Pool Hopping - of sorts

Janet Hill

DIS Veteran
We are going to be staying at Wilderness Lodge and my parents will be staying at Beach Club. The day that my parents are watching my kids so my husband and I can go out, do you think they will let my kids have access to the pool at the Beach Club?

If your parents are staying there, why wouldn't they let the kids swim? Its not like they have someone at the pool checking everyone's roomcards.

The Beach Club can get very strict about access to the pool. Guests need to show their resort IDs for YC or BC to get a wristband that will allow them to enter the pool area.

How many kids do you have? If it's 3 or less, and it's just your two parents staying in a room at the BC, I'd have your parents add them to their reservation.That way all the kids will have resort IDs, and there won't be any problems.

It's possible that they could be let in without the resort ID if they're with your parents, but in busy times they really crack down hard on pool access. It'd be awful for your kids to get over there and see that fabulous pool and not be able to get in because the lifeguards are being strict that day...

Technically, your children are not allowed at SAB (Storm Along Bay Pool), as they are not registered guests of the BC resort. In fact, they do check everyones resort i.d. cards as you enter the pool area.

just another guy said:
If your parents are staying there, why wouldn't they let the kids swim? Its not like they have someone at the pool checking everyone's roomcards.

Actually, the deluxe resorts often do check resort ID's at the pool. The YC/BC pool is the strictest, and the only one that uses wristbands, but many people on the DIS have reported having to produce an ID at other deluxe pools. I've personally seen families asked to leave the WL pool by security because they didn't have a WL resort ID....

at SAB last week we were never asked to show a room card for each person. One per family was good. I doubt it will be a problem.

Register them in the resort with your parents then they will have legitimate access to the pool. :sunny:

If your parents have the required wristbands, they may not ask for the kids' wristbands. (I hope). I hope it all works out!!

Lynne M said:
Actually, the deluxe resorts often do check resort ID's at the pool. The YC/BC pool is the strictest, and the only one that uses wristbands, but many people on the DIS have reported having to produce an ID at other deluxe pools. I've personally seen families asked to leave the WL pool by security because they didn't have a WL resort ID....

damn, didn't know that

We were in a similar situation when our friends were staying at YC and we were at WL. They asked the YC front desk if they could have guest from another resort swim in the pool with them and they said it would be no problem and we used the pool for a couple of hours with them. Just make sure you get permission and I don't see it being a problem.

We just got home from the Beach Club and the only time they checked room card keys was when we got towels from the pool. Just have them bring their own towels. It would be different if your parents weren't guests....but I see nothing wrong with letting their grandchildren swim. :love:

:rotfl:

All I know is, I'm going to ask to see everyone's ID at the pool, and then, by God, I will have all of you thrown out--THROWN OUT, I say! :rotfl2:

(kidding, of course)

:rainbow:
GF

We were never asked to show all resort ID's at SAB ... I would never take ALL of my room keys to a pool where I'm going to be swimming, not sitting by my stuff the whole time. I guess if they ever have a problem with this, I'll have no choice but to produce all room keys, get the wristbands, and then take the time to go BACK to my room to put the other 3 keys away. I highly doubt they would do that when it's parents with small kids ... a group of teens, sure they're bound to insist. I doubt that they will want ID"s for your grandchildren, because as previous posters have said, you're quite within your rights to say "they're staying with me tonight, so I can add them to my ressie." No CM at the pool is going to insist that you do that. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Sounds like a fun day for the kids! :goodvibes And a great break for the parents. ;)

MaryLiz

They'll be fine. We always take just 1 key for the whole family. While I respect the "no pool hopping policy," I see nothing wrong with this particular situation, and I doubt Disney would either.

I would be prepared for either scenario: Being allowed and being prohibited. Just ask for permission (as we DVC members, who have pool hopping privileges must, each time) and go with whatever reply you receive.

We were there this August when it was quite busy. DH went to get towels with only his room key. They asked to see his card and asked how many were in his party. He said 5 and they handed him 5 towels and 5 wristbands. There should no problem bringing the grandkids. Have fun. :)

ukwildcat said:
Technically, your children are not allowed at SAB (Storm Along Bay Pool), as they are not registered guests of the BC resort. In fact, they do check everyones resort i.d. cards as you enter the pool area.

Is this the practie at all hotel main pools?
We are staying at CBR, and usually I would not bring my sons guest resort key with me, cause I would have mine - please advise. I dont want to loose our room keys lol they are our food, and parks etc.

While this is the rule at all the hotel pools, it is only enforced at deluxe resort pools.

Always bring all the room keys with you. If you're concerned about your son losing his, you can have child keys set up so that they don't have charging privileges.

There have been several times when we went to SAB and they asked to see each and every room ID for the members of our party.

Just a note, if your parents are on the dining plan, and you add the children to the room so that they can swim, your parents will be required to pay for the dining plan for them at the BC, plus purchase tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter