• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Renovation in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like a plush bed and had no complaints of firmness last May.
Do you think if we called the resort directly they would have a more definite answer on dates?

Usually you are directed to a call center that just answers like they are at the resort, but they aren't.

I hope we get to stay in a renovated room during our August stay. I wonder if you can request a renovated room? :confused3

Typically this goes very fast.. they close down one building at a time and lug out the old bedding, furniture, TV's etc and replace and replenish as they go.

Painting, wallpaper (or wallpaper trim) carpets and drapes and usually new mattresses are part of the process. I wonder if they'll put flat screen TVs?

I was at All Star Sports while this was happening on an adjacent building. It's incredibly non-obtrusive and not at all noisy.. so there's nothing to worry about that way.

We were there in October and found the beds to be way more comfy then the ones we slept on in POFQ in April. The only thing I noticed was getting worn was really the carpet other than that everything seem in pretty great shape.

I contacted Ownthemagic.com and they said it's going to be a refreshed look.

The furniture will be the same, but the armoire will be modified to accommodate 32" Flat Panels, Headboards will be raised 4" and there will be new comforters, curtains, carpet and shower curtains.

They also said they have a twin comforter from Pop for sale if anyone was interested. :)

So is the bed comforter, carpet and curtains etc. going to be the same pattern or a new pattern? :cutie:

Are they going to refurb Movies Resort that's the one that looks like it needs it. Looks like Music and Sports were much nicer. Getting worried because we are supposed to be staying at Movies in September :(

This thread was closed because of it's age. There's been no announcement about any other refurbs other than Pop Century, POR/FQ and the building of the new resort "Animation Inn & Suites"

Thanks,

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter