Pop Century Room Renovations

Our rooms in building 7 (with friend) and building 8 (with hubs) both had tubs. though as popular opinion goes, they are smaller, I think, than the old ones.

I just thought of something.. we’re the rooms you stayed in on the first floor? I wonder if that may be why we only had a shower.

None of mine were on the first floor.

Our rooms in building 7 (with friend) and building 8 (with hubs) both had tubs. though as popular opinion goes, they are smaller, I think, than the old ones.

Having about 30 stays at POP, I do think they are smaller. As I was taking shower I was thinking all they were good for was small child's bath.

I wish that maybe it was an online request, I would much rather have a shower.

I find the entire room feels bigger than before even when both beds are down. I guess it’s all perception but I was anticipating Avery cramped feeling and I don’t get that at all!

We anticipated the same thing, especially given that there were three of us sharing the room, but were pleasantly surprised to find that we had plenty of room to move around without getting in each other's way (we even left the second bed down all the time and still didn't have any problems). I know logically that there is bigger furniture in the same sized space, so it *should* feel smaller. I'm thinking the light colors and the simple clean design of the new furniture helped.

I called in my room requests last week for our arrival on Thursday (yay!). I asked for 70s section and connecting room to my folks, but that the priority was 70s section. Do you think I should call back and just ask for a "renovated room"?

Oh and when I log into MDE room requests, 70s isn't there, but the Adjoining Rooms is. There is also something in brackets after Adjoining Room that looks like this: (no connec...) Not sure what that means or fully says...

Oh and when I log into MDE room requests, 70s isn't there, but the Adjoining Rooms is. There is also something in brackets after Adjoining Room that looks like this: (no connec...) Not sure what that means or fully says...

Adjoining means close to. Connecting means right next to with an interior door between the two rooms. So it's stating if you request adjoining they will not be connecting.

Will say the showers are huge! I find the entire room feels bigger than before even when both beds are down. I guess it’s all perception but I was anticipating Avery cramped feeling and I don’t get that at all!

Off topic to your quote, but curious what the weather is like in the evenings? Do we need a warm-ish jacket and pants once the sun goes down?

Off topic to your quote, but curious what the weather is like in the evenings? Do we need a warm-ish jacket and pants once the sun goes down?

Im also curious. I've been following weather underground "lake Buena Vista, FL" and local WESH2 news, both seem to fluctuate when predicting the 5-day forecast. The 24 hour forecast seems to be the most accurate.

I'm wondering if warmer temps predicted for this weekend will really be coming?

Have been here since Sat. Have worn shorts, capris, jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, gloves and a lightweight winter coat for my daughter. All that to say, the temps can vary greatly at this time of year!

It was hot in the sun at 2:00 today and by 7:30 waiting for fireworks at MK the temp had dropped significantly.

I would say tonight was the coolest we’ve felt and I was confortable most of the time with socks, running/tennis shoes, jeans, a t-shirt and hoodie. Occasionally felt chilled when there was a breeze. I will say though that I don’t tend to feel the cold as much as some.

I would pack prepared to layer. The one thing I didn’t bring enough of was socks as I anticipated wearing croc sandals and haven’t yet. Hope this helps!

This has probably been asked already but I was wondering how the pull down bed was for two adults? I’m planning a family trip (8 adults) for next year. The kids, now adults, and their wives have mentioned missing Pop Century. Our last trip we all stayed at POFQ which I love. We’ve added two wives to our group now. More people = more $$$. I’m wondering if we can get away with Pop now? Thanks for any information you can pass along.

This has probably been asked already but I was wondering how the pull down bed was for two adults? I’m planning a family trip (8 adults) for next year. The kids, now adults, and their wives have mentioned missing Pop Century. Our last trip we all stayed at POFQ which I love. We’ve added two wives to our group now. More people = more $$$. I’m wondering if we can get away with Pop now? Thanks for any information you can pass along.

Though my wife and I have a King at home, we have had no issues sharing a Queen when at WDW or in a hotel room. And all reports I've seen have raved about the comfort of the new mattresses.

My hubby and I slept on the pull down bed and loved it. The beds are so much nicer now. I believe they both have the same mattress, so you really can’t tell a difference when on the Murphy bed vs a regular bed.

Ps. We also really loved everything about the refurbished rooms and are staying there again in December :love:

They are the same mattress so really no difference from the bed. Two queens. My adult sons shared just fine, a few trips now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter