Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

I've never eaten at 50's (or any sit down dinner for that matter), but it does sound like a lot of fun.

OMG, for some reason I just find your animation class so comical. Grown men booing the selection of what animated character to draw. :lmao:

While I feel insanely bad that Will had to work on vacation (though not bad surroundings to work in), that's so awesome that he solved the issue. Hero!!!

I make him an itinerary almost more for me than him. That way I don't get asked a hundred times, so what's the plan again? :goodvibes

I totally understand that. I've done the same thing myself. ;)

Your pictures are great! I love the views! And the chocolate looks yummy!!

Your husband reminds me of Jon Hamm. Take off those glasses so we can make an accurate assessment!

You're crackin' me up! The alternative to: "Um, like, one time at band camp..." I would say that!

And we've been to WDW more than 50 times, so I long ago resorted to telling people we were going Florida on vacation. Good call tying it in the relatives!

Write on ...

Wow I can not believe that TSM fills up so quickly in the morning. I love it but geeze 40 mins right after opening. My favorite ride at HS is RNRC. Hope you guys make it. The food looks wonderful and I also love the cute PB&J sandwiches. My younger daughter would love them. I also love the Volcano pool too. Zero entry and the waterfall? What is not to love? Also the bar right near it with great tropical drinks doesn't hurt either! :rotfl2::rolleyes1

I also work in the IT field and have had to "work" at WDW. Comes with the job. Glad he saved the day! :yay: Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day.

RnR is one of my favorites too! I think we could make those PB&J sandwiches at home if we tried...but I bet they just taste better when someone else makes them!

Oh you IT folks :surfweb: Helping our world stay connected!

I've never eaten at 50's (or any sit down dinner for that matter), but it does sound like a lot of fun.

OMG, for some reason I just find your animation class so comical. Grown men booing the selection of what animated character to draw. :lmao:

While I feel insanely bad that Will had to work on vacation (though not bad surroundings to work in), that's so awesome that he solved the issue. Hero!!!

Right?! I have only done 2 animation classes, but I didn't think it was a democracy! I mean, like, grown men, Boooing this sweet little cartoon lady. Like her offering to draw Doug was some Boo-able offense!

You are a wiser man with your money than I am! Sit down meals are pricey. However, I insist you consider making an 8am ADR for a MK breakfast, before rope drop, on some trip. Pretty darn magical!

I totally understand that. I've done the same thing myself. ;)

Your pictures are great! I love the views! And the chocolate looks yummy!!

I have to say the chocolate looked a little yummier than it tasted. However, I have never met a piece of chocolate I was not able to choke down.:rotfl:

Your husband reminds me of Jon Hamm. Take off those glasses so we can make an accurate assessment!

giphy.gif

You're crackin' me up! The alternative to: "Um, like, one time at band camp..." I would say that!

And we've been to WDW more than 50 times, so I long ago resorted to telling people we were going Florida on vacation. Good call tying it in the relatives!

Write on ...

At the rate I am going, I am going to have to start coming up with more excuses. My colleagues will be like, wow, you really like those relatives!

Maybe you should just tell them you are going home again! They will probably assume it's for family, but any Disney Person would totally know what you mean!

CL at the POLY.... So jelly! ::yes::

Loving your trip report! Thanks for sharing! :flower3:

Maybe you should just tell them you are going home again! They will probably assume it's for family, but any Disney Person would totally know what you mean!

CL at the POLY.... So jelly! ::yes::

Loving your trip report! Thanks for sharing! :flower3:

You are a genius! Next time I am going to stay at the Polynesian, I will say to my colleagues "I am staying with family"...because, well, Ohana means family! :lmao:

:laughing:

too cute!

I LOVE your Goofy-inspired outfit :thumbsup2

Really enjoying your report :)

Thank you for appreciating the Beeker pin!!! When I pulled my camera out, Will was like, you aren't going to take a picture of that man's head are you? I was like darn-tootin' I am! :banana:

So, when we left off, we planned on taking the monorail to EPCOT and then bus to MGM. I knew we may risk our FP to RnR, but just were not feeling the long bus ride!

We did not have to wait long at all for the EPCOT monorail (and with Poly, it is just a short walk to the TTC).
IMAGE_1732.jpg

We got in the last car and got a window seat. Again, this was the closest we would get to EPCOT this trip, but loved to see the Flower and Garden decorations.
IMAGE_1733.jpg

IMAGE_1734.jpg

IMAGE_1735.jpg

Once we were off the relaxing monorail ride, we realized we had less than 15 minutes to make it to the entrance of RnR. YIPES!!
We went from ahhh, this is nice relaxing trip, to gogogogo!!

We sped walked to the HS bus stop at EPCOT and Hazahh! there was the MGM bus(BTW, I seem to use HS and MGM interchangeably).

I thought...we got this!

I knew HS and EPCOT are super close, what I forgot was that the bus though has to go…..alll...the….way….around….to get to HS. It seemed to take a longggg time to get to HS, even though the bus left right away from EPCOT.

We jumped off the bus and again sped walk to HS entrance. Breezed through bag check and hightailed it to RnR!!!

This is where I got to test something:
I had read you can be 5 minutes early for your FP+ reservation or 10 minutes late.

I am hear to tell you we were almost exactly 10 minutes late, but were let through!!!!

I was nervous as I love rollercoasters, but this is a doozy! When I was at the conference last October, Will says he went on the single rider line like 10 times, so he is a pro!

I can’t keep my eyes open during the blast off!
rrwp.jpeg

It was such a rush, one, because well it is a rollarcoaster, and two, because we were not sure we were even going to make it on, as we were cutting it so close!!!

Once we were through, we were in such great moods. Will had conquered the work issue, and I was back on track with our rides!! We went to the FP kiosk near RnR and picked our next ride. VoTLM was available so I didn’t have to miss it after all!

We did some window shopping while waiting the 15 minutes until the VoTLM window expired (it was basically available right after we got off RnR).

Duffy for those Duffy fans out there!
IMAGE_1736.jpg

I am more of a Goofy fan!
IMAGE_1737.jpg

We then slid in right at the last moment (why stand with everyone else if you have a FP?)
IMAGE_1738.jpg

IMAGE_1739.jpg

IMAGE_1740.jpg

Will did not appreciate the waterfall part where he got kind of wet (we were close to the front). The good part of the show was it was exactly as I remembered it from like 10 years ago! Unfortunately, that was the bad part as well. I think they should update the clips they show as the film looks worse than the old Soarin’ film!

Right after VoTLM, we went to get our next FP+! There really is a lot less to choose from than MK. No ToT, RnR, TSMM, but this was about 8:00pm. Fantasmic was available for 9:00pm, and I had never been. I have seen the Fantasmic crowds exiting after a show though so I was leary. Will was curious, so 9:00pm Fantasmic it is!

I wanted to see the Walt Disney museum while we waited and loved this. We did not actually see the movie but will definitely do so in the future!
IMAGE_1743.jpg

I mainly went to see this guy!
IMAGE_1744.jpg

At the end they have “future” concepts, and new FL is a big part of that display. Now that 7DMT has opened though, they need to have a new future concept there!

After partaking in the Rebel Alliance cupcake this morning, Yoda, we were jonesing to be bad. We got in line for some Coke Zeros and a Darth Vadar cupcake!

I had a funny conversation with a nice couple in front of me. We were talking about MB and they liked our Poly themed ones. They said they were there without their kids and what a great time they were having. They said they would be going to Ohana’ for breakfast but then asked me if they thought that would be weird, going to a character breakfast without children. I said of course not! But then I reminded them that I am a grown woman dressed up as Goofy, so they should keep that in mind when they elicit input from me :rotfl:

The cupcake took a while, but was so worth it! It was chocolate/PB!
Elena...I am your cupcake.
IMAGE_1899.jpg

We took our time, and waited for our Fantasmic slot to come close the end of the window.

Up next, Fantasmic and claustrophobia!

After our scrumptious cupcake from the darkside, we were ready to check out this whole Fantasmic thing. Boy, were we under-prepared for the crowd. I figured since we were all fancy-pants with our FP, we could stroll in close to the start and get a good seat. :lmao:

Well, we were allowed to have a seat, as without a FP it was standing room only by the time we got there.

When we entered the arena we started walking, and walking, and....you get the picture. We were seated in the very last section, but fairly close to the front (keep this in mind for exiting, as we were basically as far as one can be away from the exit!).
IMAGE_1746.jpg

The pre-show seemed to go on for a long time, but Will and I had our earplugs in and just messed with our phones for a while. I knew very little about what to expect, except there would be a boat at the end with lots of characters on it, and I only knew this from seeing other TR.

I got this one shot of Sorcerer Mickey when the show started.
IMAGE_1747.jpg

The whole show was okay, but we were really at an odd angle. I did enjoy the boat at the end though! Will later commented if it had just been the boat going around 20 times I would have enjoyed it more!
IMAGE_1748.jpg

IMAGE_1749.jpg

Hey Goofy!!!
IMAGE_1750.jpg

IMAGE_1751.jpg

And now I know why everyone has a picture of the boat in the TR, as it is the easiest thing to capture in a picture, and it is awesome.

I would give the whole production though moderate marks. Maybe I would have liked it more if the exiting would not have been so horrible. Why don’t they have people exit by section? Having a free for all was dangerous!!! It is dark and jammed packed!! We slowly followed an ECV which helped disperse the crowd a little bit. A CM was taking two teenage girls through the crowds saying, “Make way, emergency!” and could barely get through. We then caught a very unpleasant whiff, so the whole exiting process was, let’s say, a poopy experience.

When we finally got through the crowds, I realized the two things we wanted to ride again, ToT and RnR were going to be packed because Fantasmic essentially feeds people right to those rides! EMH were going to be from 10pm-12am, so we decided to wait out the storm a bit and window shop again.

These Yodas always seemed a little creepy to me how they are hung.
IMAGE_1752.jpg

Mickey Vadar?
IMAGE_1753.jpg

Animal!!! “Bad froggg!”
IMAGE_1754.jpg

Was it wrong I really wanted this?
IMAGE_1755.jpg

Eventually things lightened up a little bit, but all in all I was surprised at the number of people still around for EMH. If you are curious, as I was, for EMH in the evenings, they scan your band to be sure you are a resort member, before allowing you on the rides. So it seems if you wanted to just walk around, EMH is not really enforced.

Eventually we were able to go on ToT! One of my favorites!
wptot.jpeg

And RnR twice. Once together and once through the SR line.

Will thinks the intro is too loud. I would not be able to plug my ears if I wanted to with that G-force!
-tHCEVDnEfjYx-UZPfxC32X8pRkYxUitP3nTtgAaYLY=w341-h227-p-no

The girl I sat next too during SR was awesome. There were some really obnoxiously loud teens in the line. She rolled her eyes and said “Teens….I am one and I don’t even like them”.
wd017wdw201414076554864.jpeg

I had not planned on us staying so late at the park, but we had so much fun!!! We were beat though and decided to head back home before the EMH officially ended. I had wanted an early start for AK tomorrow, but I knew we were not going to make rope drop!

I am loving your TR! I can't wait to eat those cupcakes when we get down there!

Were there a bunch of people waiting to get food in the CL Lounge?? You said it was a mad dash, so now I am scared...LOL

I love the Goofy!! I can't wait to see your next Disney Bounding outfit! I am so glad that all of the pieces are coming in for our trip in 12 days! I am getting all of them together to make sure I don't forget anything!

Looking forward to the next day!! :thumbsup2

Oh RNR coaster is my absolute favorite ride at HS. Not only do I love the ride but I love the music! I love Areosmith. My 17 year old daughter loves them too and we are both going to see them in concert this September. Steven Tyler is still awesome so is the rest of the band. Can't wait to go see them again. We saw them two years ago.

I learned many years ago to make sure I leaned back in the seat before it moves. I forgot once and had a sore neck for a couple of days.

We have not been to Fantasmic in years and my younger daughter has never seen it. We'll definitely do it on our next trip. We sat on the other side of where you are right near the exit but still walking out was scary it was way too crowded and that is why I haven't taken my younger one to see it yet she would be smooshed. Last time we were there she was only 5.

You also now have me hooked on the cupcakes! I never knew they had such awesome cup cakes! I'll have to try some on our next trip! Great update! :rockband:

Loving your report!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found it today! You and I are soo much alike! It would be fun to tour the parks together! LOL You know, I've been going to Disney with dh for years and with my family as a child. However, I've never travelled with a super duper Disney fan. Dh just sort of humours me!! The Poly is my fav hotel, but we've never done club level. Fun to hear your thoughts! When's your next trip????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter