Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

I've totally done the cab option when backed into a corner. Nothing gets in the way of me and my vacation! :rotfl2:

You can submit lost photos directly on PP website. It's super easy! I also always take a picture of the photo, so I have the ID number. That makes it really easy for them to find it. :thumbsup2

OMG, those mini muffins at the Senses spa are the best! I could have eaten so many of them.

Why not get three desserts? :rotfl2:

I'm here! I'm here! :yay: And I'm totally caught up. I am seriously in awe of how much ground you've covered in the TR already. :worship: Seriously, I was happy to finally get the introduction chapter up in mine.

You have had some truly fantastic meals so far on your trip. Yak and Yeti is pretty much at the top of my want-to-try list. We just don't make it to AK on every trip. You guys were seated in the same room I was at Cali Grill, it was so quiet in there. It made for a lovely meal!

The spa treatments sounded amazing. I tried Senses for the first time on this trip and I'm hooked! Did you try the heated lounge chairs in the whirpool/steam room? That was truly heavenly.

And I am soooooo loving all your Disney bounding outfits, they're all so cute! :thumbsup2

Wow, your meal at California Grill looks awesome!! I haven't ever tried it either, so I will put that on my list. :)

Haha, I am sure the snake thanked you. :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about your next day!

Oh Lord that story with the little boy is precious. "I think we can do it." OMG adorable.

I've not been to the CG, but that view does look amazing.

SNAKE!!! I don't do snakes.

I still need to see Wishes from the Poly beach. I need a trip during non party season so there's a Wishes every night.

Ooooh, nice build to the next day.

I can't wait to get to the Poly! I know some changes have occurred since your trip but it doesn't seem like the construction has been terrible for you. Right?

Trip reports right before your own trip are dangerous. I'm now looking for ADRs for California Grill. Looks delicious!

I have been to California Grill yet, but it's on top of my list for my next trip. The vegetarian option with menu items is just too cool.

While it stinks not being in the Magic Kingdom for wishes, it always feels so cool seeing it from the resorts!

Love the report, keep it coming!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Man, I am loving this TR so far!!! I really like the Disney Bounding you're doing -- I just recently heard about it and I think it's a cute and creative idea! And club level is just so much fun! I've gotten to experience it a little at The Contemporary and I loved it... we would schedule trips back just to get new snacks, haha!

Disney Bounding is a lot of fun! I like to do it in my everyday life a little too. No one at works knows that polka dot shirt and red earrings means I am Minnie for the day!

I wish in my real life people would leave snacks out for me all day!

Wow you are flying through this report, hats off to you. We haven't been to Cali grill in a few years so looking forward to a visit next trip. Glad to hear you enjoyed the meal so much. The bananas look awesome. Do you remember what the veggie options you had were? I'm a carnivore myself but always looking to try new things.

The cool thing about the "Unplugged" is that it will be different every time (according to the waiter). It depends on what is in season and fresh. I do remember smoked risotto with the asparagus. There was also samosas. There were some flavors I couldn't even recognize!

First of all thanks for the info. I will have to play around with a little,
Second of all if it was a party of 7 that was us!!!! We were there around 8:00 and talked with him again around 10:00 so we very well could have been there at the same time. We were originally going to stay at the Poly. Although I have no regrets since our resort was very beautiful and Tropical and we saved enough money to switch to the Deluxe Dinning Plan ,I have to admit I never really noticed the construction. We could have easily stayed there. My Husband and have been to Maui and the Big Island. I just loved the Poly! It so reminded my of the Islands. Some day I would love to stay DVC there. If we get lucky to snatch a reservation that does not cost an arm,a leg and my son's unborn child LOL!!!!
I look forward to your trip report in September.

I think you would of been wearing a blue and white dress. I bet it was you! I can't wait to see how the Poly turns out! I just have to believe it will be better than ever before (but hopefully not any more expensive!)

I've totally done the cab option when backed into a corner. Nothing gets in the way of me and my vacation! :rotfl2:

You can submit lost photos directly on PP website. It's super easy! I also always take a picture of the photo, so I have the ID number. That makes it really easy for them to find it. :thumbsup2

OMG, those mini muffins at the Senses spa are the best! I could have eaten so many of them.

Why not get three desserts? :rotfl2:

I was amazed with how much faster the cab option was! And I didn't have to stand.

Seriously Danielle, why not 3 desserts? Next time I am getting the fried wontons at Yak and Yeti and getting as many desserts as Will wants!

I'm here! I'm here! :yay: And I'm totally caught up. I am seriously in awe of how much ground you've covered in the TR already. :worship: Seriously, I was happy to finally get the introduction chapter up in mine.

You have had some truly fantastic meals so far on your trip. Yak and Yeti is pretty much at the top of my want-to-try list. We just don't make it to AK on every trip. You guys were seated in the same room I was at Cali Grill, it was so quiet in there. It made for a lovely meal!

The spa treatments sounded amazing. I tried Senses for the first time on this trip and I'm hooked! Did you try the heated lounge chairs in the whirpool/steam room? That was truly heavenly.

And I am soooooo loving all your Disney bounding outfits, they're all so cute! :thumbsup2

Writing a TR chapter is the absolute favorite part of my day! I am going to fast I think, because I am almost out of days to write about! I should of stayed longer!

I did try those chairs the last time I sent to the spa. They look uncomfortable, but are amazing! I heard they have those in the Spas on Disney Cruises...which makes me more interested in checking out the DCL!

Wow, your meal at California Grill looks awesome!! I haven't ever tried it either, so I will put that on my list. :)

Haha, I am sure the snake thanked you. :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about your next day!

I think the ADR for Cali Grill can be one of the more difficult ones to get. I did see room at the bar though, so if it were just a few people, I bet you could try and see if you could get in! We might do that in the future!

Oh Lord that story with the little boy is precious. "I think we can do it." OMG adorable.

I've not been to the CG, but that view does look amazing.

SNAKE!!! I don't do snakes.

I still need to see Wishes from the Poly beach. I need a trip during non party season so there's a Wishes every night.

Ooooh, nice build to the next day.

I loved that little kid. He could have totally had a tantrum when told about the next day, but instead he kept his cool and negotiated!

I think you can see if there is room at the bar and they'll let you up to check it out. So you could see it even if you didn't want a whole meal.

I love all animals, but snakes are pushing it. :rotfl:

Nothing beats seeing Wishes in the MK. Second best though is the safety (crowd free) of your resort room!

I'm starting the chapter for the next day tonight!

I can't wait to get to the Poly! I know some changes have occurred since your trip but it doesn't seem like the construction has been terrible for you. Right?

Trip reports right before your own trip are dangerous. I'm now looking for ADRs for California Grill. Looks delicious!

I don't know why it took me so long to get my butt over to the Cali Grill! I loved it and I think it gets pretty positive reviews from people.

You will love the Poly. Even with the GCH waterfall being boarded up ( :sad: ) the landscape is still filled with fragrant flowers and palm trees! The stream outside is running strong! The torches will still be lit at night. And most importantly, you are in walking distance to the Monorail for EPCOT and 1 monorail stop from MK! I don't think the location can be beat!

I have been to California Grill yet, but it's on top of my list for my next trip. The vegetarian option with menu items is just too cool.

While it stinks not being in the Magic Kingdom for wishes, it always feels so cool seeing it from the resorts!

Love the report, keep it coming!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Cali Grille to me seemed like a "real" restaurant. At a fancy place at other cities, it is the norm for the Chef to make a Vegetarian meal based on the fresh selections. I think it is not-to-be-missed!

Magic Kingdom Before Rope Drop!!!

So this was the day I had been really dreaming about since I started planning this trip. As you know, those hard to get ADRs are easier to get on the last day of your reservation(which today was)!! So today was both a pre-rope drop breakfast at MK AND a BoG dinner at night!! Let’s get this day started!

After the stress of the morning before (trying to get to AK for our FP), we got up in plenty of time. No risking it today!! We quickly got dressed, and slathered on sunscreen.

Today was also my favorite outfit. You can’t tell, but I have this black and white polka dot headband. I thought who I was paying respect to was ob-vi-ous. However, as you will see soon, one PP photographer thought I was someone totally different.
IMAGE_1827.jpg

Of course we did not leave before leaving out the day’s Mousekeeping envelope! I saved my favorite for last.
IMAGE_1825.jpg

IMAGE_1826.jpg

I ran into our mousekeeper later that day when she saw me go out of our room. She was so thankful for the envelopes. She said “They are so beautiful, I thought surely you did not mean to leave that for housekeeping”. I was not sure how to even respond to that! I’ve already got more ready for the September trip. :goodvibes

Even though we would be eating a big breakfast soon, we really have a hard time passing up our life blood, also known as iced coffee.

Kona Island is a grab and go spot outside of Kona. There is a Hidden Mickey in the counter so be sure to look for it! The “barista” has been the same time every trip.
IMAGE_1828.jpg

IMAGE_1829.jpg

And right next to Kona Island is the Monorail stop! We literally grabbed and go’ed (ok, went) with our Iced Coffees and made it to the Monorail.
IMAGE_1830.jpg

I was just so excited. To be in the MK before it is really opened!! Who am I, Tom Cruise or something? Is this real life!?
IMAGE_1831.jpg

Once we made it through bag check, the line for those with pre-rope drop ADRs was on the far left.
IMAGE_1832.jpg

I felt like that kid, let’s get this show on the road!

Before long though, we started filtering in, one by one. Before being allowed in the line, you had to give your name and they checked you off a list.

Finally, we passed through the tunnel, and here we were! Freshly cleaned MK pavement!!

IMAGE_1833.jpg

Where is everyone!?!

IMAGE_1834.jpg

Oh, there they are. So, of course, it is not completely just you. We FOOLISHLY stopped at the first PP. Take note, if you do a pre-rope drop ADR, there were like 3-4 PP spread out on Main Street. The first one everyone stops at. Rookie mistake on our part!

We were up next!
wd025wdw201414176915492.jpeg

So then, the PP tells me to flex my muscles, and for Will to look impressed.

Huh? Why would Mickey Mouse (who I thought it was obvious who I was paying respect to) be flexing his muscles?

He thought I was GASTON!!! Boy, I sure missed the mark!

wd027wdw201414176915550.jpeg

After that PP experience we moved down a few to the last PP. This one was better because he offered us a Magic shot!

wd034wdw201414176920292_19.jpeg

wd035wdw201414176920293_19.jpeg

Right at the end of the street is where we would be having breakfast, Crystal Palace! We checked in quickly and soon I was sitting on the bench with this killer view.
IMAGE_1836.jpg

We only had to wait a few minutes before we were being called in!

Love getting into MK before the park is open. I like pre-opening ADR's for that exact reason. Such a great opportunity to take pictures.

Hahaha, wow Gaston really? That's too funny.

I love getting in the Park especially the MK before it opens. We always plan at least one or two per trip! You get the best pictures. Can't wait to see how your breakfast went.... Of course we know who you were going to meet! pooh::tigger::eeyore: and their little pink friend who doesn't have a Disney Smilie what's up with that? We need a Piglet smilie!!!

Ah, getting into the parks early when they are quiet and almost empty is such a treat! Also, that's funny about him thinking you were Gaston! Haha! And it's so sweet what you do for Mousekeeping... so thoughtful! :)

Can I just say how much I love your disneybounding outfits…super cute!! Now im seriously thinking about it for our trip in sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter