Pop Century Room Renovations

We arrive in 3 weeks and was hoping for a refurb room in the 60s as well. We have a standard booked.... I don’t think my odds are good though

I am so excited for the upgraded beds! I think that is the thing I am looking forward to the most. I stayed at Sports when I was in college, and the beds were just the worst. I've been spoiled by the Deluxe resorts!

We stayed at Pop last night. I booked a standard view through Orbitz a few days ago. Checked in about 6:45 yesterday morning and were given a choice of immediate availability non refurbished room, or a refurbished room later in the day. We took the non refurbished because we really didn't care for the renovations. We were put in building 3, facing the pool. Half of building 3 is under construction, as well as the pool. Didn't really bother us, except for being down to 1 really, really, really slow elevator. Not much noise coming into the room which was good. The room check really did bother us though. It was quite thorough, and the person really couldn't tell us why she was there.

The bus situation seemed better than normal, though we didn't use them.

We stayed at Pop last night. I booked a standard view through Orbitz a few days ago. Checked in about 6:45 yesterday morning and were given a choice of immediate availability non refurbished room, or a refurbished room later in the day. We took the non refurbished because we really didn't care for the renovations. We were put in building 3, facing the pool. Half of building 3 is under construction, as well as the pool.

Can you tell us which parts of building three are under construction? The parts closest to the classic hall or the parts closest to the lake?
Thanks!

Can you tell us which parts of building three are under construction? The parts closest to the classic hall or the parts closest to the lake?
Thanks!

If you're in front of Tramp, looking at the building, it's the left hand wing that's being worked on (closest to classic hall). The right hand wing is open, but not sure about the third side going towards the lake.

I just got the text my room is ready, building #4 in 60's, 4th floor. I requested a refurbished room, hoping it is.
You are the first I have seen in building 4 in some time, it has been closed for a little while now completely (mid Feb?), I am pretty sure you will get a new room!

We arrive in 3 weeks and was hoping for a refurb room in the 60s as well. We have a standard booked.... I don’t think my odds are good though
Unfortunately, you're probably right. There are about (calculated quickly in my head) 1,500 Standard rooms. Only 96 are in the 60s.

I am on the Touring Plans website looking at all of the rooms and their views/time to walk to buses/loudness level etc. What a great way to spend my Sunday!

I just got the text my room is ready, building #4 in 60's, 4th floor. I requested a refurbished room, hoping it is.
Great news! From what I can tell, building 4 has been closed- so you should get a *new, renovated room! How exciting! When you get there, please let us know if all of building 4 has opened up again- or just some of it. Many thanks!

If you're in front of Tramp, looking at the building, it's the left hand wing that's being worked on (closest to classic hall). The right hand wing is open, but not sure about the third side going towards the lake.

Thank you! That is very helpful. I have a preferred room booked, and was trying to figure out if the building three preferred rooms were still open. It looks like they are closed now. I appreciate you taking the time on your trip to update us. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter