Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

I LOVE the dog!!! The only towel animal we got was the Mickey our first night. BOO!!!!!

Got another question for you if you do not mind. My TR is in now in process. How do I add the link to it in my posts so everyone can access it?

I was way behind and just caught up. :) That's awesome you were in the right place at the right time and got to meet Anna and Elsa!!! :cool1: Aren't they fun!! We met them in Epcot in March and they were so great with my nephews. My nephews had Olaf shirts on, and they told them Olaf likes to play hide and seek in the pretty flowers. The boys were looking for Olaf the rest of the day. :)

That cupcake looks awesome!!!

I love Monsters Inc Laugh Floor...it's a lot of fun! :)

I love the Mickey sink container! I am sad we never got one last trip. Did you do anything fun with it once you got home? I saw some place someone used it on their kitchen sink to store brillo pads, etc. I thought that was a great idea.

Your new purse is awesome! :)

Got another question for you if you do not mind. My TR is in now in process. How do I add the link to it in my posts so everyone can access it?

not t steal anyone's thunder but saw this question and thought I would chime in

It sounds like what you want to do is add a link to your TR to your signature so what you want to do is in the "User CP" menu clcik on "Edit Signature" and then in the text box you can type up the name of your TR or whatever the text that you want to appear in your signature, highlight the text you just typed and then click the little icon that looks like the earth with an infinity sign under it (It's supposed to look like a chain link) - that will bring up a window where you put in the web link to your TR (which you can get by copying it from your address bar when you are on the first page of your TR) and then click "OK"

So for example, if you entered "Text" and then highlighted it, clicked on the globe and then if the link to your TR was the same as google you would type: put in there www.google.com and then click "OK" you will see something that looks like this:
[URL="http://www.google.com"]Test[/URL]

which will show up like this in your signature:
Test

... and if I misunderstood your question, I totally apologies :)

that's great that you got to go on SM twice and got to experience both sides! BTW - I understand that they have people to preview each ride photo before putting it up on the monitor to ensure that nothing inappropriate shows up(either on accident or on purpose) ... you know, for people that don't think to wear skorts :)

Glad you got on one of the things Will specified with the Liberty Belle - you do get a very cool view of HM from there!

That's a bummer that the staff didn't go along with the whole Princess Jasmine thing ... though that would be cool if there were like "surprise character meals" like that where random characters would be your waiter/waitress with no notice

Also odd that they wouldn't give you a clean sink or have some sort of plan beyond "wash it out yourself in the bathroom":confused3

Joining! I love your TR so far and all of your pics. I am reading this at work and when I read the part about Disney Bondage, I just laughed out loud. It was really funny! I also love the purse you got. I believe it is Harvey's. I actually follow them on Instagram but haven't been able to buy anything from them yet. ;)

Why do we love seeing SM with the lights on?! I don't feel this way about other rides. I think seeing HM with the lights on would be depressing!

I think part of it is if you see HM with the lights on... not scary. SM with the lights on is a terrifying medieval contraption that only makes riding in the dark scarier (or stupider depending on your perspective) knowing what it really looks like.

Back to back SM!!! Woo Hoo!!! And you get to ride both sides that way. Awesome!

Haha, I do always wonder why girls wear skirts on SM. First ride, ok, you didn't know. But after that, no excuse.

I too don't know how people survive in Disney in the summer. I understand for many they have no choice, but still :worship:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that story with the waterfall video. Too cute. :lovestruc

Is your Mickey sink proudly displayed or stored away? I would have thought they would have given you a new one, also. Or at least washed it out for you.

Very cute purse!

Why have I never seen the cupcake cup!? Looks yummy!

Thanks! I love that purse. More colorful than I usually go for.

If I could re-eat anything during that trip, that cupcake would be in the top 3!

Yes, the sink is displayed and will be seen in the next updates! Ooooo, suspense.

I was way behind and just caught up. :) That's awesome you were in the right place at the right time and got to meet Anna and Elsa!!! :cool1: Aren't they fun!! We met them in Epcot in March and they were so great with my nephews. My nephews had Olaf shirts on, and they told them Olaf likes to play hide and seek in the pretty flowers. The boys were looking for Olaf the rest of the day. :)

That cupcake looks awesome!!!

I love Monsters Inc Laugh Floor...it's a lot of fun! :)

I love the Mickey sink container! I am sad we never got one last trip. Did you do anything fun with it once you got home? I saw some place someone used it on their kitchen sink to store brillo pads, etc. I thought that was a great idea.

Your new purse is awesome! :)

A&E were so fun! It was really like stepping into Frozen! The story of the hidden Olaf in the flowers is adorable!

I think we came up with a pretty good use for the sink for now.... :goodvibes

not t steal anyone's thunder but saw this question and thought I would chime in

It sounds like what you want to do is add a link to your TR to your signature so what you want to do is in the "User CP" menu clcik on "Edit Signature" and then in the text box you can type up the name of your TR or whatever the text that you want to appear in your signature, highlight the text you just typed and then click the little icon that looks like the earth with an infinity sign under it (It's supposed to look like a chain link) - that will bring up a window where you put in the web link to your TR (which you can get by copying it from your address bar when you are on the first page of your TR) and then click "OK"

So for example, if you entered "Text" and then highlighted it, clicked on the globe and then if the link to your TR was the same as google you would type: put in there www.google.com and then click "OK" you will see something that looks like this:
[URL="http://www.google.com"]Test[/URL]

which will show up like this in your signature:
Test

... and if I misunderstood your question, I totally apologies :)

:worship::worship::worship::worship:
Thank you for helping her! You explained that way better than I could have!!

that's great that you got to go on SM twice and got to experience both sides! BTW - I understand that they have people to preview each ride photo before putting it up on the monitor to ensure that nothing inappropriate shows up(either on accident or on purpose) ... you know, for people that don't think to wear skorts :)

Glad you got on one of the things Will specified with the Liberty Belle - you do get a very cool view of HM from there!

That's a bummer that the staff didn't go along with the whole Princess Jasmine thing ... though that would be cool if there were like "surprise character meals" like that where random characters would be your waiter/waitress with no notice

Also odd that they wouldn't give you a clean sink or have some sort of plan beyond "wash it out yourself in the bathroom":confused3

I remember being on Splash Mtn once and waiting for the ride photo and it never came. A CM took my dad and I aside and let us ride it again with no wait! Apparently a kid in our boat made an obscene gesture so they didn't post it!

Right?!? Walk outside in the heat with your sticky sink and wash it yourself...that'd be $15 please.

I LOL'd thinking about a surprise character being your server. Maybe they tried that in the past, but the guests ended up wearing half the meals when Mickey's non-opposable thumbs didn't serve him well.

Joining! I love your TR so far and all of your pics. I am reading this at work and when I read the part about Disney Bondage, I just laughed out loud. It was really funny! I also love the purse you got. I believe it is Harvey's. I actually follow them on Instagram but haven't been able to buy anything from them yet. ;)

Thanks so much for following along! You totally know Disney Bondage exists out there some where!!

Harveys! Yep! I had never heard of them before the trip and I love their philosophy...and oh yeah, cute stuff.

I think part of it is if you see HM with the lights on... not scary. SM with the lights on is a terrifying medieval contraption that only makes riding in the dark scarier (or stupider depending on your perspective) knowing what it really looks like.

Back to back SM!!! Woo Hoo!!! And you get to ride both sides that way. Awesome!

Haha, I do always wonder why girls wear skirts on SM. First ride, ok, you didn't know. But after that, no excuse.

I too don't know how people survive in Disney in the summer. I understand for many they have no choice, but still :worship:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that story with the waterfall video. Too cute. :lovestruc

Right?! Space Mtn looks like a crazy metal death trap with the lights on!! Supposedly, it would feel like you are going slower with the lights on vs off, but I'd love to see for myself!

Poly Waterfall 4-eva!!! I will be in my 80s and asking Will to let me see the Poly Waterfall video again. To which he will say "Whattttt? Can't hear you".

Thank goodness we had the 4th FP as the wait was up to an hour for Splash Mountain! I am not sure how I was able to talk Will into riding this again with me as we got really wet last time WITH ponchos. But, what can I say, he talks me into purses and then agrees to ride an attraction that may splash him with swamp water! Oh what a guy!

We went through the FP queue, where you walk by all the stand-by-ers and feel a little guilty!! When we got to the end, the CM starts to place us in the front row and I said “Oh no! Please put us in the back” and he agreed. I was grateful! When we got soaked last time we were in the front, so I was hoping the back would be drier (and it is a bit!).

We quickly threw on our ponchos and when we got in the boat, I had disposable trash bags for our feet!

Here we go!!!!!

wd053wdw201414176982302.jpeg

Awwwwwwwww…..

We got a little wet, but not too bad! Ponchos put away we headed over to new Fantasyland.

That day, 7DMT was still in CM-testing phase. I had been following a thread closely on the Dis "7DMT soft opening look-out post". I read that non-CM had been on 7DMT that day, and I thought, why not try ourselves!?

We headed to the entrance and there was quite a crowd of people around it. The first CM was so nice and told us right now it was CM only, but there was a soft opening earlier in the morning, and they had no idea when/if there would be another. We decided to just hang out for a while. We were resting against the fence next to the entrance and it was quite entertaining! People kept coming up and giving the CM stories about how they should get on “Well, do you know my CM friend so-and so? Well she said I should talk to you about getting on.” The CM was really nice and apologetic and had to keep turning people away. Some people would just keep asking!! Even now Will and I joke when one of us says “no” to something, the other will be like “How about now? Wait, how about now?”.

A manager came to the front and started telling people they did all the testing they would do for the day with non-CM so it was not going to happen. We felt it was official enough for us so we walked off. About 15 minutes later we saw kids on the ride!!! We went back to the entrance and they had done another soft opening for a few minutes! Boy, people were livid! I wasn’t really mad, but it did seem kind of weird a manager was like "No way", it is not going to happen and then 15 minutes later let some people on!

So not a big deal. I am really happy for people who did get to go early, but Will and I will be back in September!

We didn’t have much time to sulk anyway because we were off to “put the service to the test” at Be Our Guest!!

This was of course my proudest ADR!!! I remember looking around at everyone in the restaurant wondering if the majority of them were also up at 6am 180 days prior!

We checked in the front and got our “rose” and waited for about 10 minutes. While we waited, person after person kept coming up to ask about eating there. They were all turned away as it is reservation only. This really seemed to baffle so many! I’m like, do you not obsessively ready Disney news?!?

Finally it was our turn!

IMAGE_1887.jpg

IMAGE_1888.jpg

Our hostess was really cute and inviting and took us on the tour…. showing each room, kind of dramatic build up where we would be sat. Eventually she showed us the ballroom, where we would be dining. I was hoping for the West wing or music room, but at least we got the West wing for lunch!

IMAGE_1889.jpg

The ceiling is really pretty.

IMAGE_1890.jpg

The only Vegetarian option on the menu was Vegan. It really just did not appeal to Will or myself. So we got the French Onion Soup and Trio of salads as our meal. Will really liked the soup and I really liked the salads. I am just not a fan of French Onion soup apparently! I like my cheese IN the soup!

IMAGE_1891.jpg

IMAGE_1892.jpg

For dessert we both also ordered the same thing, the Chocolate Cream puff.

IMAGE_1893.jpg

Overall, the whole experience was ok. I was really happy I got to eat dinner at BoG at least once! The negatives for us were in the Ballroom, you are seated very closely to other guests. When touring the place after we ate, I would say only 1/4 of the music room was filled! Totally empty tables! Maybe they don't have the staff yet to serve a full restaurant? I would not have minded being spread out a little more! I felt like we were eating with the neighbors on either side of us. The dinner menu choices underwhelmed us. There is no Masters Cupcake at dinner!

The pros over lunch though is meeting the big man himself!

wd063wdw201414177219753.jpeg

I love how Will and the Beast are posing the same!

wd065wdw201414177219755.jpeg

We were the only people with the Beast so it was a really fun interaction!

We were ready then to walk off some of that meal and went to Frontierland where we rode our 5th FP for BTMR! By now it was getting dark, when I think it is a lot more fun time to ride!

I was committed to staying until Wishes and seeing it in the park. However, I could see Will’s energy draining. We had a window of opportunity where we could either stay another 90 minutes for the start of Wishes, or head back home before the mass crowds formed down Main street. I took one look at Will and made the choice. We made our way to Main Street. Boarded a boat, made it in time to get desserts from the lounge, showered up, packed some and watched Wishes from the room. There is nothing more magical than having the fireworks right over head in the park, but I think we made the best decision for us!

With that said, I plan on watching Hallo-wishes from the park in September!

We turned in for bed, for, ugh, I don’t even want to talk about it!

Yes, it was time. :sad1:

Time for the Magical Depress.

Our flight left at 9am, which meant 6am pick-up. It was uneventful. Fell asleep on the bus.

I’ll wrap up how I feel about leaving Disney with one little story about that bus ride to MCO. When we got off the bus for the airport there was a big ole “protein spill” right at the bottom of the bus steps. It was like Hello! Just in case you didn’t realize it, the magic is over!

But let's turn those frowns upside down!!!

It was another amazing trip! I have had so much fun writing about it and I really appreciate all your kind words and reading along!

Instead of thinking about the Magical Depress day, let’s think about how we all end up bringing the magic home!

Will bought me an unbelievable present for my office. He got a great deal on eBay for one of the old paintings that were in the Poly rooms before the renovations! When we went to Wayland Gallery (back when it was open in Poly) they had all these paintings with hidden Mickeys. I told Will I would love to have one of those paintings some day! But they are like super expensive. Well, I never even imagined having an actual painting from the Polynesian!

IMAGE_1905.jpg

IMAGE_1906.jpg

IMAGE_1907.jpg

IMAGE_1908.jpg

I see that painting everyday at work now! People are like, oh, what a nice picture of Hawaii. I’m like, yep. Just a normal picture. :rolleyes1 No one has spotted a Hidden Mickey yet, so it is like my little secret!

Also, we figured out what to do with the Mickey Sink! Our cat now gets her “smelly pellies” in it!
IMAGE_1904.jpg

And just to try and out-do himself, Will got this shirt from eBay also, my new favorite on him!
IMAGE_1914.jpg

And last night he says he was going to make some ice cream sandwiches… and imagine my surprise!
IMAGE_1916.jpg

And that people, is bringing the magic home! Now go work on your trip reports so we can keep the magic going! pixiedust:

Nice, scoring the walk-on for SM!

Yup, I think getting stuck at some point on HM is inevitable. Happens to me pretty much every time.

Nope, your HM items are not embarrassing at all. Pretty cool I have to say.

Wow, Jasmine the server. Cheer up a little lady. :lmao:

What are you going to do with a Mickey sink? What kind of silly question is that! :rotfl2:

Awww, how sweet! A never-ending waterfall. :goodvibes

Okay, I just caught Will's 15 years shirt. I have the 15 years parade on video from the second trip we ever took to WDW in 1986! I used to watch it all of the time when I was a kid, because my Mom had filmed it. I still remember the words. "15 years.....we're having a party at Walt Disney World....the party's just begun!"

Ugh, Magical Depress! I can't believe your TR is over already! Likely because you're a responsible person, who finishes them quickly! Not at all like me. :lmao:

Wow, that's an awesome present!

We didn’t have much time to sulk anyway because we were off to “put the service to the test” at Be Our Guest!!

This was of course my proudest ADR!!! I remember looking around at everyone in the restaurant wondering if the majority of them were also up at 6am 180 days prior!

You east coasters are lucky you get to sleep in until almost 6AM to make your ADRs at 180 days out. In the west we have to be up by 3AM to do that!

Elena, I've really enjoyed your trip report and all your adventures. Sorry if I somehow missed this part, but other than watching the fireworks and being on the monorail line, what was the best thing about staying at the Poly? Was the room theming really enjoyable? Seems like you didn't have much time to hang out in the room or at the resort?

Looking forward to your next trip report too!

I really have enjoyed your report and sad to see it end so soon!!

Although what a fab way to end...no depression or sadness just Disney magic at home. I am really trying to work on that more. And not just DISNEY magic but just bringing the happiness or little surprises to everyday life. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter