Pop Century Room Renovations

I also just noticed, that for my dates Pop isn't showing availability I hope that is either a glitch or due to ramp up of construction/lower inventory and not crazy crowds.

No worries, resort occupancy has little to no affect on park crowds.

We arrived at Pop yesterday around 2:30, our check-in time was 3 so we expected our room to not be ready yet. About 2 hours after we checked in, we still hadn’t received a text so we decided to ask if they had an idea of when it would be ready so we could decide on whether or not to go to Disney Springs for dinner. They said it should be done by 5 but they weren’t sure so we went to DS and got the room ready text at 6! Overall, we still had a great first night! We walked over to AoA in time to see some fireworks from HS!

We are in building 5 with a lake view! I had requested 90s building and 4th floor but didn’t get either of those which is fine. I am in a renovated room and I love it! I especially love all the shelving we have. It’s really nice!

Oooh can you tell me more about watching fireworks from AoA? I was thinking of taking my kids to the Poly to watch from the beach but it's going to be a late night if we do that, and I want them to be ready to get up early for a day at MK the next day...

Oooh can you tell me more about watching fireworks from AoA? I was thinking of taking my kids to the Poly to watch from the beach but it's going to be a late night if we do that, and I want them to be ready to get up early for a day at MK the next day...

We saw a little bit of Epcot’s fireworks, not very much but we did see a good amount of Hollywood Studios! We couldn’t see the lower ones but we could hear the music the whole time and see the higher fireworks! It was pretty cool! Everyone around ended up stopping to watch.

We were facing the parking lot between the lion king and little mermaid buildings! We stood closer to the lion king area but people were lined up in different places amongst the side walk!

Checked in yesterday, we have a standard room in building 5 facing the lake. I had requested this area and then heard it may not be open so I changed my request. Glad they still gave me this area!
You may be the first guest in your refurbished room as it was just yesterday that Bldg 5 was confirmed as open. Glad you got what you wanted. Enjoy your stay!

We check in July 15th and have a Standard Pool View which puts us in buildings 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, or 9. I fully expect buildings 1 and 2 to not be open but w/ them beginning 3...that may be a possibility?

Knowing that we will be using a mixture of Disney transportation and our own vehicle, and will probably eat breakfast at Pop most mornings...what would you recommend for our room request?

We check in July 15th and have a Standard Pool View which puts us in buildings 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, or 9. I fully expect buildings 1 and 2 to not be open but w/ them beginning 3...that may be a possibility?

Knowing that we will be using a mixture of Disney transportation and our own vehicle, and will probably eat breakfast at Pop most mornings...what would you recommend for our room request?

Building 1. It is close to Classic Hall for dining and buses but also close to a parking lot for your car. Second choice would be building 3. Still close to Classic Hall, not as close to the parking lot but still relatively close.

Building 1. It is close to Classic Hall for dining and buses but also close to a parking lot for your car. Second choice would be building 3. Still close to Classic Hall, not as close to the parking lot but still relatively close.
Just a heads up that Building 1 will not be refurbished by July 15th. It will either be open in a non-refurbished state or, closed for refurbishment. There is not a chance that it will be refurbished and re-opened by July 15th.

I don't expect that Building 1 will be done renovating by July 15th. :-(
You're quite correct. Refurbishments are taking between 70 and 90 days to complete and they've barely started building 3. I would recommend looking elsewhere. I think you would want to request Building 9 if you're looking to use your car and also be closer to Classic Hall. It's in the 80's section so you may be placed in building 7 also. Building 7 is close to parking but not close to classic hall. Building 10 might also be an option.

You're quite correct. Refurbishments are taking between 70 and 90 days to complete and they've barely started building 3. I would recommend looking elsewhere. I think you would want to request Building 9 if you're looking to use your car and also be closer to Classic Hall. It's in the 80's section so you may be placed in building 7 also. Building 7 is close to parking but not close to classic hall. Building 10 might also be an option.

I think I might go w/ Building 9 then since it is closer to Classic Hall.

Building 10 doesn't have Standard Pool View rooms so that isn't an option.

Yes, I forgot you had a Standard Pool View room booked. Just a heads up that you are only able to request (online) via a decade (80's, 90's, etc.) so when you request 80's you may be placed in either building 7 or 9. You can call in and request a specific building but as many have shared a request is only a request and not a guarantee.

Yes, I forgot you had a Standard Pool View room booked. Just a heads up that you are only able to request (online) via a decade (80's, 90's, etc.) so when you request 80's you may be placed in either building 7 or 9. You can call in and request a specific building but as many have shared a request is only a request and not a guarantee.

Yup, I get it. It's my first stay at Pop but we have had multiple visits to POR, WL, and YC.

I'm going to do a standard request while checking in online but will also utilize the Touring Plans fax system.

We just stayed in 9. We were close to the end by Classic Hall, could use the stairs on that end and cut across the edge of the parking lot to get to buses quickly. We used that route to get to the food court/gift shop most of the time, as it was faster than the other path behind the building. If you're planning to take the elevator, being close to the center of the building would be a shorter walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter