• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest for reservations looking into off times. I know that eating after 2pm for lunch isn't ideal. But maybe you could get some of the places you would like to eat.

Thanks Kelly for the quick reply & advice :goodvibes! I think we're going to go to QS for lunch & TS for dinner. I've gotten a Biergarten & Wispering Canyon reservations thus far. I really want Ohana, and not sure what to do for HS day as I'm not crazy:scared1: about TS options at HS ( other that Brown Derby, but it's 2 TS credits). I thought about taking boat over to Epcot area hotels & dine there. :confused3

Hi! :goodvibes Welcome to the POP FAQ Thread!! :hippie: As Kelly suggested, look for off meal times… also perhaps consider booking a signature meal (uses 2 TS credits). Try a TS for lunch time or book the last breakfast time...... For dinner at O’hanas there is always a line for walk ups (probably other restaurants have this too)…and the line does move. If you are willing to chance it get there between 5-6pm. We love O'hanas!

Remember to keep checking availability, at the 45 day mark people do cancel…. You are a little over 50 days yourself so keep a close watch. You can often find more availability at the resort restaurants over the parks (with the exception of MK resorts, which are very popular, but still possible.)

The BB from January covers the following 2013 dates (only listing the remaining dates).... Values 25%; mods 30%, deluxe/deluxe villas 35%

8/4-10/5/13,
10/20-11/02/13
11/17-11/23/13
11/30-12/4/13
12/15-12/19/13

On the AP, if you believe you will be returning and plan on having several parks days then consider one. Don’t do it for future discounts. Often times the GP mirrors the AP deals (AP a few percentages higher).. Right now the BB is very good, so be sure to book something before you check out if you believe you may be returning.

At POP, take a stroll down memory lane by the lake, many interesting facts/fun trivia to be seen on the signs on the path.... check out the lobby and look at the shadow boxes, it’s fun to look back and see the fads and news from way back in time!! You can stop by the lobby and do the hustle at 6pm. :goodvibes.

P.S. Congrats to your DH on his recent graduation and his new job! :cool1:

Thanks Janet B with the warm welcome, the congrats to DH & great advice!! :thumbsup2

I really want ohana, but why is it that when I try to book Ohana for 2 people there are no reservations, but when I put in 3 or 4 there's room? I feel like I'm being penalized for being a small party! Is this nuts? :crazy2: I'm totaling taking your advice to look at 45 day mark! I am looking daily. We're pretty flexible for any dinner time there!

For the bounce back I think we're considering the end of Oct, we've never been to MNSSHP nor Food & Wine Festival!

As for APs I really having been considering it to save $ on tickets, didn't really think of AP room discount, but that would be bonus. I should've also told you more of my back story:-)lmao: lol! You're going to get sick of my stories!). We were originally going to have a fall vacation with my extended family, but it was postponed because my SIL recently found out she's pregnant & due during original trip. So if all works out I'd go w/ my aunt in may, DH in fall & whole family in spring! This would be total dream 3times in a 12 mo period!!!

Can anyone tell me about how long the bus rides will take to the different parks? We're planning to go for RD at each morning. It is 8am for EMH days and 9am for all others during our stay. For an 8am RD what time will we need to leave?

Thanks for your help!

So excited! I was able to book my ADRs yesterday for my October trip! Breakfast at The Wave, late lunch at Biergarten, and dinner at Be Our Guest. Tried to get breakfast at Trails End but the online reservation system kept giving me an error. Guess I'll just keep trying or give them a call.

Now I have to call and book a Key to the Kingdom Tour. :goodvibes

Can anyone tell me about how long the bus rides will take to the different parks? We're planning to go for RD at each morning. It is 8am for EMH days and 9am for all others during our stay. For an 8am RD what time will we need to leave?

Thanks for your help!

The actual bus ride from Pop to the various parks is about 15 to 22 minutes (give or take). We are RD people, too. I like to be at the bus stop about 45 minutes before the park opens. We're frequently among the first to go through the turnstiles. Sometimes that means you have a wait before you can get through the turnstiles, but that first hour is worth getting up early for.

From the stop at Pop, you may board a bus immediately, or you could be waiting 20 minutes (though I've never waited that long for a major park bus). Then you'll have a walk from the drop spot to the park entrance. That walk can vary a lot. Epcot, in particular, can be quite a distance from the bus drop to the entrance. Some bus drivers, especially first thing in the morning, will be able to drop guests closer to the entrance. That will NOT be where you'll be picked up for the return ride to the resort, though.

So excited! I was able to book my ADRs yesterday for my October trip! Breakfast at The Wave, late lunch at Biergarten, and dinner at Be Our Guest. Tried to get breakfast at Trails End but the online reservation system kept giving me an error. Guess I'll just keep trying or give them a call.

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is great. I wanted to point out that guests must be 16 years old and have valid photo id to do the tour. It looks like your kids are 11 and 15, so they wouldn't be able to do that tour. There are other tours that younger people can do. Once my DD turned 16, we were able to do the Keys to the Kingdom and the Backstage Magic tours and they were fabulous.

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is great. I wanted to point out that guests must be 16 years old and have valid photo id to do the tour. It looks like your kids are 11 and 15, so they wouldn't be able to do that tour. There are other tours that younger people can do. Once my DD turned 16, we were able to do the Keys to the Kingdom and the Backstage Magic tours and they were fabulous.

Thanks for the info but only my husband and I are going on the trip. :cool1:

I'm excited to be staying here in October for 9 days! A friend recommended POP. This thread is so helpful!

For the first part of your question, here's my estimates for the actual bus rides themselves, not the wait or any other factors:

HS: 5-7 minutes
EP: 7-10 minutes
AK: 10-15 minutes
MK: 15-20 minutes

It's here, it's here!!! Finally the day has come!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and soon I will be "home" again!! Can't wait and I know I won't be able to sleep tonight!! LOL

:cool1::cool1::banana::wizard:

We love it there and will continue to go to enjoy it! The people, theme, food and buses are great!:thumbsup2 Have a lot of fun! Hope you have good weather!:surfweb:

Heading over for a quick stay tonight. :) Happy to take any pictures or answer any questions! :) My kids love POP so we decided to spend a night as a reward from my girls getting great report cards.

Hi everyone :wave2:, my boyfriend and I will be heading to POP in August :cool1:. I have a question that may end up being super silly, but I wasn't really sure about it. How do I add a request to our reservation? Do I wait until check in or can I add it beforehand? Last time we went to Disney we kind of just winged that kind of thing because we were staying at the Dolphin and we weren't really worried about room views, location, etc. Also, if anyone has any suggestions about buildings and stuff they would also be greatly appreciated! We're new to POP so we're not too sure about anything there really! Thank you!!

Hello,

WE are heading back to Disney in September. Staying at AKL for most of our trip, but looking to stay a few extra days after our cruise. We have generally stayed at All-Star Music when we re only going to be at Disney for a few days. But, several people lately have told me how much better Pop Century was. Can anyone tell me the the differences between the two other than Pop Century is newer?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hello,

WE are heading back to Disney in September. Staying at AKL for most of our trip, but looking to stay a few extra days after our cruise. We have generally stayed at All-Star Music when we re only going to be at Disney for a few days. But, several people lately have told me how much better Pop Century was. Can anyone tell me the the differences between the two other than Pop Century is newer?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

I've stayed at both.
I don't think there really is a big difference when you come right down to it; not enough to sway me to change if I really wanted to stay at one or the other.
A few minor differences:
1) The theming! Our family prefers the theming at POP. But, we also like the Jazz section at Music.
2) The food court - I think Disney improved the design of the food courts as they went along. I like the seating area best at POP, followed by Movies, then Music, then Sports. But, it's not something I base a vaca on and had no problems dining at Sports.
3) the buses - I have never understood the drama I see on these boards about the All-Stars sharing buses. They don't always share and even when they do, it takes a lot less time to get from one All Star to another then it does when riding the deluxe buses from one resort to the next. That said, it is nice not to have to make any extra stops and this is a luxury only POP and AOA can offer.
4) size - Music is smaller, less rooms means less people; but POP does have a good layout which makes it seem smaller than it is and there are 3 pools instead of two to compensate. But, I have seen people who always stay at the All Stars complain about size when they try POP.

Hi everyone :wave2:, my boyfriend and I will be heading to POP in August :cool1:. I have a question that may end up being super silly, but I wasn't really sure about it. How do I add a request to our reservation? Do I wait until check in or can I add it beforehand? Last time we went to Disney we kind of just winged that kind of thing because we were staying at the Dolphin and we weren't really worried about room views, location, etc. Also, if anyone has any suggestions about buildings and stuff they would also be greatly appreciated! We're new to POP so we're not too sure about anything there really! Thank you!!

Hi Becky! You can call to add a request to your reservation now, if you wish. You can also wait and enter requests when you do online check-in. At that time, you may request a particular decade, Lakeview, ground floor, or something else that I'm not remembering. Online, you can choose up to two requests. I love Lakeview rooms as I find they are quieter. We've been assigned to the 1950s and 1970s for Lakeview and liked both. Take a look at the property map and see if anything appeals to you We've also gone to pop with no requests and were happy with our room assignment. If you're okay going with the flow, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I thought you could not make adrs until 90 days out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter