• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

We have 2 rooms booked for this summer. Does anyone know if the connecting door can stay open between the 2 rooms or does it shut itself? The kids will be in the other room but I wanted to keep the door open during our stay.

Thanks!:)

There would be 2 doors-each room can lock the connecting door. They do no swing shut. I had connecting rooms in Jan 12-we kept the doors ajar not open but I think you could keep them completely open if you wanted to.:thumbsup2

Hi,

We have 2 rooms booked for this summer. Does anyone know if the connecting door can stay open between the 2 rooms or does it shut itself? The kids will be in the other room but I wanted to keep the door open during our stay.

Yes you can keep them open the entire time if you choose to :)

There would be 2 doors-each room can lock the connecting door. They do no swing shut. I had connecting rooms in Jan 12-we kept the doors ajar not open but I think you could keep them completely open if you wanted to.:thumbsup2

Yes you can keep them open the entire time if you choose to :)

Thanks so much! I am requesting connecting, lake view 50's or 60's. We had a lakeview room at AoA earlier this month & it was so peaceful!

Thanks again!

Has anyone tried asking for a stepstool at POP? In a different resort's thread someone mentioned getting a stepstool brought to their room to make it easier for little kids to use the sink and toilet. DS and I will survive without it, but it would definitely be nice to have...

I've requested one for my Gram to get into bed easier and it worked out fine, might take a couple of requests though.

http://www.amazon.com/Folding-Stool-9-In-Blue/dp/B0068R9D6Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_3 We were able to find something exactly like this at a dollar store that was easy to fold up and bring in the bottom of the luggage.

We will be going back in May and really lok forward to it. We also like to look over Hourglass lake and some of the best pictures I've ever taken at WDW are in the morning looking out over it. More than a few mornings I have seen hot air balloons going over POP. Very pretty. :surfweb:

Thanks so much! I am requesting connecting, lake view 50's or 60's. We had a lakeview room at AoA earlier this month & it was so peaceful!

Thanks again!

I requested a lake view 50's room too. I don't mind walking for 2 extra minutes to get my POP Waffles or ride a Disney bus when the trade off is peace, a less heavily used room and excellent water views ( that would cost millions to enjoy here in So Cal).

'Sides. The only purpose my room serves is to sleep and shower...and fall asleep to the fun resort ad loops on everything you can do at WDW.

8 more days until my very first WDW trip. It still hasn't "hit" me yet? Is that weird?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I am so excited I cannot contain myself, we will be at POP in 5 days for the first time ever!!!! Any last minute advice?

Can you ask housekeeping for a small in room coffee maker? Also do they sell milk in the shop in quarts?

kad517 said:
Can you ask housekeeping for a small in room coffee maker? Also do they sell milk in the shop in quarts?

No, there are no in room coffee makers available from housekeeping. They will allow you to bring your own small one though if you'd like.
I don't recall seeing milk for sale in quarts...it is available in half gallon jug and like a 16oz size.

I do not believe they have in room coffee makers available at any of the value resorts.

You can get a 2 quart container (1/2 gallon) of milk. They also have the single serving sizes of milk (1/2 pint?).

I do not believe they have in room coffee makers available at any of the value resorts.

You can get a quart (1/2 gallon) of milk. They also have the single serving sizes of milk (1/2 pint?).

2 quarts are half a gallon, not 1. :thumbsup2

You're right. I was making the edit as you posted this. You're too darn fast! Now my error will live forever.

I saw you changed it after I posted. It's ok though, I had to look it up to make sure I was right about it. Conversions are not my thing! :lmao:

Hi,

You can definitely keep the doors open -- we always do. Depending on the ages of your kids, you might want to hang something over the top of the door (I used a towel) to prevent the kids from closing the door all the way. The doors can only be opened from one side, so if the kids would close the door from their room, *they* would have to open it. I always used the deadbolt lock on their exterior door so there was no way for me to get in their room from the outside. I was afraid that they would close the interior door and I wouldn't be able to get in their room, so I made sure they couldn't close their door.

Hi everyone! We are heading to POP on Tuesday with our 2 boys. Hubby and I stayed here last year for our 10 year anniversary without the kids but liked it so much, are returning this year WITH them!

We always have breakfast in the room (we are on the QSDP) since none of us are huge breakfast eaters. We will be bringing some cereal with us and buying some milk and a loaf of bread from the food court. My question is, do they have the little packages of peanut butter and jam in the food court that we could use? I think we brought a small jar of PB 2 years ago but if I can avoid doing that this year I want to!

Getting sooooooo excited!!! Off to pack now! :cool1:

Hi everyone! We are heading to POP on Tuesday with our 2 boys. Hubby and I stayed here last year for our 10 year anniversary without the kids but liked it so much, are returning this year WITH them!

We always have breakfast in the room (we are on the QSDP) since none of us are huge breakfast eaters. We will be bringing some cereal with us and buying some milk and a loaf of bread from the food court. My question is, do they have the little packages of peanut butter and jam in the food court that we could use? I think we brought a small jar of PB 2 years ago but if I can avoid doing that this year I want to!

Getting sooooooo excited!!! Off to pack now! :cool1:

I will be there with my 2 daughters on Wednesday and we are on QSDP, I'm bringing a box of cereal also. I heard there are peanut butter packets in the food court

Received our mickey mail!!! It is getting closer, only 32 days away. This is our second trip to Pop. Last time we stayed in the 90's building and I was fine with that but DH wanted preferred pool view this time so we will see how loud and crazy that is, I am sure DD 10 and DD 8 will love how close we are to the main pool!

I will be there with my 2 daughters on Wednesday and we are on QSDP, I'm bringing a box of cereal also. I heard there are peanut butter packets in the food court
They have peanut butter behind the register and they are not free. Jelly/jam is out by the condiments section.

Was just reading a food blog from 2011 and the peanut butter packets at Pop were 50 cents. I was going to start complaining to myself until I read that if you pay more money and stay at Wilderness Lodge they are free. I think 50 cents is a bargain. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter