POP century lake view rooms? which building to pick

DisMama5

DIS Veteran
Hey All,

We are planning to stay at pop this November. I'm not sure which building to request for lake views. I'm reading 50s 60s and 70s but I'm trying to more narrow it down to a focus point. We will probably be walking over to AOA so that's another thing to keep in mind. We typically need to stay on a first floor because of my fathers health needs.

I'm mostly looking to get an idea which building has the most clear beaten path of the lake. I've seen a few pictures I love from the rooms but the building isn't listed with it so i'm not sure which it is. I saw some with more of trees lining the lake which would probably block the view from the first floor. I'm looking for that open view building but not sure what building that is since we've never been to POP.

Any pictures feel free to attach also :)

thanks in advance guys!!

We've stayed in a lake-facing room in the 50's 3 times and love it. It's close to the bridge to AoA but the 60's is closer, so you might want to go with the 60's. And honestly, it's a little hard to get a room with a view of the lake that isn't blocked by trees no matter where you are. There are probably some, but you would have to get lucky. You can still see the water from your window but you might have sections of trees blocking some of it as well.

Just request Lake View. That gives the room assigners a greater pool from which to select, and you a better chance of getting a lake view. Actually seeing thelake from your room requires standing in the window or doorway.

We stayed first floor, 60s, lake view in November. It was perfect. Pop was completely full (free dining..) but our room was incredibly quiet and peaceful. Trees and bushes blocked our view of anything, which was fine by us, as it made it feel more secluded. From our room in the 60s, it was only maybe a hundred feet to the bridge to AoA, or a few steps around the corner to the Pop splash pool area.

The lake view rooms in the 50s and 70s should be equally good. The trade-off is that (most likely) you will be closer to Pop parking, but further from the AoA bridge and the Pop pool.

60's, bldg 4, top floor was my favorite room at Pop. Looked out over the lake...it was so pretty and quiet!!! The bridge to AoA was close by as well.

Hmm good point I guess I should've worded my posting a little better. I know they line the lake with trees/mulch/plants but there is a few pictures it looks more open because of smaller plants instead of tall trees. But honestly those are no big deals with us just having the lake as a "front yard" so to speak would be really peaceful and pretty I think.

Seems like 60s is getting most the votes, but 50s not far behind. Cool! Thanks guys. Very helpful as we have never been to the resort :)

We stayed first floor, 60s, lake view in November. It was perfect. Pop was completely full (free dining..) but our room was incredibly quiet and peaceful. Trees and bushes blocked our view of anything, which was fine by us, as it made it feel more secluded. From our room in the 60s, it was only maybe a hundred feet to the bridge to AoA, or a few steps around the corner to the Pop splash pool area.

The lake view rooms in the 50s and 70s should be equally good. The trade-off is that (most likely) you will be closer to Pop parking, but further from the AoA bridge and the Pop pool.

I'm predicting POP will be full the week we are going also because of the FD predictions. Is this area of POP a little more quiet because its considered "the back" ? Just curious.

I'm predicting POP will be full the week we are going also because of the FD predictions. Is this area of POP a little more quiet because its considered "the back" ? Just curious.
Absolutely. If you get a preferred or preferred pool view then you're bound to have more foot traffic and chatter outside closer to your door. To me, the standard rooms are more valuable even though they're cheaper. They're still "lively" but probably a bit less busy than the others.

Stayed many years during FD and stayed mostly at POP - and lake view rooms are still super quiet areas.

To OP, it sounds like you are thinking your room will look out to grass then to the lake. The problem is that most those corners that face the lake are highly landscaped because there might be mechanicals there or cart paths. If you truly want to look fairly unobstructed to the lake you will need a higher room to be above the landscape and be as far to the end of the hallway [closer to end stairs - far from elevator]. I know you said first floor for Dad but so you know all buildings have elevators. One 60's and one end of the 70's seem to have the least trees but it's going to be hard to request that. I would request the decade and lake view or if first floor is a must then first floor and lake view. Downside to first floor is everyone coming back from the lake path or area will be walking past those rooms to get to elevators and their room.

60's will get you closer to AoA but farther from parking lots if you have a car and want to use it. But is a shorter walk to the main hub and buses. 50's is our favorite. We use the bowling pin pool and we usually have a view of the fireworks.

We usually book lake view and 70s. I'd be fine with 50s or 60s lake view, but go the 70s route in case I don't get it so there is no chance I am near a noisy pool

Stayed many years during FD and stayed mostly at POP - and lake view rooms are still super quiet areas.

To OP, it sounds like you are thinking your room will look out to grass then to the lake. The problem is that most those corners that face the lake are highly landscaped because there might be mechanicals there or cart paths. If you truly want to look fairly unobstructed to the lake you will need a higher room to be above the landscape and be as far to the end of the hallway [closer to end stairs - far from elevator]. I know you said first floor for Dad but so you know all buildings have elevators. One 60's and one end of the 70's seem to have the least trees but it's going to be hard to request that. I would request the decade and lake view or if first floor is a must then first floor and lake view. Downside to first floor is everyone coming back from the lake path or area will be walking past those rooms to get to elevators and their room.

60's will get you closer to AoA but farther from parking lots if you have a car and want to use it. But is a shorter walk to the main hub and buses. 50's is our favorite. We use the bowling pin pool and we usually have a view of the fireworks.

Your info was so very helpful! I was wondering what the view would be like, I knew there would be some trees but not sure on how much it would obstruct the view. It did seem like the pictures I saw were from a 4th floor, so this all makes sense now. Thanks for the advice :)

When I did online check in at 60 days out , I chose Lake View and highest floor. I just booked a standard room so we shall see. The advice here is great thank you.

I've requested lakeview three times and always had great rooms. The first time we were in 70s facing the lake and had a great view plus it was very quiet, but just a little longer walk to the food court. I had requested lakeview 50s but didn't get it. The next time I requested lakeview 60s and we had two rooms that were just a few doors down from preferred rooms. The lakeview was a little obstructed by trees, but it was a very short walk to the pool and food and our request for connecting rooms with my mom were met.
The third time we again asked for lakeview 60s and had the most beautiful view from a corner room in 60s overlooking the lake.​

Have any of you had luck faxing your request yourself for room preferences? I have done this in the past at other resorts but wondering if it works for Pop. Also, how many days before do you recommend for sending a fax.

You don't send a fax. Most resorts ignore/trash them due to volume (Port Orleans being the exception.) You call. Reservations. ASAP. Like, tomorrow. Add requests to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter