POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 days until we check into POP for the first time!!!!:cool1::cheer2::hyper:
I am super excited. While we have done WDW before we have not stayed at POP or gone in May!
Just mother/daughter trip....woo hoo

What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop? We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.

Just be aware that a preferred pool view is of the hippy dippy pool and 'can' be very noisy... depending on the time of year. just so you know. and just so you are okay with that. It can be an extremely high traffic area. :)

What time do they start serving Breakfast at Everything POP. I see it opens up at 6am, but are they ready to serve Breakfast??, or just open for Coffee and counter/cold Items. I have some Golf tee times plan and would like to grab some before going to golf.

I'll be back at Pop in August! We booked standard room, no requests! My other two visits I had preferred, but the first time I stayed, a preferred room was just in the 60s buildings and I had lakeview, third floor in the Mowgli building. Makes sense that they changed the locations of the preferred rooms a while ago. I loved it though. My second stay, I had top floor in building 4 (the one with the Playdoh). We loved that room! Up the stairs to the top, turn to the right and second room in. I have never put in a request at Pop and I've been happy each time. I am sticking with that for this trip too! I'm so excited to go back and take many, many pictures of Pop Century and Art of Animation while I'm there! :rotfl2: :cheer2:

What time do they start serving Breakfast at Everything POP. I see it opens up at 6am, but are they ready to serve Breakfast??, or just open for Coffee and counter/cold Items. I have some Golf tee times plan and would like to grab some before going to golf.

I just read that the hot breakfast items get going around 6:30am. Coffee, other items at 6.

We just checked in today! Got here about 1:45 and our room was already ready. Also, flowers that DH had ordered (secretly) for Mother's Day were in the room waiting!

We're really pleased with the size of the room. We were trying to figure out (before arrival) how we'd work it all. We had a mountain of drinks & snacks, a cooler, a double stroller and two kids portable beds. We had decided that we'd tote the stroller to and from the car after we used it each time, but turns out we have PLENTY of room! The kids beds are between the tv & window (we moved the little table to just behind the door), the stroller fits perfectly between the TV and the wall separateing the vanity area. All of our shoes/snacks & drinks are on the floor in that area also. We did take the suit cases back to the car after we unloaded them but we are totally happy with all of our space and don't even feel cramped!

Also, from the description here I was expecting the refrigerator to be almost unusable. We put a thermometer in there and it is 36 degrees (didn't google but sounds cold enough to me!) we also fit a TON in there. I unloaded our entire cooler into the refrigerator. We have: a gallon of milk, 4 Izze drinks, 2 Starbucks Fraps, 3 Starbucks Refreshers, 2 Can Sodas, tub of pimento cheese, 18 Gogurts, 12 Naked juices, two kids straw cups w/milk + 6 beer bottles! Maybe I misunderstood, but the descriptions I read sounded like you were lucky to get a half gallon of milk in the fridge!

Anyway...just wanted to share!! :goodvibes

We have always stayed in the 50's because it is super close to the main building. But we have walked to each section and just love the resort. I am a hotel snob because I grew up with parents that both worked in Hilton and Sheraton hotels, so when we first booked POP in 2011 I was terrified, however the info that Janet and others have provided helped..... Then we got there and while it is not a deluxe hotel, it's Disney and the resort is super Disney and we fell in love with it.

My DD and I are staying the Swan next month and while I am super excited to be going to Disney and being able to walk to Epcot and HS I am going to miss Pop.

And the food court...... I can't say enough about the food court, we have been before I found out I have celiacs and after and we just love the food and the chefs. After going gluten free again I was scared about eating, but I walked in and asked for the chef he came out and asked what I wanted to eat, I said what can I have, he said what do you want..... I didn't realize he could make me almost anything gluten free. We went back to Pop to eat most meals last year, that is how good they were to me. They made me some really cool things, it got to the point I would just say fix what ever you want, it's all so good I will eat it. And they always made my plates so pretty, as if I was in a sit down.

Sorry to go on, but I really can't say enough good things about Pop, we just love it. I feel bad for people who pay for deluxe resorts at Disney! Lol

I'm really impressed about your food court experience....This will be my first time staying at POP and I have food allergies to peanut,tree nut and shellfish....it really eases my mind to hear how accommodating they were to you regarding your meals

I'm really impressed about your food court experience....This will be my first time staying at POP and I have food allergies to peanut,tree nut and shellfish....it really eases my mind to hear how accommodating they were to you regarding your meals

I have gluten allergy, celiacs, and yes they were absolutely wonderful. I can't say enough about the chefs there. The two men, who's names I can't think of right now, were the best.

3 days until we check into POP for the first time!!!!:cool1::cheer2::hyper:
I am super excited. While we have done WDW before we have not stayed at POP or gone in May!
Just mother/daughter trip....woo hoo

Me too!!! Mother Daughter trip (celebrating her 13 b-day) ... First time in May, checking in on the 14! I have stayed at POP before and my daughter and I loved it. Have fun.

Getting so close!!! We arrive on Wednesday. And out first time at Pop :dance:

Hoping our room is ready when we arrive via ME around 1230ish! But more so, anyone have success with late checkout?? When we leave may 22, our flight isn't til 745pm. I'm guessing ME around 430? Hoping we can have our room for a few hours extra!!!

Getting so close!!! We arrive on Wednesday. And out first time at Pop :dance:

Hoping our room is ready when we arrive via ME around 1230ish! But more so, anyone have success with late checkout?? When we leave may 22, our flight isn't til 745pm. I'm guessing ME around 430? Hoping we can have our room for a few hours extra!!!

Your chances are better for a late check out if you request it at check in.:surfweb:good luck :wizard: have a great trip..:):)

I just convinced my wife to take a half day! Yay! The original plan was to take her and pick her up from work, then head to POP on the 24th friday.. She said the earliest she could have got off work would be 3:20ish, then grab our stuff from our house and head 2 hrs to POP, potentially arriving at POP before 7. I factor rush hour traffic when driving after she gets off work. I wonder if I should test my luck and ask her to take it off. She's a teacher so I'm sure she has some personal days since she never uses them!

Our first day/night is never a park day. Since our WDW trips are usually identical, we usually arrive late afternoon and head to DTD to hangout/dinner. It'd be nice to arrive during early afternoon. For others that also don't do a park when arriving, what are your traditions that you do the first day at disney?

I just convinced my wife to take a half day! Yay! The original plan was to take her and pick her up from work, then head to POP on the 24th friday.. She said the earliest she could have got off work would be 3:20ish, then grab our stuff from our house and head 2 hrs to POP, potentially arriving at POP before 7. I factor rush hour traffic when driving after she gets off work. I wonder if I should test my luck and ask her to take it off. She's a teacher so I'm sure she has some personal days since she never uses them!

Our first day/night is never a park day. Since our WDW trips are usually identical, we usually arrive late afternoon and head to DTD to hangout/dinner. It'd be nice to arrive during early afternoon. For others that also don't do a park when arriving, what are your traditions that you do the first day at disney?

We usually do DTD and some outlet shopping the first day :) October can't come soon enough!!

David Brent said:

We also go to DTD, we eat at earls and do some shopping.

I live 3 hours away in georgia and my dad gave me a ticket for one day at disney for my birthday. Best believe im taking advantage of it. A quick 2 night weekend for my birthday. Ill be 27 on the 26th. I wil be at pop with my 3 year old and my best friend. This is the shortest trip I have ever taking the 24th to 26th but i am so happy. we decided to use our one day at the magic kingdom on Saturday. I was going to try the 24 hour event but I will not do that to the DS and hearing about the crowds on leap day, I have a feeling it will be extra crowded being memorial day weekend. I haven't been to pop in a while. I love it but i am wondering, did they really stop having the cheese steak wraps. They are not on allears menu and I loved those things.

Me too!!! Mother Daughter trip (celebrating her 13 b-day) ... First time in May, checking in on the 14! I have stayed at POP before and my daughter and I loved it. Have fun.

LACDisney-
We are checking in on the 14th too! Our flight lands in MCO at 7:45 pm.
2 more sleeps..LOL:hyper:

leshunlenese said:
I live 3 hours away in georgia and my dad gave me a ticket for one day at disney for my birthday. Best believe im taking advantage of it. A quick 2 night weekend for my birthday. Ill be 27 on the 26th. I wil be at pop with my 3 year old and my best friend. This is the shortest trip I have ever taking the 24th to 26th but i am so happy. we decided to use our one day at the magic kingdom on Saturday. I was going to try the 24 hour event but I will not do that to the DS and hearing about the crowds on leap day, I have a feeling it will be extra crowded being memorial day weekend. I haven't been to pop in a while. I love it but i am wondering, did they really stop having the cheese steak wraps. They are not on allears menu and I loved those things.

Unfortunately the cheese steak wraps are gone!!!
I miss them very much. They were my favorite thing there!! It is very sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter