Poly Villa Room Hacks Help...

DisMomx3

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any unique ideas on how to get the most storage space out of the room? I know storage is extremely limited so I am trying to think of ways to enhance it. We are a family of 5 staying for 8 days. Thanks.

There is a lot of storage and room in both bathrooms. We utilize that space. We put our suitcase by the adjoining door area (or stroller if we have our little one with us). Also, the coffee table is actually a trunk so it opens up and fits a ton. We usually store our kids stuffed animals or bags of stuff we buy in there. If you pack some hanging shoe holders, the fabric kind, you could fold clothes and hang it up.

We are a family of 6 (3 kids and an infant) and have stayed at the Poly studios 3 times, and we are staying for 8 days in May. I find there is more than enough storage for us there. And I am very OCD about keeping the room clean and organized. And I never have an issue feeling like the room is in disarray.

There is a lot of storage and room in both bathrooms. We utilize that space. We put our suitcase by the adjoining door area (or stroller if we have our little one with us). Also, the coffee table is actually a trunk so it opens up and fits a ton. We usually store our kids stuffed animals or bags of stuff we buy in there. If you pack some hanging shoe holders, the fabric kind, you could fold clothes and hang it up.

We are a family of 6 (3 kids and an infant) and have stayed at the Poly studios 3 times, and we are staying for 8 days in May. I find there is more than enough storage for us there. And I am very OCD about keeping the room clean and organized. And I never have an issue feeling like the room is in disarray.

Bingo, you will run out of tabletop space and cubby holes quickly if you don't keep up with where things go. Then you'll make a bigger mess because you can't find what you were looking for, and it'll go missing 30 minutes before your Chef Mickey reservation, so the room will remain a miss, and by the time you get back at 11PM after the good night kiss and everyone is passed out the room stays a mess until the next day, when it gets messier!

We haven't stayed at the Poly Villas (yet), but are no stranger to 5 in a hotel room w/ not enough storage. We swear by the hanging cubes (similar to the ones linked above - we got ours at target) & a popup laundry hamper. We assign a place for everything - shoes, drink cups, backpacks, hoodies, food, purchases, ear hats - and spend a few minutes each morning and night making sure everything is where it's supposed to be. Being a little OCD is the only way we can make the tight quarters work for us.

There's lots of storage space in the kitchenette above the sink if you consolidate the plates/glasses into a small space.

The OP may have already had their trip, but I just saw this thread and wanted to point out that there is also a lot of space under the queen bed. It's pretty high off the ground and you can slide luggage under it. We also kept out shoes tucked under the foot of the bed.

Also there are big drawers under the head of the queen bed. I found them in the morning we were checking out!!

We started keeping one of these hanging shelf closet organizers in our Owners Locker (we only use studios and some have VERY limited storage / drawers). They're only about $15 at Bed, bath & beyond (even less with a coupon). (I think plain black is less than the patterned ones.)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...rganizer/3266442?Keyword=hanging+closet+shelf

Sorry for bringing back this old thread - but I am wondering if anyone has photos of these IN their Poly Villa closet also how they attach to the bar?

We are leaving in 2.5 weeks so it's time to get moving on my organization plans! We have spent a week in a room half this size on a cruise but they had MUCH more storage spaces available compared to just 'space' at the Poly!!

If you look at the video that is in the link above you will see that the sleeve at the top either snaps or has velcro so it can be added to any rod including the one in the bathroom. Here is what the Poly studio closet looks like.

DSC_1183_zpsab2jfkug.jpg

Thank you! I wish I knew if we could fit 2 in there!

Does anyone know if the packnplay fits under the bed? Just wondering if there are options without calling house keeping to get ride of it.

The fold out bed at Caribbean Beach Resort does have a massive amount of storage as well as a bench - it's too bad that setup wasn't used at Poly!!!

Thank you! I wish I knew if we could fit 2 in there!

Does anyone know if the packnplay fits under the bed? Just wondering if there are options without calling house keeping to get ride of it.

We have a similar hanging shelf from Amazon. Our's has a wire frame with 2 coat hanger type hooks that hang on the rod (and lay flat when the whole thing is collapsed). With that one, you could easily get two in the closet. Ours is about the width of the pack and play in the photo from pp.

The design of the bed is very efficient. There are two large drawers under the bed at the head, and the foot of the bed is entirely open. Two of your largest sized suitcases will easily fit under the bed and out of the way. If you don't put 2 suitcases there, the pack and play will easily fit.
As also mentioned, the bathrooms each have a ton of drawer space, and there is a lot of cabinet space in the kitchenette as well. Not much in the way of counter space though.

Also, the way the rooms are layed out, gives you a significant "alcove" in the area where the door is that connects to the adjoining room. This area is completely out of the main path onto the room. We were able to store additional suitcases, bags of unnecessary trinkets, the grandson's toys and most importantly, the full sized stroller, all in this area. Having that space kept major clutter out of the living space.

I found the room very well laid out, once you're actually in it; but since there's no obvious dresser, the pictures lead you to believe that storage is minimal. We didn't find that to actually be the case.

Steve

We were there in June and didn't even need the hanging shelf!! I agree that the studio is well laid out and we had plenty of storage space without needing to use it. It may also depend on how well you pack (efficiently). For 3 adults for 8 nights we had two 28" duffles and one carry-on size bag. I thought there was more drawer space there than at SSR or BCV for example.

We did not think there was enough storage or countertop area in the kitchenette tho and had to leave some items in grocery bags.

Last edited:
We will be a family of 4. We usually travel with 2 - 24 inch roller bags and a 22 inch carry on and 4 backpacks....but we also usually have a washer! I'm going to still try to pack in the same bags this time though!

I am relieved to hear that you folks found space for everything!

We have had plenty of room in drawer space at BCV (kids in tv cabinet, adults in bedroom) and lots of non- clothing items on counters or in bathrooms...

As I understand it - there are 2 large drawers under the bed (one on each side), 'drawers' in each bathroom (these look wicker basket style?), and then the closet? Some have mentioned storage at the kitchenette area? What is that?

Lastly- how many hangers are there - could you request a full closets worth? DH would definitely use the closet for shirts and shorts if needed.

I could see putting all of my stuff in a single under bed drawer, putting one kids clothing in a bathroom, have DH use the closet and other bathroom (bathing suits, socks, boxers etc) and having another kid use the other under bed drawer. Then using the ottoman for all of the other misc crap/backpacks/school work etc. and then lining up shoes under the bed...

Are any of my expectations on space out of whack?

Cel_disney I think you're over thinking this. If the 4 of you are traveling in two 24" bags (which as suitcases go are only microscopically bigger than the 22" carry-on bag) then that's not a lot & you should be fine on space. The bathroom storage is a combination of drawers & shelves (no wicker baskets). The drawers under the bed are huge as is the space under the end of the bed. The kitchenette storage is practically non-existent and is irrelevant to putting away clothes. We never hang anything up (we use color coded packing cubes & just put those into the drawers) but seems like there are usually 10-12 hangars in the closets.

Last edited:
The 24" bags hold twice as much as the carry on size (they are deep but short) and I am a master packer (special relations is my strong suit) so they will be packed in the most efficient way possible to fit in the bags! But - there is no way to live out of the bags the way they are packed or fit the clothes in the drawers the way they are packed. My son would try to get our one outfit and end up tossing or unfolding everything else!

With no washer/dryer in the steamy time of year we will be there - I expect to have 10 outfits, 2 bathing suits, and 2 pairs of PJs for each of us. Thats a lot of stuff - 40 pairs of socks and underwear just as a starting point! We usually bring 6 outfits and do laundry regularly instead!

I just know my family will have a better time in this studio if we are able to feel organized. On our cruise last year everything was able to have a place - tons of drawers and shelves and hanging space for everything. It made it possible to get thru the week in 250 sq ft! This room has more square footage but so much of it is bathroom space!

Thanks for all of the advice and reassurance...

And remember, you do have access to laundry facilities - just not conveniently located in your room. Laundry is on the first floor of Moorea, just off the lobby area. Your band will give you access to the room, and machines are free. There's an app you can download that will allow you to see real time status of each machine so you don't make wasted trips.

With the exception of the kitchen area, there is way more storage than it appears in pictures or at first glance. I don't remember more than 8-10 hangers in the closet, but it was sufficient - particularly with our hanging shelf unit

Steve

Bingo, you will run out of tabletop space and cubby holes quickly if you don't keep up with where things go. Then you'll make a bigger mess because you can't find what you were looking for, and it'll go missing 30 minutes before your Chef Mickey reservation, so the room will remain a miss, and by the time you get back at 11PM after the good night kiss and everyone is passed out the room stays a mess until the next day, when it gets messier!

Welcome to my life! :)

but we also usually have a washer!

You have access. :)

And remember, you do have access to laundry facilities - just not conveniently located in your room. Laundry is on the first floor of Moorea, just off the lobby area. Your band will give you access to the room, and machines are free.

Exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter