Poly or AK or BC?

Jen95

Earning My Ears
Hi! I've been planning our trip for a year and didn't know much back then in terms of transportation etc. I have reservations for poly at the end of February. With all of the info out about the monorail issues..I'm starting to wonder if poly is really worth it? The idea of walking from BC to epcot is really appealing. AK is of course cheaper but far away from everything. Any opinions? We have park hoppers and adrs all over the place ..mostly MK and Epcot for now. It's my 8 year old dd first time ever and she is really into MK.
Any help would be appreciated!

For a first trip with a DD who is into MK, I would stick with Poly. Nothing says, "I'm in WDW!" like the castle view from the Poly beach. The Poly is so magically themed and your DD will literally be surrounded by MK, GF and CR. It's pretty amazing! If the monorail is down for some reason (I didn't think the resort line was affected so much right now?), you will have access to the boats and if it's really bad, they'll bring buses in as well. I know, not the monorail, but . . . we just visited the monorail resorts in mid-December and had no issues with the monorail.

Since it's your DD 1st trip and she's into MK I'd stick with Poly. We were at BLT this year and the monorail issues didn't effect us too much. Also, by being at Poly you can walk to the TTC and take a monorail to EPCOT. While you make a good point about BC (BWV is our favorite) you can do it on another trip. I'm sure you love Poly.

Hi! I've been planning our trip for a year and didn't know much back then in terms of transportation etc. I have reservations for poly at the end of February. With all of the info out about the monorail issues..I'm starting to wonder if poly is really worth it? The idea of walking from BC to epcot is really appealing. AK is of course cheaper but far away from everything. Any opinions? We have park hoppers and adrs all over the place ..mostly MK and Epcot for now. It's my 8 year old dd first time ever and she is really into MK.
Any help would be appreciated!

We've stayed at all 3 and while we do like the BC and AKL, the Poly is our favorite. All 3 are nice and have their advantages, but I agree with the others that since your DD is really into MK, I'd stay at the Poly. The Poly is a beautiful resort with a lot to offer and it doesn't get more magical than seeing the castle every day :wizard:.

Don't let the potential of Monorail issues detract you from the Poly. It's a beautiful resort and he resort launch that takes you to the Magic Kingdom is just as, if not more, convenient.

Thanks for the opinions! Sounds like poly is the winner! My husband says just leave it all as is and stop worrying and just enjoy!

Yes I agree with everyone! We stay at the monorail resorts a lot and have never really had problems with the monorail. If it's shut down, the boat is actually a very nice alternative. In fact, sometimes we choose the boat over the monorail just to switch things up. The only issue you might have is once you experience staying at Poly, it will be hard to stay elsewhere!! Have fun

Out of your 3 choices, we've stayed at the Beach Club and the Poly. While we liked the BC, we loved the Poly!! :cloud9: The BC was a beautiful resort but we found ourselves missing the whole MK vibe and tropical feel of the Poly... and definitely missed the monorail. I think you'll be happy with any of the 3! Have a great trip!!

We have stayed at the monorail resorts for all of our stays, and I don't know if we are lucky or what, but we have never had any monorail delays, issues or cancellations that some people mention here.

We just stayed at the Poly last May for the first time and although we used to always stay at BLT, it's our new favorite! We are headed back there this May again...you will love it there!!

We love the Poly and actually choose the boat over the monorail anytime we can. It is so much more relaxing that the monorail and the kids love it!

Thanks for the opinions! Sounds like poly is the winner! My husband says just leave it all as is and stop worrying and just enjoy!

More women need to listen to their husbands! pirate: The world would be so much more fun with more hot wings, football, hot rods, and puppy dogs!

More women need to listen to their husbands! pirate: The world would be so much more fun with more hot wings, football, hot rods, and puppy dogs!
Or in my husbands world.. computers, gadgets, games, Chuck Norris..and hot wings..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter