Poly or Wilderness Lodge

[I've tried to resist saying something about the "crunchy" comment that was in a previous post, but I just can't hold it in. Please forgive the soapbox moment, but I was taken off guard, as other posters seem to have been as well. Among MANY other things, I think the poster of that comment needs to take into account the fact that some of those awesome rigs cost more than many people's homes, and are decked out better than many of the best deluxe resorts. If that's "crunchy"...SIGN ME UP! :lmao: FW is an experience unto itself, and I for one am proud to be going back after 30 years of being away. :thumbsup2 ][/QUOTE]

hear hear!! we're having our grand gathering at FW in two weeks!! can't wait

We love both and have stayed at WL 2 times and are going to be there again next week. However our next trip will be to the Poly as we will have stayed at WL 3 times in a row. I have a preference of the Poly over the WL by a moderate margin, but my friend likes the WL a bit more than the Poly. Given the opportunity I would choose to stay at the Poly over all others, it's just my favorite.

Another consideration is room size. Check out the room square footages. The Poly rooms are much bigger. This is why Len Testa called Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge "glorified moderates".

I'd like to thank everyone for their input. When we were in Disney last month we visited the Poly (we were at POR) and loved watching the fireworks on the beach. However, I discovered WL on the website and wished we had looked at it too. We love the atmosphere of Great Wolf Lodge and WL reminds me of it. I think we are leaning towards WL because we LOVE the boat ride from POR to DTD and having a boat from WL to MK is a bonus. We like to spend a lot of time at the resort, so that is why the resort is so important to us. :flower3:

If you like to spend a lot of time at the resort, then I would choose WL. They both have similar amenities. Actually, WL has the surrey bikes for rental, which Poly doesn't. Plus, you're just a quick bike ride away from FW which has a ton of recreation.

As for room size, I know the rooms at Poly are much bigger, but truthfully, I didn't notice it much. The bathroom was much bigger and the patio was bigger, but for the room itself, it wasn't noticeable.

I think we are leaning towards WL because we LOVE the boat ride from POR to DTD and having a boat from WL to MK is a bonus. We like to spend a lot of time at the resort, so that is why the resort is so important to us. :flower3:

I know you will have a great time. Have a magical vacation! :flower3:

If I had to choose between avoiding a resort filled with "crunchies" or one filled with people who feel the need to judge "crunchies"......I guess I'll take the "crunchies", even though I've never personally enjoyed Grape Nuts!

I come from a judgement free zone, and we've stayed at all the monorail resorts and the WL, so I'll give you my $.02 on the question at hand.

Both the Poly and the WL are lovely and you can't go wrong with either. If money were no object it would make it harder to choose, but on the whole, both resorts are so nice that we go with the WL when it saves a pile of cash. Of course if you can get a good discount at the Poly.........tough choice.

If you happen to be going in late Noveber or December, the WL is the choice all decked out for the Holidays. We really like the WL. Very peaceful resort. Secluded, but right in the middle of things. Nice pools and hot tubs. The boat ride to the MK is very convenient.....almost as convenient as the monorail is at the Poly. While you might be able to glimpse the fireworks from the WL, you don't want to watch them from here.

It is a neat experience to stay on the monorail, although the monorail at the Poly isn't necessarily the quickest way to get to the MK. That woul be the boat. The rooms are large at the Poly, the theme is wonderful, great pool with a slide, fireworks from the beach. Very nice.

All things considered, we would generally choose the WL over the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter