Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

All right, I'm actually getting caught up now! Woo hoo!

Okay I love the fact that Will likes to buy vintage Disney shirts off of Ebay. That's totally awesome.

Gotta love those socially awkward conversations at work. They just....don't...get it!

JetBlue never has directs for us out of O'Hare, so we've never flown. I've wanted to, but I hate stopovers. It's always Southwest for us.

I would certainly expect more from a Club Level check in. You pay a premium. You should be treated like you pay that premium. It's totally okay to be miffed about it.

I hold myself to the general idea that you don't complain about your job in front of customers/guests. It should never happen. That just irritates me.

Love BOG for lunch. We didn't get the email invite the first time either. I simply stormed the system and made a reservation too. :lmao:

Oh Showbiz Pizza. Even better than Chuck E Cheese. LOL. I love the Country Bears, I have to admit.

I much prefer Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, simply for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake. I'm a convert now. I will not eat there for dinner anyone. :rotfl:

You are so right, the weather that week was incredible!

The PB&J shake is on my list to try. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it.

There could totally be a CL challenge with that Mickey wasabi. "I dare you to eat an entire ear!"

We were there for EMH at the same time you were! We basically rode TSM twice and GMR.

Normally I would say direct is always best (especially with flights), EXCEPT when we're talking about the monorail. Any time you can add that in, it's a win to me.

"BTW, I seem to use HS and MGM interchangeably" --- Yeah I tend to do that as well. It's especially good when it's preceded by Hazahh! But then, what isn't?

YAY you made it. Good to know the 10 minute (or maybe 15) over shoot works too.

Elena, yes, go see the One Man's Dream movie next time. It's a treasure.

Ah poop (lol), that you didn't love Fantasmic! It's a must do for me, but yeah, your spot wasn't the best.

Really enjoying your report so far. I like you also call it MGM, in general I refuse to learn new names for thing ; ). Sorry you didn't enjoy fantastic. Definitely think your vantage point was part of it and the crowds out of there are never fun. We hit a downpour during our exit in January which was definitely not fun.

BtW, where did you get the duck tape? I definitely don't have the crafty skills to do some of the painting and other things people do to theirs, but duck tape I think I can handle. Also did you leave the Mickey showing or tape over it?

I am loving your TR! I can't wait to eat those cupcakes when we get down there!

Were there a bunch of people waiting to get food in the CL Lounge?? You said it was a mad dash, so now I am scared...LOL

I love the Goofy!! I can't wait to see your next Disney Bounding outfit! I am so glad that all of the pieces are coming in for our trip in 12 days! I am getting all of them together to make sure I don't forget anything!

Looking forward to the next day!! :thumbsup2

Cupcakes at Disney are a not to missed attraction!!

Once they opened up the evening selections, some people were waiting with plates in hand, ready to jump in. Maybe it settles down after it has been open for a while, but it seemed pretty crowded!

You are so close to your trip! Try to enjoy these slow days of anticipation though, as once the trip starts...it flies by!!

Oh RNR coaster is my absolute favorite ride at HS. Not only do I love the ride but I love the music! I love Areosmith. My 17 year old daughter loves them too and we are both going to see them in concert this September. Steven Tyler is still awesome so is the rest of the band. Can't wait to go see them again. We saw them two years ago.

I learned many years ago to make sure I leaned back in the seat before it moves. I forgot once and had a sore neck for a couple of days.

We have not been to Fantasmic in years and my younger daughter has never seen it. We'll definitely do it on our next trip. We sat on the other side of where you are right near the exit but still walking out was scary it was way too crowded and that is why I haven't taken my younger one to see it yet she would be smooshed. Last time we were there she was only 5.

You also now have me hooked on the cupcakes! I never knew they had such awesome cup cakes! I'll have to try some on our next trip! Great update! :rockband:

There was a thread on the Dis about celebrity spottings at WDW. Apparently Steven Tyler is a Disney fan and has been spotted often! Maybe you and your daughter will run into him one of these days!

I was scared for the little kids at Fantasmic!! I am a tall lady and could see what was ahead of us, but as a child, or even a shorter person, I would of been panic stricken!

My all-time favorite cupcake was consumed on our last day....:scratchin

Loving your report!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found it today! You and I are soo much alike! It would be fun to tour the parks together! LOL You know, I've been going to Disney with dh for years and with my family as a child. However, I've never travelled with a super duper Disney fan. Dh just sort of humours me!! The Poly is my fav hotel, but we've never done club level. Fun to hear your thoughts! When's your next trip????

Next trip is September 11th!! 103 days away!!! So close to double digits! It is nice to have a DH willing to go along. I really think Will enjoys himself way more than he did initially. It doesn't hurt that when he goes he basically has a VIP-tour guide (me!) planning everything for him. He rarely has to wait in a stand-by line!!

Have you done a trip report? I'd love to read it!

Oh, I TOTALLY understand :cool2:

I love this photo!!! Gorgeous colors and I feel like I'm there :cloud9:

EPCOT is a gorgeous place!!! I just wish they would put some more attention to some of the attractions there. When there is a new Soarin' film, I am so there!!

All right, I'm actually getting caught up now! Woo hoo!

Okay I love the fact that Will likes to buy vintage Disney shirts off of Ebay. That's totally awesome.

Gotta love those socially awkward conversations at work. They just....don't...get it!

JetBlue never has directs for us out of O'Hare, so we've never flown. I've wanted to, but I hate stopovers. It's always Southwest for us.

I would certainly expect more from a Club Level check in. You pay a premium. You should be treated like you pay that premium. It's totally okay to be miffed about it.

I hold myself to the general idea that you don't complain about your job in front of customers/guests. It should never happen. That just irritates me.

Love BOG for lunch. We didn't get the email invite the first time either. I simply stormed the system and made a reservation too. :lmao:

Oh Showbiz Pizza. Even better than Chuck E Cheese. LOL. I love the Country Bears, I have to admit.

I much prefer Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, simply for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake. I'm a convert now. I will not eat there for dinner anyone. :rotfl:

You are so right, the weather that week was incredible!

The PB&J shake is on my list to try. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it.

There could totally be a CL challenge with that Mickey wasabi. "I dare you to eat an entire ear!"

We were there for EMH at the same time you were! We basically rode TSM twice and GMR.

Danielle!!! Hello! I can't believe we were there at the same time, riding the same rides, and did not run into each other. I bet in the next year or two our trips will overlap again!!

Don't worry, next trip we will be going to LTT for lunch solely for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake!! I'll try the Toffee cake and you can try the PBJ shake. :thumbsup2

The Mickey wasabi looks so cute and innocent until you take a bite!!!

Thanks so much for reading! Your family is one of my favorites to tag along on your adventures!

Normally I would say direct is always best (especially with flights), EXCEPT when we're talking about the monorail. Any time you can add that in, it's a win to me.

"BTW, I seem to use HS and MGM interchangeably" --- Yeah I tend to do that as well. It's especially good when it's preceded by Hazahh! But then, what isn't?

YAY you made it. Good to know the 10 minute (or maybe 15) over shoot works too.

Elena, yes, go see the One Man's Dream movie next time. It's a treasure.

Ah poop (lol), that you didn't love Fantasmic! It's a must do for me, but yeah, your spot wasn't the best.

I totally thought about your experience of One Man's Dream and reallyreally wanted to see the movie! However, we would be missing Fantasmic so it was just not meant to be. It is nice though to have things to look forward to on future trips...

I really think if Walt were around when MGM and AK opened, he would of wanted the Monorail to extent to those parks. Will says when he gets on the bus it "extinguishes the magic" for him for a bit!

I think we will give Fantasmic another go in the future, but this time know where to sit!!

Really enjoying your report so far. I like you also call it MGM, in general I refuse to learn new names for thing ; ). Sorry you didn't enjoy fantastic. Definitely think your vantage point was part of it and the crowds out of there are never fun. We hit a downpour during our exit in January which was definitely not fun.

BtW, where did you get the duck tape? I definitely don't have the crafty skills to do some of the painting and other things people do to theirs, but duck tape I think I can handle. Also did you leave the Mickey showing or tape over it?

I will definitely give Fantasmic another try. But will be way more prepared! Rain and shoulder to shoulder crowds seem like a whole 'nother level of yuck!

There is a "whole new world" of Duct tape out there!
http://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape/printed-duck-tape/1379?swatch=true
I actually got mine on Amazon, but they have every kind available on the Duckbrand website. I'm trying to decide for my September trip. I'm thinking candy corn or spiders....

I did not leave the Mickey part open. However, it was easy to tell where the Mickey Head was as it is the flat part of the band.

Thanks for reading!

That's awesome you got to bookend your Yoda cupcake from earlier in the day with a Vader one. :thumbsup2

We did Fantasmic just once waaaaaaaay back in 2008 and haven't given it a second chance yet. DD was just two and she did not appreciate the show.....at all. DW and I didn't appreciate the crowds at all. We're going to give this another go next year in June and I'll be signing up for a dining package.

I'm loving all of your ride photos from ToT and RnR! RnR is my favorite coaster in Disney and ToT is my favorite attraction in all of Disney. Can't wait until the kids get old enough and brave enough to come along with me on RnR :thumbsup2

That's awesome you got to bookend your Yoda cupcake from earlier in the day with a Vader one. :thumbsup2

We did Fantasmic just once waaaaaaaay back in 2008 and haven't given it a second chance yet. DD was just two and she did not appreciate the show.....at all. DW and I didn't appreciate the crowds at all. We're going to give this another go next year in June and I'll be signing up for a dining package.

I'm loving all of your ride photos from ToT and RnR! RnR is my favorite coaster in Disney and ToT is my favorite attraction in all of Disney. Can't wait until the kids get old enough and brave enough to come along with me on RnR :thumbsup2

Yes! Do the Fantasmic Dining Package! That was a great section and it is closer to the exit. I think if we try it again we would do that as well!

Let's hope your kids are thrill seekers like yourself!!

It was going to be an Animal Kingdom morning!

Just as we had thought, we were running behind the next morning. I was conflicted between letting Will sleep more, and getting to AK after rope drop, or less sleep and less crowds. I decided to let him sleep more, which he later told me he would have rather gotten an hour less sleep (than seeing the wide-eyed “we are missing rope-drop!” panic in my eyes).

We ate the club level continental breakfast as quickly as we could. If curious, the breakfast choices are 3 different cereals, hot oatmeal, bagels (with a toaster available) and juice. There is yogurt if you ask for it. Really nice to have such a healthy start to the day!

We were power-walking to the bus stop and it looked like an AK bus just left and there were people who did not get on because it was so packed. Blech.

We were way past rope drop now. And now I was worried about missing our FP+ window for the Safari! This was going to close at 10:00am. So, Will suggests we take a cab, which I knew, with tip, would be like $25. But you know what? We went for it! Planning this trip 200 days in advance, I was going for it!! Bye bye $25!! Hellloooo AK!

With the cab, the trip seemed so quick! They basically drop you right off at the front! We were walking through the gates in no time!
wd023wdw201414076768732.jpeg

My Disney Bounding character is a little harder to guess this time. My necklace is red beads. Bonus points if you figure it out!!

We headed right to Africa and boarded our truck for the Safari! Our guide was really nice and gave us some info we had not gotten before.
IMAGE_1758.jpg

I’m not sure these trees are real, but could fool me!
IMAGE_1759.jpg

Hi sweetie!
IMAGE_1761.jpg

Woobly baby giraffe legs!
IMAGE_1762.jpg

Elephants!
IMAGE_1764.jpg

Zebra butt!
IMAGE_1765.jpg

This was a really nice safari, though the big cats were still hard to find.

We hopped off the truck and got some Coke Zeros to cool off with as we walked all...the….way...to Dinoland, for the next FP. Dinosaur!
IMAGE_1766.jpg

IMAGE_1767.jpg

IMAGE_1768.jpg

We had the ride photo added to our account, allegedly, but it never showed up! I wasn’t bothered enough by this though to make any phone calls!

*PHOTO Just imagine Will and I looking at a T-rex. PHOTO*

So far, FP+ was really working out well for us! We got to sleep in and had 2 popular rides with no wait! Up next was EE!
IMAGE_1769.jpg

IMAGE_1770.jpg

wd019wdw201414076632532.jpeg

With so much walking and rollarcoasting(I verbed it), we had worked up quite an appetite! We had an ADR for one of our favorites, Yak and Yeti! We had an ADR for 12noon, but got there at 11:45am and got seated right away. By the time we left at 12:30pm, the waiting area was packed, so keep that in mind if making an ADR there!

We love the menu!
IMAGE_1771.jpg

We noticed a difference in the waitstaff right away (compared to other WDW places). Why was she being so nice to us and making such great eye contact and really describing the menu? Turns out this is a Landry’s restaurant, like the same company that owns Morton’s steakhouse! Maybe it was just a fluke, but it felt very different than any other place we had eaten at in WDW in a long time.

Lettuce wraps with tofu!
IMAGE_1772.jpg

We split the Lo-mein with tofu and got a side of fried rice.
IMAGE_1774.jpg

IMAGE_1775.jpg

Feeling fairly satisfied (except I wanted the fried wontons but Will said he was full and we decided to pass on them) we got up to walk around a little bit.

Rarely seen....Wild Florida Ducks!!!
IMAGE_1776.jpg

IMAGE_1777.jpg

We walked around the Oasis for a bit also.
IMAGE_1778.jpg

IMAGE_1779.jpg

I really wanted to spend more time at AK, but I planned a Spa afternoon for us. We plan on coming back in September and I have a whole day (from pre-rope drop morning at Tusker House to dinner at Jiko!) planned for the AK area!

I did not want to be late so I thought we left with plenty of time to make our spa appointments. So off to the bus stop we went...and waited and waited…..
IMAGE_1780.jpg

I will definitely give Fantasmic another try. But will be way more prepared! Rain and shoulder to shoulder crowds seem like a whole 'nother level of yuck! There is a "whole new world" of Duct tape out there! http://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape/printed-duck-tape/1379?swatch=true I actually got mine on Amazon, but they have every kind available on the Duckbrand website. I'm trying to decide for my September trip. I'm thinking candy corn or spiders.... I did not leave the Mickey part open. However, it was easy to tell where the Mickey Head was as it is the flat part of the band. Thanks for reading!

This is awesome, THANK YOU!!! we already have 4 magic bands and I'm banking on at least 3 more for our September trip (split stay and annual pass bands still to come) so I can go crazy. Already eyeing up the Mickey, steelers, and VT selections.

Hmmm, the only guess I can make is Smee for your outfit based on the shirt. Not really sure though...

I bet one of the big benefits of Club Level Baby is the time savings it provides. :thumbsup2

You're kinda really showing the upside of FP+ here. The big 3 AK rides even after arriving late. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter