Pop Century Room Renovations

We have a family trip. Hoping prefferred pool rooms are complete by July 3018. 17 of us are getting 5 rooms this summer

There should be PPV rooms done by then since the rooms in that category in BLDG 5 are almost finished. If they get them opened soon they can begin to close the same category in BLDG 4. I would hope those would also be done by July also.

If you don't have your rooms booked, I would do so since that category has the fewest rooms.

I’m the minority and find that the new queen mattresses seem small. We have a queen at home and fit perfectly with two dogs. We felt super cramped on the new mattress, so much that my husband ended up sleeping on the Murphy bed. I’m hoping for a king this trip, but if not he’ll just sleep on the other bed again.

Interesting. The new beds are definitely true queens at 60" x 80".

Shows the measurements = queen.

To get wider without a King you need an Expanded Queen.

IMG_2954.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 15

Requested a Lake View 70's on my online check in. If I call Disney can I add highest floor and king bed to the request as well or will that erase the other requests?

Requested a Lake View 70's on my online check in. If I call Disney can I add highest floor and king bed to the request as well or will that erase the other requests?

It won't erase them, but the more requests you make the harder it is for the room assignors to get you what you want. If you really want all 4 if those, I would call and then have the CM list them in order of preference.

It won't erase them, but the more requests you make the harder it is for the room assignors to get you what you want. If you really want all 4 if those, I would call and then have the CM list them in order of preference.
Ok great thats good to know. I guess I'll have to call Disney :)

Just curious if anyone is at Pop now and knows if the Preferred Pool View rooms nearest the stairs near the lobby of building 4 are renovated. Received my location for upcoming trip and just curious if I’m getting a refurbished room. I am aware of the post at the beginning of this thread. Just looking for specific info. Thanks so much!

Just curious if anyone is at Pop now and knows if the Preferred Pool View rooms nearest the stairs near the lobby of building 4 are renovated.

That post is very accurate. I wouldn't count on building 4 to have rooms opening until sometime in April since it appears they only started end of Jan.

Building 5 could have rooms open in the next week or two.

My bet is they started preferred pool rooms in 5 and left 4 open for tenant until 5 is complete. So until 5 is finished, 4 will remain unrenovated. As soon as 5 opens then they will close 4.

The mattress or the platform? The matresses are quite a bit smaller than the platforms.
The mattresses. The platform reasonably has to be larger than the mattress, in order to contain the mattress. I believe our measuring person did not measure the actual platform frame.
There was definitely an elevator when we were there
Yep, the elevators (two per building, so 20) have been there since before the resort opened; they were all part of the construction :)
Just curious if anyone is at Pop now and knows if the Preferred Pool View rooms nearest the stairs near the lobby of building 4 are renovated.
Post 2 is dated. Specific to Building 4, "Building 4, 60's, started some renovations Jan 22, 2018. STILL BEING RENOVATED." So while the post hasn't been updated for 11 days, it is completely unreasonable to expect ANY room in that building could have been refurbished anð reopened in those same 11 days.

So, no.

Thanks for the update, skellingtonfan! Sorry you have to leave :( but thank you for confirming nothing in Building 4 is refurbished, for anyone arriving today or soon.

Hello! I’m leaving Pop today. I stayed at building 4 and I want to report that they are closing the whole building today. They are taking sheets and towels out right now
Thank you for posting this information. I appreciate you taking your time. Safe travels!!

Hello! I’m leaving Pop today. I stayed at building 4 and I want to report that they are closing the whole building today. They are taking sheets and towels out right now

Thank you so much for the update! I guess that means that preferred pool view rooms in building 5 will be open! Exciting!
Ugh... and I just switched my reservation for my upcoming trip. Now I wish I kept it! Lol...

Just curious if anyone is at Pop now and knows if the Preferred Pool View rooms nearest the stairs near the lobby of building 4 are renovated. Received my location for upcoming trip and just curious if I’m getting a refurbished room. I am aware of the post at the beginning of this thread. Just looking for specific info. Thanks so much!

The mattresses. The platform reasonably has to be larger than the mattress, in order to contain the mattress. I believe our measuring person did not measure the actual platform frame.

Yep, the elevators (two per building, so 20) have been there since before the resort opened; they were all part of the construction :)

Post 2 is dated. Specific to Building 4, "Building 4, 60's, started some renovations Jan 22, 2018. STILL BEING RENOVATED." So while the post hasn't been updated for 11 days, it is completely unreasonable to expect ANY room in that building could have been refurbished anð reopened in those same 11 days.

So, no.

Yes the info about BLDG 4 was up to date until Skellingtonfan posted today. I was there last week, scrappinginontario has been there all week. As of a week ago only one wing of 4 was "closed" to guests but other than some mattresses the rooms untouched. Now that today they are closing more of the building, I would expect to see lots of activity pulling out all the interior furnishings and demolition to begin. They will likely roll the stuff to the lake path and take it out that way, and it will likely be noisy at the pool while they demo that side of the building ... we experienced this last year by the computer pool. This building will not be done/open for some time to come.

@jenpan If you received your location, what was it?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter