POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandi said:
That was me. I asked for it at the AOA guest services desk when we went over there to check things out. The CM had to talk with her manager to ask about it. She said that, because the LM section wasn't done and the whole loop around the lake wasn't open, they weren't printing them off yet. My assumption is that now the whole thing is open, they will have some printed off or will print them for you upon request. They should be able to do that at either Pop's or AOA's guest services desk at reception.

Here is a link to the old Pop trail: http://www.disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailpc.html

If you do get a new trail map, will you please post it? Hope you have loads of fun.

Thank you, Sandi. I will ask about it. I will for sure post it if it's available.

i am looking for room pictures.

the tv stand/ table wall area.

Trying to figure out the difference between POP and CSR for room wise with a stroller/ pack and play etc

I have been through this thread and countless others.. but all i see is the tv stand (no wall on either side)

any pics of the whole bedroom?

Trying to figure out the difference between POP and CSR for room wise with a stroller/ pack and play etc

I have been through this thread and countless others.. but all i see is the tv stand (no wall on either side)

Did you try the Pop Picture thread? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2302772.

Did you try YouTube? There are plenty of videos showing the entire room on YouTube. You could also just Google Pop Century room pictures.

Me and my family are going to Walt Disney in Feb. We usually stay at POR but choose to stay at POP. Can you tell me if there is room for an electric scooter? My dad will be using one and we just hope that there is room. Also we are bringing an air mattress because I read the beds are double size. Will there be room for that also? Can I request a corner room to be sure? HELP PLEASE!! Thanks :):confused3

kmd1974 said:
Me and my family are going to Walt Disney in Feb. We usually stay at POR but choose to stay at POP. Can you tell me if there is room for an electric scooter? My dad will be using one and we just hope that there is room. Also we are bringing an air mattress because I read the beds are double size. Will there be room for that also? Can I request a corner room to be sure? HELP PLEASE!! Thanks :):confused3

There should be room for the scooter when you first enter, between the bed and window. You can put a twin size air mattress on the floor where the table and chairs sit if you move them to the area between the second bed and wall to the bathroom.

FYI: The corner rooms are the same size and layout as the rest of the rooms, so there is no benefit to requesting one.

There is a video of the room layout here http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-value.htm

I'm sure you should be able to find some pictures, however, just the square footage difference between value (Pop) and moderate (CSR) rooms means that CSR will allow more room for the stroller and pack n play in the room.

That said, I've stayed at Pop multiple times with both those items in the room, and we've managed just fine.

The stroller, a Chicco Capri, tends to be parked in front of the window.

At night we put the pack n play in between the two beds. This also lets you drape a blanket over the top to shield light if needed.

With the new sleeker (smaller) TV furniture as of 2010, it now allows room to put the pack n play next to the furniture on the non-table side. The previous older furniture was too big for the pack n play to fit.

Someone already posted a link to a video -- here's a photo gallery of the rooms and the resort:
http://allears.net/acc/g_pop.htm

Not only is wifi free in the room, but all the parks have free wifi too!!!

no way! that's great news! i'm from Canada and our first trip to WDW is coming up Dec 12!!! Woohoo....I have a question re: cell phones and free wifi. i know it costs a fortune if you leave your phone on "roaming" in the US. But my carrier (Sasktel) says as long as there is free wifi you are not charged for its use. (for example, i can use my iphone at the airport on the wifi network without accuring roaming charges)....so i am assuming this is the same at Disney then? It would be great if i could take advantage of the apps that let you know how long the line waits are.

Here at Pop now, everything is great and are room was ready when we arrived at 10:30. Got all of our requests too.

:yay: :welcome: to the POP thread .... lots of fun here .... like your plans to explore the resort (make sure to check out the shadow boxes in the lobby) and if you have time, take a walk over to AoA as well. Great theming at POP and AoA (our unofficial sister resort).

Yes, you may never need to stay off site again .... :)

Thanks... I was also thinking that being 3 hours from WDW and by staying at Pop we could visit more often. :)

Someone mentioned tie-dye cheesecake in another thread. I absolutely looooove cheesecake. :lovestruc I think I'll have to get me some of that. :thumbsup2

Martin

DH, DD4 and DD1 are going to Pop for the 1st time in Feb!! It's our 1st time staying on property and we can't wait!! I know this is a silly question, but are the washers/dryers coin operated? I'm assuming they only take quarters? Thanks!

DH, DD4 and DD1 are going to Pop for the 1st time in Feb!! It's our 1st time staying on property and we can't wait!! I know this is a silly question, but are the washers/dryers coin operated? I'm assuming they only take quarters? Thanks!

You are correct Runrmom. Quarters for the washers and dryers.

Have you all been following the American Airlines issues? That's what we're taking in just over two weeks! The pilot's union is looking at a possible strike! Just what I needed, something else to make me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter