• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
random question. i booked pop on a travel site online because I had a coupon code. i have my ADR's lined up on my disney experience, but when I try to "link up" my hotel confirmation code on the my dis experience app, it won't link. any ideas? i don't think it matters but i figure i'd try to have everything on my disney experience app...it's nifty.

random question. i booked pop on a travel site online because I had a coupon code. i have my ADR's lined up on my disney experience, but when I try to "link up" my hotel confirmation code on the my dis experience app, it won't link. any ideas? i don't think it matters but i figure i'd try to have everything on my disney experience app...it's nifty.

If the confirmation code is from the travel site, it's likely not the one matching a Disney confirmation code? That's my first thought.

If the confirmation code is from the travel site, it's likely not the one matching a Disney confirmation code?

Yea, I imagine. Oh, well. It was my first time not booking on WDW because I had a coupon code for a travel site. Non-online check in lines aren't that long especially since we'll be arriving late afternoon.

Just enjoyed 5 days, 6 nights at Pop. First time at POP, first time at WDW, first time in FL, first...well you get it.

I'll see if I can knock out a quick first timer review once I get above10,000 ft for those of you headed to the resort in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

We check in tomorrow for my & our two 2-year olds first WDW trip! DH's first stay at Pop!

:cheer2:

:cool1: Have a fabulous time! Hope you DH falls in love with POP :hippie:

Thanks, I knew that but somebody tried to tell me you could have three in a King room even if the third was older. I just wanted to make sure nothing changed recently.

Weird.:confused3 Wonder why they got that idea from?

Just enjoyed 5 days, 6 nights at Pop. First time at POP, first time at WDW, first time in FL, first...well you get it.

I'll see if I can knock out a quick first timer review once I get above10,000 ft for those of you headed to the resort in the near future.

:cool1: Happy you enjoyed Disney World and POP! Looking forward to reading your review :goodvibes

I'M GOING TO BACK TO, I'M GOING BACK TO POP - September 19-29. (said in my singing voice)

O.K. I am cheating on Pop in June, by staying at the Swan, but only because I was able to book with the employee rate.

But we are going back to POP in September. Can't wait. We LOVE Pop.:cool1:

I am a little concerned about the new menu, hope they still have at least some of the same Chef's to cook my GF stuff.

figmentswife said:
I'M GOING TO BACK TO, I'M GOING BACK TO POP - September 19-29. (said in my singing voice)

O.K. I am cheating on Pop in June, by staying at the Swan, but only because I was able to book with the employee rate.

I am a little concerned about the new menu, hope they still have at least some of the same Chef's to cook my GF stuff.

We will be there Sept 21-28, hope to see you there

Just changed to POP the other day from POFQ to save some money. I'm looking forward to staying here. POFQ had the queen size beds, that was the only reason we were there. I can sleep in a double for a week at Disney. POP looks more kid friendly too! My DD10 & DS8 both approved of the change in resorts :)

Just changed to POP the other day from POFQ to save some money. I'm looking forward to staying here. POFQ had the queen size beds, that was the only reason we were there. I can sleep in a double for a week at Disney. POP looks more kid friendly too! My DD10 & DS8 both approved of the change in resorts :)

They will LOVE it! It's fun.

What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop? We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.

What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop?

If you look at the map, you will see that there are preferred rooms in different buildings that are equally close to Classic Hall. So it would probably be best to make the request of "close to dining". Wording it like that will give the room assigner more options than if you asked for a specific building/area. I have always found it helps to word your request to make it easy to figure out why you are making that request. Close to bus stop, close to parking, close to lake, etc.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/...read/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.

Yes, a preferred pool view is an upgrade from a preferred room. I believe it's about a $5 per night upgrade.

What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop? We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.

We just got back! We paid for a plain preferred room and got building 5 facing the kiddie pool (that's under construction). We had rooms 5106 and 5107 and it was perfect. Steps away from the main pool but not right in front to hear any noise. It was also close to AoA (steps to the bridge). We took their bus a couple times from DTD. We would stay in that section again FOR SURE

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I requested the 80's building...that's when my husband and I grew up. Love the 80's!

We have always stayed in the 50's because it is super close to the main building. But we have walked to each section and just love the resort. I am a hotel snob because I grew up with parents that both worked in Hilton and Sheraton hotels, so when we first booked POP in 2011 I was terrified, however the info that Janet and others have provided helped..... Then we got there and while it is not a deluxe hotel, it's Disney and the resort is super Disney and we fell in love with it.

My DD and I are staying the Swan next month and while I am super excited to be going to Disney and being able to walk to Epcot and HS I am going to miss Pop.

And the food court...... I can't say enough about the food court, we have been before I found out I have celiacs and after and we just love the food and the chefs. After going gluten free again I was scared about eating, but I walked in and asked for the chef he came out and asked what I wanted to eat, I said what can I have, he said what do you want..... I didn't realize he could make me almost anything gluten free. We went back to Pop to eat most meals last year, that is how good they were to me. They made me some really cool things, it got to the point I would just say fix what ever you want, it's all so good I will eat it. And they always made my plates so pretty, as if I was in a sit down.

Sorry to go on, but I really can't say enough good things about Pop, we just love it. I feel bad for people who pay for deluxe resorts at Disney! Lol

Thank you so much Janet! :-)

You're welcome...:goodvibes We can plan and talk Disney with you 24/7. Make that time go by fast. :)

and yes, you were right on Key! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: nope...we don't consider it cheating....we all like a great value, right? Different experiences are all good! Sounds like you got a great rate at the Swan. :thumbsup2

GF: Sure the chefs will be able to accomdate you GF needs. I have another friend who has to have GF for her kids and she said all the chefs are great to deal with (they love the babycakes in DTD). :goodvibes

We will be there Sept 21-28, hope to see you there

Awesome! Another Fall Popper :thumbsup2 Hope you are hitting up MNSSHP. It'a a blast!

POP is SO much fun! Your kids should love it! :cool1:

I requested the 80's building...that's when my husband and I grew up. Love the 80's!

Love the Pac-Man (and who can resist Roger Rabbit??) :) We like bldg 9. :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter