Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

I am really impressed so far with FP+ being able to get on the tree big rides and getting to the park later is very appealing! I have heard that people are able to switch their selections as well if plans change and they end up in a different park for the day. So far I like what I am hearing about FP+.

You made a very cute Smee! :) pirate:

Just got all caught up. Love the cupcake! And your ride pictures are great. :) I just love Animal Kingdom...we always do a full day there. The safari is my favorite. :)

This is awesome, THANK YOU!!! we already have 4 magic bands and I'm banking on at least 3 more for our September trip (split stay and annual pass bands still to come) so I can go crazy. Already eyeing up the Mickey, steelers, and VT selections.

Go crazy my friend! :rotfl:

Hmmm, the only guess I can make is Smee for your outfit based on the shirt. Not really sure though...

I bet one of the big benefits of Club Level Baby is the time savings it provides. :thumbsup2

You're kinda really showing the upside of FP+ here. The big 3 AK rides even after arriving late. :cool1:

I totally went in with low expectations for FP+. I think I will always be a rope-dropper though!

Smee!! You got it! I agree, kind of subtle.I had the striped shirt already and had to figure out who I could represent!

I am really impressed so far with FP+ being able to get on the tree big rides and getting to the park later is very appealing! I have heard that people are able to switch their selections as well if plans change and they end up in a different park for the day. So far I like what I am hearing about FP+.

You made a very cute Smee! :) pirate:

Arghhh, Thank you me lady! pirate: (that's my best pirate Smee impression)

I don't think I even thought about trying to get a later time for the Safari that morning. Maybe with practice I will feel better about making changes on the fly! I am so used to my spreadsheets and schedules that I feel like I have to stick to the plan no matter what!

Just got all caught up. Love the cupcake! And your ride pictures are great. :) I just love Animal Kingdom...we always do a full day there. The safari is my favorite. :)

I have heard it said that AK is a half-day park. I think if you were just hitting the big 3 rides, that may be true. What I want to do the next visit though is take my time and appreciate the details and go on all of the pathways! I'll be lucky if we get through the whole park in a day!

Now, I like to think I am an awesome WDW planner, but I seemed to have underestimated transportation times several times on this trip. I started to panic a little bit while at AK, while waiting for the bus for Poly. Finally one showed up and we took off pretty quickly, but then we had to stop off at Blizzard Beach! And then Contemporary and THEN Poly. Yipes! Spa time was getting close. We jumped off the bus and headed to the room to grab our bathing suits.

I had to take take a pic of my favorite tiki though as we passed to the lobby.
IMAGE_1781.jpg

We grabbed what we needed, downed some water, dropped off the Mousekeeping turndown envelope and raced to the Monorail stop. While there I took this pic. Looks like the fountain in front is going to be rehabbed as well.
IMAGE_1782.jpg

We were 5 minutes late, and they were really nice about it. Will was getting a massage and I was getting a “Coconut treatment” (really had no idea what that was, but who doesn’t love coconuts! I could have been treating a coconut for all I knew. Giving it a little rubdown). They moved our time back by 10 minutes, which meant we could change at a more leisurely pace. I felt really bad about being late, but they were all zen about it.

This is where you check in. The spa is in a building closer to the DVC area of GF.
IMAGE_1787.jpg

The changing area.
IMAGE_1783.jpg

The little room where you wait for your treatment.
IMAGE_1784.jpg

Teas and water and little mini-muffins (I may of ate like 4 of them...come on, I skipped the dessert at Yak and Yeti!).
IMAGE_1785.jpg

Really nice sandals, more than your average flip flop!
IMAGE_1786.jpg

My “treatment” was really really nice. I really just wanted my legs and feet rubbed, but this was amazing. You are on a warm bed, and the CM (masseuse?) exfoliates everywhere with a gritty, very tasty smelling, coconut substance. Then you get in this darkly lit shower (with little LED candles flickering) and rinse off. Then you get back on the table and she rubs you down with lotion (SPF if you request it).

It makes you feel like:
giphy.gif

I did not want it to end, but as they say, all good things…

I scraped myself off the table and went back to the little waiting room. You can stay as long as you like. There is this amazing whirlpool with HIDDEN MICKEYS in the tile. What other spa has that!?! However my CM/Masseuse says I should not go into the water after my treatment. Wahwahhhh. So I sat for a little bit and started to get restless. I had not seen a monorail or heard a ferry boat horn in over an hour now and was starting to get the itch :)

I decided I would be happier sitting on the porch of the spa, waiting for Will, than in the windowless little spa room.

Now that’s better!!!
IMAGE_1788.jpg

IMAGE_1789.jpg

Will finished up shortly after me. He got a scalp massage as well so his hair was extra adorable.

We headed over the the GF to check it out. We did almost stay there this trip! We walked through the DVC building and it is really nice.
I love the main lobby in GF though!

Hello Ms. Potts!
IMAGE_1800.jpg

Hidden mickey alert!
IMAGE_1802.jpg

I saw this purse and Will was like, you need that. I was all, no way, I am not a fancy purse kind of gal. Though it really intrigued me. It is made in the US, from seat belts. Do I give in??? Stay tuned.
IMAGE_1801.jpg

lXVpn7nxTDJGiacfHFPea5c8b64hLJq5FfWDFUcMfec=w151-h200-p-no

We both were feeling a little too relaxed at this point, and knew we needed to get a little caffeine to finish out the evening! Without getting into MK (Starbucks) getting an iced coffee after 12noon is a challenge! Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the only MK resort that serves iced coffee after noon is Contemporary. We had not explored there yet this trip anyway, so we sauntered over to the monorail, me leaving a wake of coconut scents.

IMAGE_1790.jpg

This CM was really nice, but it was only her and there was a long line of conference go-ers (and Will and I, him with his hair sticking up and me in my Smee attire smelling fruity...we kind of stood out). When the line got down to just us, she told us how hard her job is when it is just her and why don’t they hire another person. I did not have an answer for her, but I did make it easy when all we ordered were 2 pre-made iced coffees (“This is the last of the iced coffee! I haven’t had time to make anymore!!!”). So...sorry for anyone else who went to Contemporary Grounds after 3pm on May 20 who wanted an iced coffee!

The coffee was really good and hit the spot! Not ready to retreat to our room we shopped at the Contemporary and I got the new package of Holiday Mickey Antenna toppers! Satisfied that I had finally bought something, we went back to Poly, sipping our coffees and taking in the landscaping. Our backyard is reallyreally lacking. I dream of a backyard, themed like Poly someday!!
IMAGE_1792.jpg

IMAGE_1793.jpg

I LOVE YOU POLY WATERFALL!
IMAGE_1796.jpg

RIP Waterfall :sad:

I gave us plenty of time to clean up, for what turns out to be my favorite WDW dinner ever!

I LOVE YOU POLY WATERFALL!
IMAGE_1796.jpg

RIP Waterfall :sad:

I gave us plenty of time to clean up, for what turns out to be my favorite WDW dinner ever!

I know I am going to miss the waterfall too! :( Lots of memories with that lobby for me and my family. Oh well we will just have to make new ones when the construction is finished. I'm hoping it is nice. Although I'm not sure how much longer we could afford it.

The spa sounds lovely. Ahhh I could sure use one about now! :cloud9:

You can never tell with the buses what stops they are going to make. They always seem to change them up. But yay you guys made it! Can't wait to hear about your dinner! Wonder where it will be... hmmmmm

Ok, totally caught up. Great report. Bill's red pants are waaaaaayyyy to hip. I would love to rock those at WDW, made extra cool with vintage t's. If it's over 65deg I always wear shorts and sandals though.

Your cast member experience is almost hard to believe, they are always such great Disney fans, ESP when you check in, you've gotta be happy!!!

Fantasmic, I love Fantasmic, but yes, the exiting procedure is terrible.

Keep it coming!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am sooooo impressed!!! This has really inspired me!!!! I have only been to WDW once in the past and Disney Land once as a young teen. This past May was my childrens first trip to the World and we also treated my parents whom joined us on our adventure. I think I may have found a way to keep the magic going a little longer; writting a trip report! A few questions if you do not mind. How do you add chapters so that people can go directly to that chapter? I am still getting our pictures loaded so I can add them to posts. I am soooo looking forward to writting a trip report an hope I can shoot you some questions.

Glad you made it to your appt and wasn't too late. Your spa experience sounds awesome!! :) Love the purse...I hope you bought it. :)

I know I am going to miss the waterfall too! :( Lots of memories with that lobby for me and my family. Oh well we will just have to make new ones when the construction is finished. I'm hoping it is nice. Although I'm not sure how much longer we could afford it.

The spa sounds lovely. Ahhh I could sure use one about now! :cloud9:

You can never tell with the buses what stops they are going to make. They always seem to change them up. But yay you guys made it! Can't wait to hear about your dinner! Wonder where it will be... hmmmmm

I really hope they don't increase the price too much once the renovations are complete! There will be less non-DVC options to choose from, so more demand. Gulp.

The Spa WAS lovely. Though one can probably go to a nice spa in their town, but can't ride Haunted Mansion. I might just stick to the parks next time!

Dinner is up next!

Ok, totally caught up. Great report. Bill's red pants are waaaaaayyyy to hip. I would love to rock those at WDW, made extra cool with vintage t's. If it's over 65deg I always wear shorts and sandals though.

Your cast member experience is almost hard to believe, they are always such great Disney fans, ESP when you check in, you've gotta be happy!!!

Fantasmic, I love Fantasmic, but yes, the exiting procedure is terrible.

Keep it coming!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Will's style is a little different. I see bright red pants and I am like, "really?", and he is like, "yeah...really awesome!!!". He will appreciate your appreciation for them!

I am sooooo impressed!!! This has really inspired me!!!! I have only been to WDW once in the past and Disney Land once as a young teen. This past May was my childrens first trip to the World and we also treated my parents whom joined us on our adventure. I think I may have found a way to keep the magic going a little longer; writting a trip report! A few questions if you do not mind. How do you add chapters so that people can go directly to that chapter? I am still getting our pictures loaded so I can add them to posts. I am soooo looking forward to writting a trip report an hope I can shoot you some questions.

Hey! I remember you from the Poly thread! I think you had a lot of concerns about a photoshoot you were going to do with your family on May 18th (worried about the construction). May 18th was the day we checked in. We walked by a family that was talking to a photographer and I wanted to shout out "Horse11!" To see if anyone turned around!! hope your pictures turned out as you had hoped! There were still a lot of beautiful spots!

This interface is not very obvious. For a chapter, make sure to save the next reply after your introduction for a space for chapters. Once you make an update, click on the small number in the top right-hand. This will take you to that unique web address for that reply. Copy that. Go to your chapter page and type the title you want that update to be called.
Example: "Next Update"
Then highlight "Next Update"
Then go up to the little icons and click the little Earth icon that has a little chain on it. Paste the web address in that link and hit enter.
Voila! Your "Next Update" should now be a different color and when you click on it, it should take you to that link.

That's the best explanation I can give!!! :rotfl:

Glad you made it to your appt and wasn't too late. Your spa experience sounds awesome!! :) Love the purse...I hope you bought it. :)

I think in general, it is pretty hard to have a bad spa experience! Add in unlimited mini-muffins and hidden Mickeys, and it is hard to beat!

I am not sure why we had never eaten at California Grill before. I think the last time we were in WDW, maybe it was under construction? I was super excited to try it as that is where we were heading!!!

On the monorail ride over, I overheard an adorable conversation. A young boy, maybe 5, was with his parents. They tell him tomorrow they have to get on the bus to leave and would only have an hour to be at the pool before getting on the bus to the airport. His smiling face went sad, his shoulders hunched and he says “but I want to go to the Magic Kingdom again”. Mom says, but we would only have one hour there. He thinks about this and negotiates “I think we can do it, we will just have to ride one really small ride (uses his hands to indicate a small sized ride)”. Parents smile and agree. Well played kid.

Once at the Contemp, we went from the 4th floor (where the monorail puts you) to the 2nd floor, to check in (elevators take you up to the actual restaurant).
IMAGE_1807.jpg

We were whisked up so quickly, the hostess barely was able to give her spiel. Soon we exited and were struck by the smells and sounds of a bustling restaurant.

We were sat in what I think has got to be one of the quietest spots in the whole place. A little corner room facing Bay Lake.
IMAGE_1814.jpg

IMAGE_1808.jpg

We love our sparkling waters!
IMAGE_1809.jpg

Darn humidity. I apologize on my hair’s behalf.
IMAGE_1810.jpg

We walked out to the observation deck on the MK side and what a view!
IMAGE_1811.jpg

They were also playing music up there and it was so fun! There was a young man, who I believe was on the Autism Spectrum, who spoke enthusiastically about the MK and pointed almost every ride to me. I told him I appreciated his tour!

Once back at the table our flatbread pizza came. Looks like we took a piece before getting the picture. We were ravenous!
IMAGE_1813.jpg

Then we split heaven on Earth, also known as the “Unplugged”.
IMAGE_1815.jpg

This is a vegetarian option that is not written on the menu. A plate is passed to the chefs and they have to create something vegetarian from the ingredients they have. Oh my good gravy! It was so good! Flavors that I had never even had before!!

Will then wanted 3 desserts, I said we should split 1, and we agreed on splitting 2. Marriage is about compromise.

We got the candy bar, which was really good.
IMAGE_1817.jpg

And the BANANA FRITTERS.
IMAGE_1816.jpg

Those sauces are carmel, PB, and chocolate. Woozers! Will told me I should try one dipped in all 3, and that man is a genius. Oh my, now I am hungry just typing about those!!

Sadly, we were done with the glorious meal and made our way towards the exit.
Good-bye CG! I think we will be seeing you again someday!
IMAGE_1818.jpg

We took the monorail one stop to the TTC and walked to Poly. I jumped about a foot off the ground when this guy crossed my path.
IMAGE_1820.jpg

I think it was trying to kill me. Will thinks it was a scared snake that was far from the safety of the bush and was trying to get back. I got Will a long branch (10 foot poll would not have been enough for me) and he got the little dude to safety. I think I heard a “Thankssss” hissed at us.

We had a fun, night walk in the tropics.
IMAGE_1822.jpg

We made it in time to watch one of the greatest shows on Earth, Wishes.
IMAGE_1824.jpg

Another freakin’ magical day!

And little did I know, the next day was going to be one of my favorites in the history of favorite WDW days!

Man, I am loving this TR so far!!! I really like the Disney Bounding you're doing -- I just recently heard about it and I think it's a cute and creative idea! And club level is just so much fun! I've gotten to experience it a little at The Contemporary and I loved it... we would schedule trips back just to get new snacks, haha!

Wow you are flying through this report, hats off to you. We haven't been to Cali grill in a few years so looking forward to a visit next trip. Glad to hear you enjoyed the meal so much. The bananas look awesome. Do you remember what the veggie options you had were? I'm a carnivore myself but always looking to try new things.

Hey! I remember you from the Poly thread! I think you had a lot of concerns about a photoshoot you were going to do with your family on May 18th (worried about the construction). May 18th was the day we checked in. We walked by a family that was talking to a photographer and I wanted to shout out "Horse11!" To see if anyone turned around!! hope your pictures turned out as you had hoped! There were still a lot of beautiful spots!

This interface is not very obvious. For a chapter, make sure to save the next reply after your introduction for a space for chapters. Once you make an update, click on the small number in the top right-hand. This will take you to that unique web address for that reply. Copy that. Go to your chapter page and type the title you want that update to be called.
Example: "Next Update"
Then highlight "Next Update"
Then go up to the little icons and click the little Earth icon that has a little chain on it. Paste the web address in that link and hit enter.
Voila! Your "Next Update" should now be a different color and when you click on it, it should take you to that link.

That's the best explanation I can give!!! :rotfl:

First of all thanks for the info. I will have to play around with a little,
Second of all if it was a party of 7 that was us!!!! We were there around 8:00 and talked with him again around 10:00 so we very well could have been there at the same time. We were originally going to stay at the Poly. Although I have no regrets since our resort was very beautiful and Tropical and we saved enough money to switch to the Deluxe Dinning Plan ,I have to admit I never really noticed the construction. We could have easily stayed there. My Husband and have been to Maui and the Big Island. I just loved the Poly! It so reminded my of the Islands. Some day I would love to stay DVC there. If we get lucky to snatch a reservation that does not cost an arm,a leg and my son's unborn child LOL!!!!
I look forward to your trip report in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter