Poly Villa Room Hacks Help...

The 24" bags hold twice as much as the carry on size (they are deep but short) and I am a master packer (special relations is my strong suit) so they will be packed in the most efficient way possible to fit in the bags! But - there is no way to live out of the bags the way they are packed or fit the clothes in the drawers the way they are packed. My son would try to get our one outfit and end up tossing or unfolding everything else!

With no washer/dryer in the steamy time of year we will be there - I expect to have 10 outfits, 2 bathing suits, and 2 pairs of PJs for each of us. Thats a lot of stuff - 40 pairs of socks and underwear just as a starting point! We usually bring 6 outfits and do laundry regularly instead!

I just know my family will have a better time in this studio if we are able to feel organized. On our cruise last year everything was able to have a place - tons of drawers and shelves and hanging space for everything. It made it possible to get thru the week in 250 sq ft! This room has more square footage but so much of it is bathroom space!

Thanks for all of the advice and reassurance...

I am pretty good at packing as well.
This is when packing cubes would help you. A different color for each person & just put the cubes in the drawers. Easy peasy. We each have a color so we can tell at a glance whose stuff is where. We use medium to large cubes for clothes (1 for tops & 1 for bottoms) then small or medium for incidentals like socks, underwear, PJ's & bathing suits. These things are the best thing since electricity was invented. You will be fine & if you can slip in time to do 1 load of lights & 1 load of darks mid-trip you will probably stress less. The laundry rooms are free for DVC members - you do have that option.

Laundry is just not going to happen unless the weather is terrible AND we end up in the same building as the laundry room. We usually put clothes in the wash/dryer while we are away from the room (before we leave in the morning, when we change for the evening, etc). We will only have one day at the resort and I really don't want to spend it running back and forth from the Pool to the laundry room to our room (unless it's raining?).

I have used packing cubes and they did not fit well in our luggage / our stuff didn't pack well. We had to bring an entire extra suitcase that trip - and my kids still don't keep things organized in their cubes. Maybe someday when the kids are older and being a luggage minimalist isn't an issue. They do keep things organized if you can get the right mix of sizes and your stuff and your bags fit those sizes - I think they would be great for a cruise if being a luggage minimalist isn't a requirement (rental car with 4 pieces of luggage/airline fees etc).

We'll figure it out. Thanks for all of the reassurance that there is storage! We are going to try to fit in one of those closet racks just incase - if for no other reason that it will make it so I can set up 2 outfits for each of us daily and not have to be going thru drawers in 4 different places to get our clothes ready while trying to make a 7am rope drop!!'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter