poly Lagoon view

felixdacat

Give Me Liberty!
We booked a land/sea package and are staying at the poly
(trip starts next thursday). We were told that about a week
out we could request a lagoon view if they were available. Nothing was ever mentioned about extra cost, nor was it mentioned that we could pay to automatically get a Lagoon view.

the Poly is telling us that we can upgrade for a mere cost
of 85$ per night. DH wants DD who is 5 to wake up and
see the castle. I dont think that is worth 85$/night. also we were told that we could get lagoon view anyway if it was avail
adn we requested. not that it would cost so much more.

Do any of you have any experience with this? can we get
lagoon view without shelling out addl money? What about those who book the land/sea package? We have already shelled
out so much money for this trip.

thanks!
sandy

Not sure on prices and how it applies to land/sea packages.

But we had booked a garden view and were upgraded for no additional cost to a Marina view. We did not ask for this upgrade. It all depends what they have booked/available at the time you check in.

We could see Space Mtn but could not see the Castle from our room

Marina views are considered garden views. The Polynesian has two categories of room view, garden and lagoon. The garden views include pool, marina, partial lagoon, monorail, parking lot and garden areas. Lagoon view rooms all face the lagoon except for two rooms in Tokelau.

Lagoon view rooms are sometimes given as free upgrades but they are limited and usually only happen when garden view rooms are overbooked and there are any lagoon view rooms available.

In most cases lagoon view room upgrades are an additional charge and not given for free but it happens in rare cases. If you asked when you checked in for an upgrade to lagoon view they are supposed to charge you but if you got a CM who was nice or willing they could put you in that room for free. If reservations told you it would be free I would check with the Polynesian. I have heard more misinformation come from Central Reservations than I can count.

we did the land/sea 2 years ago. We had booked the contemporary and they called a couple of months ahead and said we had to change. After some banter back and forth they upgraded us to the Poly lagoon view. We had a fabulous room that we could view the castle, and Space Mountain from.
Would I pay $85/night for it? NO
It was nice but not worth the 5 minutes in the morning and then the 10 minutes at night to look at. We spent most of our time in the fun not looking at it.

Just my $0.02

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter