POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question about pop. I believe I read at one point that pop does not allow large group bookings (ie: brazilian tour groups/pop warner size groups). Is this accurate? My wife and I are booked in for a week near the end of january and from what I understand this is peak season for btgs. I also understand that the walls at pop are notoriously thin... I'm sure you can understand my concerns. So does this policy still exist? Did I imagine this policy in the first place?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

quick question about pop. I believe I read at one point that pop does not allow large group bookings (ie: brazilian tour groups/pop warner size groups). Is this accurate? My wife and I are booked in for a week near the end of january and from what I understand this is peak season for btgs. I also understand that the walls at pop are notoriously thin... I'm sure you can understand my concerns. So does this policy still exist? Did I imagine this policy in the first place?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We went to Pop in early Feb last year and there were quite a few Brazillians there (my husband enjoyed the bathing suits...;) We never encountered any large groups waiting for buses or anything though.

emsmommy323 said:
We went to Pop in early Feb last year and there were quite a few Brazillians there (my husband enjoyed the bathing suits...;) We never encountered any large groups waiting for buses or anything though.

I want to say they take their own bus. We went during that same time in Jan at pop and we never saw any at the hotel.

We have 133 more days til our first POP stay!:banana: This is our first May trip as well!
Mom and I are very excited...we are hoping to stay in the 50s or 70s sections.
Hope 133 days goes quickly.....

could anyone please tell me if the TV's at POP have an AV jack where you can plug in a portable DVD player to watch on the TV. Just have my running theme movies I like to watch before I run. Can definitely watch on the portable, but would be easier on the TV. Thanks in Advance. Cant believe I will be there is 5 days. WOW

I was there early last February-I saw quite a few.What I commented to my mother(who used an ECV) about was that they were not very considerate on the walkways,etc.I told her when I am visiting a foreign country I am polite,don't bump into people,leave plenty of room on sidewalks,etc.
I do not remember seeing any large groups of them on the buses we rode.

Hello fellow POPpers! DH and I just switched our reservation to POP for our anniversary in June! We are staying in a pool preferred room. Is it safe to assume we will be in the 60s? :hippie: We would be very excited to be so close to Petals ;)

Hello fellow POPpers! DH and I just switched our reservation to POP for our anniversary in June! We are staying in a pool preferred room. Is it safe to assume we will be in the 60s? :hippie: We would be very excited to be so close to Petals ;)

We were just there in December & had booked a preferred pool view room. It was in the 60's but our first room given was absolutely horrible & not what I paid for. No view whatsoever & as far away from pool, food court, etc. as it could get. Getting it switched was a pain, but eventually it got done.

We were just there in December & had booked a preferred pool view room. It was in the 60's but our first room given was absolutely horrible & not what I paid for. No view whatsoever & as far away from pool, food court, etc. as it could get. Getting it switched was a pain, but eventually it got done.

That's no good! Do you remember where in the 60s where they tried to put you at first?

It would be safe to say yes. But when you are assigned your room make sure you are getting what you paid for. Make sure they don't stick you with 50's facing the pool because that would be the wrong room category. But I'm sure it happens and some people don't know the difference.

KELLY said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindymindy

Hello fellow POPpers! DH and I just switched our reservation to POP for our anniversary in June! We are staying in a pool preferred room. Is it safe to assume we will be in the 60s? We would be very excited to be so close to Petals

It would be safe to say yes. But when you are assigned your room make sure you are getting what you paid for. Make sure they don't stick you with 50's facing the pool because that would be the wrong room category. But I'm sure it happens and some people don't know the difference.

And a 50's pool view is quite lovely and peaceful and most enjoyable! But there is NO way I would pay the most expensive rates for a horribly noisy 60's preferred pool view!!! I'd ALMOST rather be stuck out in the 80's/90's!! ;)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

we will be there for super bowl this year. does anyone know if they will be showing the game. We really dont want to watch it in our room. and the espn club is out of the question! thanks!

And a 50's pool view is quite lovely and peaceful and most enjoyable! But there is NO way I would pay the most expensive rates for a horribly noisy 60's preferred pool view!!! I'd ALMOST rather be stuck out in the 80's/90's!! ;)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Same here you would need to pay me. I prefer the back side of the resort.

could anyone please tell me if the TV's at POP have an AV jack where you can plug in a portable DVD player to watch on the TV. Just have my running theme movies I like to watch before I run. Can definitely watch on the portable, but would be easier on the TV. Thanks in Advance. Cant believe I will be there is 5 days. WOW

I wish I could find some photo evidence for you, but I want to say that yes, the current flat panel TVs in Disney resorts have standard a/v inputs. I know I've seen close-up photos of the inputs but I cannot locate any those photos today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter