POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

We checked in last night- staying in the 90s. Needless to say never again-- we haven't stayed at pop in 4 years and have already been reminded why. There is a large group of foreigners- I have no clue what nationality they are- last night after 1030 a huge group came by and decided knocking on our window and screaming at the top of their lungs was appropriate for that time of day. I picked up to call front desk but they left and I have no clue where they went. If we weren't here but just for the weekend I would def be at that front desk

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Coyotesweat

Coyotesweat Mouseketeer

Thanks! Too bad the app doesn't work for that. I'll jot stuff down; if I forget (due to more than one fufu drink), ill drop by the desk and ask.

Katie

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go

What do the mugs in the food court look like? Are they the same ones they had last January? Do they have cips in them yet?

5. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Same beach scene for now. No chips.

6. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

There isn't anything else similar at Pop and the main pools don't have any zero entry or shallow areas suitable for a two year old to walk in.

I don't know for sure but I'd say there's a good chance Disney will be allowing Pop guests to use the splash pad area at AoA instead, as they tend to make those kinds of arrangements when amenities aren't available like this. If it's not obviously available, it can't hurt to ask. All the pools and the splash pad at AoA are inside gated areas so they would need to have some kind of special access allowed / an open gate or something.

7. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Interesting!
    Not saying it didn't happen to you, and BTW it is a Brazilian tour group, but I have been here since 1/12 and am in the 50's (bldg 3close to 4) and haven't been impacted by them at the hotel at all. I did have a large crowd of them on the bus to DTD one night but that's it. Haven't seen them other than that and I've been at the resort quite a bit this trip...way more than usual. I don't leave until the 23rd. Sorry for your negative experience.

8. VeronicaBride

VeronicaBride Earning My Ears

Silly question, but if we check in on Feb 1st - what day can I do the online registration?

9. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

You should be able to do online check in now. It was changed from 10 days to 60 days recently. I checked in for my trip that starts 3/3/13 and I did online check in last week.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. VeronicaBride

VeronicaBride Earning My Ears

What is the link to do online check in again?

11. Jaco5nc

Jaco5nc Excited about our Upcoming Trip

We are checking in on the 3rd of February which is the day of The Superbowl:-). Is there anywhere to watch other then in our room? I apologize if this has already been asked...

12. 2goofykiddos

2goofykiddos Budding Disney addict

I am subscribing as I am trying to fit in one more trip on our APs. Right now we are booked at Pop, but are still considering off-site, especially now that the Kiddie pool is being refurbished. We have never stayed at Pop, will this include the splash area? How comfortable and clean are the rooms. We stayed at CBR a few weeks ago for just one night and it seemed dingy and dirty. Love to hear your thoughts! Also do like that I can use TIW at the food court!

13. MyKidsMom1820

MyKidsMom1820 Mouseketeer

So excited!! we called tonight to compare the price of switching to a mermaid room at AoA (which I always want to call IOA does anyone else do this?) ultimately we stayed at pop since we had a PIN and we are super frugal so it didn't make sense for us to switch. I will want to take a stroll through to check out the AoA tho. I was thinking about requesting first floor too, we will have a stroller for our 2 yr old, but then since we r driving we will probably just leave it in the car.

how old is your DD? mine is 7, 8 in July. Also we have 2 boys who will be 6 and 2 when we go.

14. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

You go to www.disneyworld.com and click on "my reservations" to pull up your reservation. If you reserved before the new website, you might need to add the reservation. It should provide a hotlink to do check in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

15. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

I have rarely had a problem with Mousekeeping and when I have they have addressed it quickly & efficiently and it has never been a serious problem to begin with. This trip my mousekeeper has been incredible!! I get towel animals and she asks if I need anything extra when I see her. She's like DCL quality IMO!! Just no turn down service, LOL!!! I would be thrilled to get back in her section again in the future!

16. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

The CMs at POP are topnotch! :thumbsup2 Although I'm sorry you had food poisioning, it is heartwarming to read that the CMs (once again) went out of their way to bring a little bit of sunshine to all of you. :)

In all our POP stays, we have never had issues with our room or housekeeping. In fact last August, our mousekeeper, Marieli, was terrific -- she went out of her way with my DD and my young niece, going as far as teaching them towel animals 101. :goodvibes

Katie, you have a great attitude! For sure your POP stay will be magical and wonderful!! :goodvibes

Sorry for your negative experience. It's a shame people can't be considerate of thoughtul of others. We were just in Disney over marathon weekend and noticed several tour groups in the parks. It was our first time visiting in January, and I'm told that tour groups are common at this time.

Do hope your next Disney stay will be more to your liking. :goodvibes

17. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Pop's Petals bar should be showing the game... also ESPN but suspect that would be a madhouse.

18. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Hi stichlovestink :wave2:... happy to read that you having a good time. So often this happens that one came be at the same resort and have totally different experiences. If not a tour group (and by the way, I'm not putting down tour groups, sure there are plenty that are considerate of others) it could be a loud obnoxious family next door to you.

Enjoy and have fun!! So wish I were back in my other "world". :goodvibes

19. ImpossibleOfMe

ImpossibleOfMe Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked before!

Since the new system does not allow for requests when making the ressie (if it does, I sure couldn't/can't find it) when would be a good time to call and put in my bldg request?
    Also, can I specify 'fireworks view' or does it need to be bldg and lake view?

We are I believe 35 days out - res/deposit has been made via wdw.com.

Thanks!!

20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can make requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

I have found it best to word your request to explain what you are looking for exactly. Like close to pool or facing lake.

21. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

As dansdad stated, it is best to be concise within what the schedulers can process. Suggest, lakeview, upper floor, 50s or 6os ...since Illuminations is best seen from the upper floors of bldgs 2, 3, & 4.

Just double checking as well that you are holding a standard room, as a lakeview room falls under this category. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.