POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Pop now.... Checked in yesterday for long weekend trip. Never stayed value before and I have to say I'm impressed. The room is tiny but very clean and comfortable. I requested 60s - paid for standard and was upgraded to preferred. Very close to everything. Not facing pool and the room is very quiet. Have heard sone toilets flushing but ver little noise.

DS13 loves the arcade and was thrilled with ping pong table by pool.

We haven't had a meal at food court but have refilled our mugs.... Always busy in there.

Also we have had great bus luck so far...... Longest wait about 8 mins.

I'll post more when I get home but just wanted to say how much we are enjoying Pop.

We are at Pop now.... Checked in yesterday for long weekend trip. Never stayed value before and I have to say I'm impressed. The room is tiny but very clean and comfortable. I requested 60s - paid for standard and was upgraded to preferred. Very close to everything. Not facing pool and the room is very quiet. Have heard sone toilets flushing but ver little noise.

DS13 loves the arcade and was thrilled with ping pong table by pool.

We haven't had a meal at food court but have refilled our mugs.... Always busy in there.

Also we have had great bus luck so far...... Longest wait about 8 mins.

I'll post more when I get home but just wanted to say how much we are enjoying Pop.

Nice to hear you are enjoying your stay. Having great bus service speaks volumes. We were at the MK yesterday and it was very crowded.

I see that the kiddie pool will be closed for refurb 2/19-3/15. Does anyone know if this will only effect the kiddie pool area or will it also effect Hippity Dippity Pool and the nightly movie. Thanks

I'd really like to get a fireworks view, my kids love fireworks :) and I heard 50s section 4th floor lake view is best. When doing online checkin they only allow you 2 requests. So should I request 50s lake view and hope for 4th floor, or 4th floor lake view and hope for 50s???

Popping back into this thread with good news! My husband surprised me for my birthday yesterday by giving me the go ahead to plan another trip! We're waiting for the days to be approved by his boss yet, but with any luck we'll be going back to POP on May 4th - 11th! Keep your fingers crossed for me! :hyper:

I also had a question about the Child's Breakfast Platter at Everything POP! Can anyone tell me what comes with it and how large the portions are? The adult meals are sometimes too much food for me, but I want to make sure the child's portion is going to be enough, KWIM?

Thanks!

We r here now too- busses to and from the park have been fine- however we are in the 90s and there are large groups and it has not been pleasant. We are in a group floor, last room on the building- there busses have been consistently parked at our end at te curb-- on and off throughout the day. They have been times out windows have been knocked on. I have really tried to be positive and remind myself where I am but this weekend had been a huge letdown:(

I got a kids breakfast when i was just there. The one i got was 2 mickey waffles 2 pieces of bacon grapes and i got chocolate milk.

Popping back into this thread with good news! My husband surprised me for my birthday yesterday by giving me the go ahead to plan another trip! We're waiting for the days to be approved by his boss yet, but with any luck we'll be going back to POP on May 4th - 11th! Keep your fingers crossed for me! :hyper:

:bday:I'll be at Pop 5/3 - 5/11 with DD whose bday is tomorrow celebrating my bday 5/6.:)

I also had a question about the Child's Breakfast Platter at Everything POP! Can anyone tell me what comes with it and how large the portions are? The adult meals are sometimes too much food for me, but I want to make sure the child's portion is going to be enough, KWIM?

Thanks!

When we were there in October 2012, I had the childs breakfast platter and it was perfect for me. When I had eggs, it also came with a ham strip, grapes, and childs beverage.

When I had the mickey waffle, I got strawberry sauce, ham strip and childs beverage.

The ham strip was better than any bacon that Disney puts on an adult breakfast platter.

Enjoy!

:bday:I'll be at Pop 5/3 - 5/11 with DD whose bday is tomorrow celebrating my bday 5/6.:)

Thank you! I turned 40 yesterday, so a WDW surprise trip helped to dull the pain! :laughing:

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Want to know something funny? The trip was a gift for my birthday, but we'll be arriving on my husband's birthday, which is 5/4! :lmao:

When we were there in October 2012, I had the childs breakfast platter and it was perfect for me. When I had eggs, it also came with a ham strip, grapes, and childs beverage.

When I had the mickey waffle, I got strawberry sauce, ham strip and childs beverage.

The ham strip was better than any bacon that Disney puts on an adult breakfast platter.

Enjoy!

Ooh thank you for this info - exactly what I was looking for! Did you ask for eggs instead of the waffle and then it automatically came with the ham strip and grapes? And if you asked for the waffle it came with the sauce? Or were these at separate stations?

Sorry to bombard you! :blush: Thanks in advance!

Thank you! I turned 40 yesterday, so a WDW surprise trip helped to dull the pain! :laughing:

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Want to know something funny? The trip was a gift for my birthday, but we'll be arriving on my husband's birthday, which is 5/4! :lmao:

40 was easy but 50 was tough. There was lots of turmoil at work which made it tougher. It sure helped going BWI with a couple of girl friends in a club level room.:rotfl:

Too funny about your DH bday.

Maybe I'll make DD Mickey waffles for breakfast tomorrow.:mickeyjum

Viator80 said:
I'd really like to get a fireworks view, my kids love fireworks :) and I heard 50s section 4th floor lake view is best. When doing online checkin they only allow you 2 requests. So should I request 50s lake view and hope for 4th floor, or 4th floor lake view and hope for 50s???

Anyone have a clue?

There isn't anything else similar at Pop and the main pools don't have any zero entry or shallow areas suitable for a two year old to walk in.

I don't know for sure but I'd say there's a good chance Disney will be allowing Pop guests to use the splash pad area at AoA instead, as they tend to make those kinds of arrangements when amenities aren't available like this. If it's not obviously available, it can't hurt to ask. All the pools and the splash pad at AoA are inside gated areas so they would need to have some kind of special access allowed / an open gate or something.

Thanks. Hopefully they make arrangements to let us in at A of A, our toddler is fiercely independent and would much rather run around in a splash pad then be held in a pool!

Thanks to all the PP! You've made our decision a little easier. We have chosen Pop for our very first trip. We can't wait for June!

Ooh thank you for this info - exactly what I was looking for! Did you ask for eggs instead of the waffle and then it automatically came with the ham strip and grapes? And if you asked for the waffle it came with the sauce? Or were these at separate stations?

When I got the waffles they came plain, but I observed them putting strawberry sauce on someone else's so I asked for it. I think the waffle also came with two strawberries.

The waffles and eggs were at separate stations.

Makes me smile just thinking about those great breakfasts.

I think each station has different kids meals available. Check the menus on allears.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter