU to Pop! I just can't quit you pop century!

p.s is the sushi any good?

How early are you able to check in at pop? Just wondering if my husband took a flight that landed us there at 230 am on our arrival date if we could check into our room and it would be ready. Anyone have any experience with this?

The only way you could get into a room that early is if you pay for the night before.

heathere3 said:
They do sell autograph books, but they are a bit expensive. You might want to get one before you come down. I don't know about the microwave, sorry!

Yes they have microwaves available for guest use in the food court.
The autograph books sold in the POP gift shop are the same price and ones sold in the parks...FYI. depending on if you just want an autograph book or one that is for autographs and photos, they run about $10ish to $15ish. HTH

tofubeast said:
Quick question---- I know I can do this at a DVC resort, but not sure about POP.

I have some perishable groceries that I will have with me when I check in in the morning. Now, I know our room may not be available/ready in the morning. However, I want to check in and then run off to a park. Will they hold my small bag of groceries in the lobby and pplace in the fridge until I come back later to go to my room?

Thanks!!

But the groceries won't be held at the lobby...It'll be held at Bell Services. :)

Well here I am. 1am again. Seriously going to be hurting tomorrow. Lol wake up call is at 6am!

Ok quick info..
Flight was good. Arrived at Pop at 1230. Checking was fast and easy. Realized we left my sons hat on the ME. Still waiting to see if anyone found it. Happy with room placement. 4th floor building 1. (My request was 50s close to transportation). And it was ready when we got here.

Ate in food court. Only 2 cashiers. Lots of screens for them to punch in items takes time. Left with luke warm food. Tacos were great. No green tea (hot available).

By time we did what we needed to, our luggage showed up. Unpacked. Mom took boys swimming while I finished organizing, decorated window and tried to locate missing hat.

Went to Magic Kingdom. Arrive around 5. Left by 830. Only visited tomorrow land, Main Street and Mickey. I've come across no flies or love bugs so far.

Seems busier than last year crowd wise but rides weren't busy.

So, we get back. Settle boys. After killing 3 "bugs" in bathroom sink area on wall, mom makes me call "front desk" at 10pm. By 11, manger and 2 "pest control" guys check the bugs. They are small roaches. Mom wants to change rooms ASAP. And they say of course. They want to fumigate it. So in 30 min we packed up our room and moved. And in another 30 unpacked!! Kids slept through it all!!! So we are just climbing in bed. Omg I had unpacked EVERYTHING. I think the manager was impressed how fast we did it. Lol. He personally helped us move everything.

We are same floor, around the corner,a bit further from the elevator. I was hoping for better room placement but didn't say anything. Once we were settled, he told us they credited my CC for one nights stay! So I was pleased and happy with that.

I didn't want to lose my park time tomorrow and move then. And so much easier to pack and move with sleeping kids.

So first day wasn't great, it was a roller coaster with hunger and tiredness and excitement and everything in between. Hoping tomorrow is a great fresh start to our new room and vacation!!!

:)

bentopher said:
Well here I am. 1am again. Seriously going to be hurting tomorrow. Lol wake up call is at 6am!

Ok quick info..
Flight was good. Arrived at Pop at 1230. Checking was fast and easy. Realized we left my sons hat on the ME. Still waiting to see if anyone found it. Happy with room placement. 4th floor building 1. (My request was 50s close to transportation). And it was ready when we got here.

Ate in food court. Only 2 cashiers. Lots of screens for them to punch in items takes time. Left with luke warm food. Tacos were great. No green tea (hot available).

By time we did what we needed to, our luggage showed up. Unpacked. Mom took boys swimming while I finished organizing, decorated window and tried to locate missing hat.

Went to Magic Kingdom. Arrive around 5. Left by 830. Only visited tomorrow land, Main Street and Mickey. I've come across no flies or love bugs so far.

So, we get back. Settle boys. After killing 3 "bugs" in bathroom sink area on wall, mom makes me call "front desk" at 10pm. By 11, manger and 2 "pest control" guys check the bugs. They are small roaches. Mom wants to change rooms ASAP. And they say of course. They want to fumigate it. So in 30 min we packed up our room and moved. And in another 30 unpacked!! Kids slept through it all!!! So we are just climbing in bed. Omg I had unpacked EVERYTHING. I think the manager was impressed how fast we did it. Lol. He personally helped us move everything.

We are same floor, around the corner,a bit further from the elevator. I was hoping for better room placement but didn't say anything. Once we were settled, he told us they credited my CC for one nights stay! So I was pleased and happy with that.

I didn't want to lose my park time tomorrow and move then. And so much easier to pack and move with sleeping kids.

So first day wasn't great, it was a roller coaster with hunger and tiredness and excitement and everything in between. Hoping tomorrow is a great fresh start to our new room and vacation!!!

Sorry to hear of your not so pleasant dilemma...
BUT as I have said many times before if you address your concerns issues with mgt in the right way, POP is Great about fixing the issues and the tend to go above and beyond!!

Ok quick info..

Sorry your first day wasn't magical. From here on out, I hope everything is great. Make sure to schedule some down time today -- naps are under-rated!

Yikes! Bugs and moving on your first day? Hope things go better for the rest of your trip.

Sounds like Disney customer service was excellent.

Have a magical trip!

This thread has been so helpful! We're going to POP for the first time in August. First time ever staying on site. 2 questions:

Do they sell autograph books in the POP souvenir shop?

Do they have microwaves available for public use at the food court?

You can also order online before you go. www.disneystore.com

The roach issue makes me very, very nervous. I am such a girl, and I get that it is Florida but I have seen quite a few reports of roaches at Pop here and on tripadvisor :eek:

I hope you have a wonderful trip despite it! <3

The roach issue makes me very, very nervous. I am such a girl, and I get that it is Florida but I have seen quite a few reports of roaches at Pop here and on tripadvisor :eek:

I have stayed at POP three times and in 9 days will be four and we have never saw a bug. Not that they aren't there, we have just never had that experience. I actually request bottom floor too. I'm hoping we don't have a BUG experience when we go:/ my 2 year old DD is sooo scared of any bug including ants. It's almost funny:/

The roach issue is not uncommon in Florida. I've seen reports of them at Pop, POR, and CBR. I just think it's a common bug down there and once it's reported in a room the situation is taken care of. I stayed at POR this past April in one of the Princess rooms and just a month before someone reported roaches on that thread. I was seriously debating switching resorts but decided to stick it out and never saw one bug in our room the entire time! I was so relieved.

Staying at Pop this coming April from 4/26 to 5/2 and am so excited. I was originally booked at Pop for my last trip but had to upgrade to a mod because my mom decided to come with us and I needed the bigger beds. Subbing In!

They're the palmetto bugs aren't they? I got into a fight with about 3 of them when I turned on my air conditioner in a trailer I was staying at in Kissimmee. I grabbed a broom and started swinging....they were HUGE!

Well hopefully you aren't scheduled to be there during the love bug convention. :) Those gross me out worse for some reason the like the inside of my bathing suit. :scared1:We saw roaches them but I made dh take care of them. But they do gross me out as well. I didn't call because well they are just bugs. But if I would have saw 3 at one time I would have called and got moved as well. Mine were just random days. Also housekeeping leaves the door open. My parents just came back from a week and no little critters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter