• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make a request when I booked and online check-in is not working.

Are they accommodating of room requests at check-in time? I'm not too picky, I just want 60's, 80's or 90's and I don't want 40's or 50's. What are my chances?

It's recommended to add any room requests to your reservation either when you book, or any time up until 3-4 days prior to your arrival. During online check-in is not the time to make room requests. At least with the old Site, the new one may be different.

The new site asks which section you prefer, if you want ground floor, pack and play or near transport or lakeview. I think you can select 2.

It's been awhile!

We just got back from our Dec. 16-23rd trip on Monday! We stayed at AOA one night and then Pop Century for the rest of the week. We booked standard but we were placed in the 4th building on the very end near the lake RIGHT beside the bridge to AOA. We made that trip a lot. This was our 4th? time back at Pop and I cannot get over how much I love it, I have to say that I would choose it over LMS rooms. Food court was great, walk to the food court was great, view was great, wifi was great, crowds were great, it was just fabulous. I want to go back now! :goodvibes

Welcome back! Happy that you had a wonderful time! Your room location at POP was great ....Depending on if you were on the backside or facing the courtyard and bridge would determine if it was a standard or preferred room, but no matter it is a terrific location! We stayed in Bldg 4 in August, right around the corner from the elevators on the second floor, and we loved it. :)

We might try to stay a night or two at AOA, just to experience the resort and pool, but then move over to POP, as you did, for the rest of our stay.

Arrived this morning at 7am. Our room wasnt ready but they had one available by 815. Its in building 8, original room was going to be in building 9. Its our first stay here, we normally stay at sports.

:woohoo: A first timer at POP!! Hope you have an amazing time. But sure to check out the resort grounds and the lobby shadow boxes!! :cool1:

Are they accommodating of room requests at check-in time? I'm not too picky, I just want 60's, 80's or 90's and I don't want 40's or 50's. What are my chances?

Very good, as you are flexible between 3 different areas. As dansdad stated, if you are more than 4 days out, would suggest you make a room request in advance.

I called yesterday and added 2 req and they are just that. It's easier if they know ahead of time vs telling them at check in

:thumbsup2

nw2this said:

They will do their best but it really boils down to how busy the resort is. There isn't a 40's section, so you won't get that. The 50's section is 3 bldgs and is the largest of any section as all the others have only two buildings or possibly even just one. The 60's is pretty popular for requests, but the fact that you want 80's or 90's...I think you won't have a problem getting that as they are the least requested sections. Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

So excited! Booked today at POP for April for 6 nights using the Disney Visa discount. Only $698.40 for the room. I think its a wicked deal. Priced out Port Orleans Riverside at $993.94 and Beach Club at $1,986.06. For the price difference I am very happy to stay at POP. Almost went with Port Orleans, but for the price difference that takes care of my 6 day ticket.

I assume i can order from garden grocer for delivery to pop??:confused3 do I need to inform them of the delivery as I will have to order online from the uk:goodvibes can't wait to visit pop as its our first ever wdw holiday and super excited!! Picked up loads of great tips so thanks guys :wave2:

I assume i can order from garden grocer for delivery to pop??:confused3 do I need to inform them of the delivery as I will have to order online from the uk:goodvibes can't wait to visit pop as its our first ever wdw holiday and super excited!! Picked up loads of great tips so thanks guys :wave2:

When you order it will ask for the info they need. It is pretty basic stuff. Time of day you would like delivery ect.

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi for 4 people from POP to GF? And how long it takes to get there? Trying to plan out an early morning breakfast ;)

Hello everyone! We went to Disney last February and stayed at Pop and loved it! We are now in the early stages of planning our trip for November 2013. We want to be able to experience Christmas in Disney and our daughter's birthday is the 20th, so we want to be down there during that. I am struggling a bit between trying out AOA or POP. We love the food court at Pop, we have a good feel for the place and know what to expect. AOA is getting good reviews but from what I am reading, seems to have some kinks to work out. I'm really hoping for free dining during that time as well, but I know the offers for that won't come out for some time yet. Anyway, I'm a little rambly, but excited to be planning!

Just booked a very last minute solo birthday trip for Jan. 7-11th:cool1::cool1:
I would like to request a king size bed. Do they have them and if so what buildings have them. Thanks!!

Just booked a very last minute solo birthday trip for Jan. 7-11th:cool1::cool1:
I would like to request a king size bed. Do they have them and if so what buildings have them. Thanks!!

Yes, they have them. They are spread out all over, each building has some. So I would make a King bed your first request and then request the building you would like.

dansdad said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RN2disney

Just booked a very last minute solo birthday trip for Jan. 7-11th

Yes, they have them. They are spread out all over, each building has some. So I would make a King bed your first request and then request the building you would like.

there are many more in the standard category versus preferred...FYI
So, if you REALLY want a king room and the resort is busy, I would book a std room versus preferred. JMHO. there aren't very many king rooms that are in the preferred category. And I definitely would Not request a particular bldg if a king is your most important request. I would make thatt your only request.

It looks like the time has come for a lot of us which is great so excited this is my last day to finish packing we leave for Stay park fly hotel this evening and will be flying the friendly skys by this time tomorrow everybody have a wonderful trip.
:banana:
Oh and Happy New Year

SenecaWolf said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RN2disney

Do the rooms have hair dryers?

Yes

BUT IMO they are very poor quality!! I Always brings my own from home because theirs are really that bad! ;)

I've stayed at Pop many times but usually drive, this trip I'll be flying :scared1:

I have received my regular resort packet but no DME tags. Is ths normal or should I call? I've already reserved DME and given them my flight information. I'll be traveling solo, am kind of a heavy packer and would REALLY prefer not to have to lug my cases myself.

My arrival date is 1/26.

Thanks.

I've stayed at Pop many times but usually drive, this trip I'll be flying :scared1:

I have received my regular resort packet but no DME tags. Is ths normal or should I call? I've already reserved DME and given them my flight information. I'll be traveling solo, am kind of a heavy packer and would REALLY prefer not to have to lug my cases myself.

My arrival date is 1/26.

Thanks.

I would call I got my Mickey mail and it had my DME tags in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter