Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

Had to take a long break from the DIS, but am back now, and just getting caught up. :)

I love that you've booked your trip, and that I'm #1. LOL! You will make a GREAT DIS-er-Meeter-Upper! Can't wait for all the fun we'll all have! You should have the plans I sent you as well, so you guys take a peek and see what you think. Feel free to suggest tweaks.

Glad I got here before you went back to school!!!! Saw the plans and so far so good. :thumbsup2

Taking advantage of a quite moment at work !! I needed to BUMP this up again any how !!!

How you get more of those quiet moments... I am finally starting to.

I"ve said it by text, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Dear Friends!! (psssst, 290 days.)

Yes Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Those 290 will just zoom on by.

Wed Aug 13 2014- Yes I know but yup that was the date. :blush:

It was going to be a beautiful day-

IMG_0466.jpg

We were up and out early- we wanted to be sure to make the opening show at Mk.

No evidence of what transportation we took. I am guessing bus and it was right there since I have no pictures, and I would have had boat pictures.

Since we had time to kill

IMG_0478.jpg

Soon it was time for the Mayor

IMG_0479.jpg

Good Morning, Good Morning- to you and you and you.

IMG_0480.jpg

Anna and Elsa join the celebration.

IMG_0484.jpg

The Fairy Godmother.

IMG_0486.jpg

And we are in ……..early. :p

IMG_0488.jpg

Not exactly first in line but we are being walked down Main street

IMG_0489.jpg

Through the castle

IMG_0490.jpg

We have a FP+ for Mine Train but wanted to see the queue so we get in stand by ….HERE

IMG_0492.jpg

Down as far as the Speedway. :scared1:

But we see this.

IMG_0493.jpg

Nothing.

IMG_0494.jpg

We hear announcements that the ride is not up and running yet. Oh Yikes, here we go again. They walk us all the way down and the ride is down!!! We have a FP+ so we can wait – maybe others will leave. Hopefully it will just be a bit- people will leave and right at 9am it will be open.

We wait a bit and then the line starts moving.

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

The key to the mine.

IMG_0541.jpg

These were cute but the whole area is so darned dark and spread out you really need to get help to get them all spinning at the same time.

IMG_0542.jpg

Before :

IMG_0546.jpg

After:

IMG_0547.jpg

If you can get all 7 going then you get a bigger surprise. Of which I have no picture. I actually watched it happen this last trip but then Marv teased me for standing there watching and not taking a picture.

IMG_0552.jpg

A couple more dwarves showing but not the whole 7 this time.

They still had some lettering and kinks to work out.

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

I think this last time parties with an odd number were in #1 and parties with an even number where in line #2. It has been a little different each time now.

The official description

IMG_0562.jpg

We were going….

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Last edited:

A nod to the old Snow white ride.

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

The back of the witch.

IMG_0596.jpg

The standby queue took about 30-45 min including the initial delay. After our initial ride we quickly went in to use our FP+.

Next up was

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

20140813_101335.jpg

Some jungle humor

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Anyone hungry? I certainly hope the Skippers canteen has a better variety.

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Can’t have too much of this.

IMG_0620.jpg

George was our skipper

IMG_0623.jpg

The front side of water.

IMG_0624.jpg

Pretty day and okay crowd wise it seems.

IMG_0629.jpg

Jack was out but we didn’t stay this time to watch.

IMG_0630.jpg

Time for some Pirates

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

Here kitty kitty, kitty

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

The hairy leg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Next up were some singing birds.

Next up were some singing birds.

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

I thought this was a cute pin.

IMG_0665.jpg

It was time to get out of the heat for a bit. I remember my mom waiting for reservations for the show here and it was a full service lunch and a show way back in the day. She got there early in the day and while she waited I rode Haunted Mansion by self over and over until she secured the lunch time table. One of my first trip memories.

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Looking back at the entrance

IMG_0669.jpg

We had walked around and even the CMs were mourning for a great man.

IMG_0672.jpg

I saved my appetite for this yummy creation.

IMG_0673.jpg

Certainly look like a light crowd day.

IMG_0674.jpg

Stitch was up to his old tricks as the walls were still up in the hub.

IMG_0675.jpg

We ventured into Tomorrowland.

IMG_0678.jpg

Buzz Lightyear was first.

IMG_0682.jpg
]

IMG_0683.jpg

Not too bad for me but…..

IMG_0687.jpg

Not as good as Marv.

IMG_0689.jpg

More work around the hub. Way back in 2014.....

IMG_0694.jpg

Was this in case someone slipped in the moat?

IMG_0695.jpg

But there is only sand….

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

The wait for talking Mickey.

IMG_0709.jpg

Not for us we had a FP+

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

It was time to….

IMG_0724.jpg

Great to see you updating, and perfect timing as I was just able to spend some more time here on the DIS again.;)

I am impressed that you made the opening show, guess we have only seen it once or twice in all the time we spent at WDW. And you packed a lot into your day. We have yet to see the standby line for the 7DMT and your photos have made me very excited.
Love all the photos. More please.

Good update of MK. I don't think we saw that extra surprise in the Mine Train queue by getting all of the barrels spinning.

Great job catching the hairy leg in Pirates. It was closed for refurb when we were there.

I've never been in the Diamond Horseshoe. You guys just took a peek inside, I take it?

Love the signs in the theater.

Love, love, love th Diamond Horseshoe Revue and wish they would bring back the show - maybe they have and I just don't know because it has been years since I've had a chance to go in and eat.

Great pics of you two!!

Happy 2016 - Hope all our wishes come true! pixiedust:

No clue when I last replied here, but I love seeing all your MK pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun that day. But it also looks baking hot in the pictures!!

I remember when we first got married Danny told me we had to head straight to the Diamond Horseshoe to get in line for a meal time. Later when the boys were little our youngest got picked to go on stage with a magician. Danny was just biding his time to lose enough hair to get a kiss from Miss Kitty!

Me too!!! Less than a week left and at least 2 work shifts in there. My free time is quickly winding down. :(

By now it is all gone. :crazy2:

I think so!! With so much to do between now and then.

And even more added the plate with a wedding.

It's probably all gone....

It probably is. :sad2:

Uh Oh'a!!!!!!!

Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum

Good update of MK. I don't think we saw that extra surprise in the Mine Train queue by getting all of the barrels spinning.

Great job catching the hairy leg in Pirates. It was closed for refurb when we were there.

I've never been in the Diamond Horseshoe. You guys just took a peek inside, I take it?

Love the signs in the theater.

I ti s hard to get all the barrels spinning since you really need a team effort since you or even your party can't reach all of them. The line winds around them in such a way unless you try to shout out - "Everyone spin them"and everyone listens and complies it just won't happen. :rotfl2:

The Hairy leg is always fascinating, not so much that it is real hair in there but a pretty close view of the animatronic pirate is cool.
I hear the refurb now gets you soaked...

We did eat in there once but not that trip. I originally thought so but the pictures of the show are not there and I know I took some so I guess that was a quick peek.

Those signs made the short wait time easier. :upsidedow

Love, love, love th Diamond Horseshoe Revue and wish they would bring back the show - maybe they have and I just don't know because it has been years since I've had a chance to go in and eat.

Great pics of you two!!

Happy 2016 - Hope all our wishes come true! pixiedust:

I remember the Revue as a child but there is a show but nowhere near that. It is a short comedy show and limited counter service menu instead of the sit down it had years ago. It serves a purpose during heavy attendance days but the Can Can show of the 70's is no more.

Thanks for the compliment and yes I hope our wishes for 2016 come true. :cool1:

Hi Guys!

Just stopped by to say hello and check for an update. Hope you 2 are well!

:wave2: Enjoying a much wished for snow day today !!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: One of those pretty easy, it started overnight and things were cancelled pretty early, even for tomorrow already so that makes it easy for me. Things are changing at work from day to day sometimes and I never know which full time staff will be reporting to which facility or even sometimes which supervisor is approving your time. :rotfl2:

No clue when I last replied here, but I love seeing all your MK pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun that day. But it also looks baking hot in the pictures!!

That's Ok I have no idea when I was here last. I keep thinking I will get back over to finally finsih this one up and work is just crazy lately. Many late nights to close the facility and staff shortages so we need to fill in. Just an odd schedule lately makes it hard to check in regularly.

That was a good trip and in August.... yes it was hot but nothing the Florida rain can't cure. :rotfl2:

Great to see you updating, and perfect timing as I was just able to spend some more time here on the DIS again.;)

I am impressed that you made the opening show, guess we have only seen it once or twice in all the time we spent at WDW. And you packed a lot into your day. We have yet to see the standby line for the 7DMT and your photos have made me very excited.
Love all the photos. More please.

Almost missed this one- Sorry but so glad you are still here. I am trying but this thing called work keeps getting in the way. :rotfl2:

We are both pretty early risers so for the us the opening show is not impossible to get to. I am sure with the time change it makes it a challenge for you and Tom.
We try to pick a few "Must do"s for the day and together work towards accomplishing those. Most times we get those done and sometimes we need to table some for a next time.

We have been known to overdo it and hit a wall and crash but we are getting better and slowing down.

I remember when we first got married Danny told me we had to head straight to the Diamond Horseshoe to get in line for a meal time. Later when the boys were little our youngest got picked to go on stage with a magician. Danny was just biding his time to lose enough hair to get a kiss from Miss Kitty!

Hi Tanya. :welcome: Glad you found this.

I do have my fond memories from the show, although riding HM over and Over by myself was special too!! :rotfl2:

At that time it was someone so new to me that I was just taking it all in.

Such great memories from that show. Such fun!!!

I am here and alive!!! :rotfl2: Just more work related items taking over my free time.

A snow day today is helping me catch up a bit. I hope to have an update before the weekend is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter