POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skippy makes Peanut Butter To Go packs, one of these is good for 2-3 sandwiches for us. We'll be bringing them when we check in a week from now!

My question is, do they have the little packages of peanut butter and jam in the food court that we could use? I think we brought a small jar of PB 2 years ago but if I can avoid doing that this year I want to!

Pack the jar -- there are no PB packets, only the jam. We always pack a jar and then load up on the jam packets.

Mickey mail came today, but apparently they want my husband to stay home! :lmao: Should I call them and let them know I only received the ME & tags for myself or is there a chance his are still coming (we are leaving on two different days)?

Mickey mail came today, but apparently they want my husband to stay home! :lmao: Should I call them and let them know I only received the ME & tags for myself or is there a chance his are still coming (we are leaving on two different days)?

You should call. If you are both on the reservation, the DME tags should be together.

Also check the DME vouchers and tags -- they are sending one tag per person, so if you have two tags, that might be covering both of you. Also, the lead guest name may appear on all tags, followed by the other guest(s).

You should call. If you are both on the reservation, the DME tags should be together.

Also check the DME vouchers and tags -- they are sending one tag per person, so if you have two tags, that might be covering both of you. Also, the lead guest name may appear on all tags, followed by the other guest(s).

Yes- that is what I had seen before, but this time there is just one tag with my name twice and he isn't listed in the ME booklet either. I'll call! :goodvibes

Surprise Last Minute Trip to POP!!! Checking in on May 6 to see DD!! How could I not go when rooms are 60% off??!! DD is gonna have to look at getting a perrmanent job with Disney when her CP is over so we can keep these discounts! This is my third trip to WDW this year and I'm loving it! :)

Surprise Last Minute Trip to POP!!! Checking in on May 6 to see DD!! How could I not go when rooms are 60% off??!! DD is gonna have to look at getting a perrmanent job with Disney when her CP is over so we can keep these discounts! This is my third trip to WDW this year and I'm loving it! :)

Awesome! We will be at POP that week too. The 2nd to the 8th. Couldn't resist DH's CM discount either.

mkissa said:
Awesome! We will be at POP that week too. The 2nd to the 8th. Couldn't resist DH's CM discount either.

Then I come back with younger DD less than a month later to celebrate her graduation from high school! We are staying 11 nights for that trip! Good thing we have APs! LOL!! (That will put me at 33 nights at POP so far just this year!!)

I feel so lost and out touch with all things Disney. For having gone to Disney almost every year since my kids were born, we decided last year and this year to do something different (last year we went to Denver, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming).

In an effort to get back in touch and prepare for when we can start planning for our summer 2014 vacation I'm jumping back in with both feet. Whew to I have a lot to catch up on.

Two things that stick out to me, is that Pop now has refrigerators and free wi-fi? Did I read that wrong? I'm so excited about both and it's a nice touch!! What else have I missed?

MelanieC said:
I feel so lost and out touch with all things Disney. For having gone to Disney almost every year since my kids were born, we decided last year and this year to do something different (last year we went to Denver, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming).

In an effort to get back in touch and prepare for when we can start planning for our summer 2014 vacation I'm jumping back in with both feet. Whew to I have a lot to catch up on.

Two things that stick out to me, is that Pop now has refrigerators and free wi-fi? Did I read that wrong? I'm so excited about both and it's a nice touch!! What else have I missed?

Yes, all POP rooms now have a fridge (although I wouldn't say they are free since the rates really went up to account for these added items, IMO!!) It does not have a freezer section and if it doesn't feel cool enough turn the control down to make it colder. And yes there is 'free' wifi. The wifi is better is some areas of the hotel than others. I have had good luck consistently at the food court and by the hippy dippy pool and even by the bowling pin pool. I have had spotty reception at times in my rooms in bldg 3 and bldg 5 on my last several trips. HTH!!!

Yes, all POP rooms now have a fridge (although I wouldn't say they are free since the rates really went up to account for these added items, IMO!!) It does not have a freezer section and if it doesn't feel cool enough turn the control down to make it colder. And yes there is 'free' wifi. The wifi is better is some areas of the hotel than others. I have had good luck consistently at the food court and by the hippy dippy pool and even by the bowling pin pool. I have had spotty reception at times in my rooms in bldg 3 and bldg 5 on my last several trips. HTH!!!

It does - if I can't get my request at least I can rest easy knowing the wifi is better maybe! :rotfl2:

Remember: the higher the floor, the best wi-fi signal you will get. Antennae are all over the roofs... And by the pools, the signal is not blocked... Open spaces are the best!!!

FWIW - We had great wi-fi there a week and a half ago. We were in Building 3, ground floor. The room faced a bunch of trees/ towards the parking lot with the lake to the left. I used it on my laptop and DS14 on his i-pod touch. Never had a problem. He had surprisingly good service in the parks too. (We went to Epcot, MK and AK).

Does Pop have hair dryers in the rooms? I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I can't seem to find a recent answer. I'm really trying not to bring mine with me if I don't need to. Thanks!

Does Pop have hair dryers in the rooms? I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I can't seem to find a recent answer. I'm really trying not to bring mine with me if I don't need to. Thanks!
They have hair dryers, but most people think they are not very powerful. If you have long or thick hair, you might want to bring one from home.

I can't believe it is only 30 days til our vacation! I really can't wait to check in to Pop! We loved it the last time we stayed there and the kids were super excited we are staying there again!

SmallWorld71 said:
FWIW - We had great wi-fi there a week and a half ago. We were in Building 3, ground floor. The room faced a bunch of trees/ towards the parking lot with the lake to the left. I used it on my laptop and DS14 on his i-pod touch. Never had a problem. He had surprisingly good service in the parks too. (We went to Epcot, MK and AK).

Oh how ironic!! I was in bldg 3 ground flr but was on the end closest to bldg 4... I return in a week, I'll be curious to see how it is then! I have requested the same location and DD is going to talk to the room assigner when she stops by the front desk to show her cast ID which she has to do prior to my checkin in order for me to get her cast member room rate. Hopefully, it will work out! :)

Erinmc3 said:

They are AWFUL!! I would bring your own from home if you are the least bit fussy about your hair. It is well worth the space it takes up in your luggage, IMO!!

Hi fellow 'Poppers'! We are set to arrive at Pop in just 28 days and I was wondering if I could get some room request help? I did online check in and put in 3 requests. Ground floor, Lake view, 60's section. I only paid for a standard room, but I'd love to be in the 60's section close to the pools. I know that I'll be on the back side facing the lake if I get the 60's section request and that's fine. Can I or should I call in with my requests as well? I wish that I wouldn't have checked that I wanted first floor, as having the 60's section is the most important to me at this point, but it won't let me undo that option. Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter